Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hate to say it, but yeah Urban can go.

I am moving away from Jax so I will need to give up my tickets anyway.  If Urban is retained it will at least make it easier to let them go.

Maybe if they cut ties with him I can keep some cheaper tickets and donate them or something.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2021, 08:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Comparing Meyer with established winning NFL coaches accomplishes nothing. No one was under the impression Meyer would come in here able to squeeze the most out of a depleted roster. He was expected to make the mistakes that any rookie coach would make, and we saw real improvement in each successive game. However, yesterday was an absolute train derailment. It was a relapse to week one. It was more than just bad players, the coaching staff couldn’t find their rear-ends with both hands.

We’ll see next week if this continues to trend downwards. No one expected many wins because of the talent deficit, but if they can’t even look organized then Khan needs to make a hard decision. I think it was a temporary relapse and stand by original position of allowing Meyer one season to get himself and his staff in order. However, too many games like this before the end of the season will have me reassessing my stance.

I agree with that.   

Khan isn't going to fire Urban Meyer in the middle of his first season.  But if we have more games like this, Khan will be forced into a decision.  

Everyone knew Meyer had no NFL experience.   But dang, the rest of this coaching staff has loads of NFL experience, and so does the GM.  And yet, it's a clown show out there.  We traded away players we'd like to have back, the defensive back 7 don't know where to line up, or who's even supposed to be on the field, WRs run wrong routes or can't get open, 12 men on the field followed by 12 men on the field the very next play, onside kick returned for a touchdown, and on and on and on.   All our blitzes get picked up, leaving even more room for the opposing WRs.  Yesterday, I saw us run a corner blitz, and the Seahawks' RT blocked both our DE and our CB.  One of their guys blocked two of our guys!  

I think Joe Cullen will be gone within the next few weeks.

I guess I have to retract a lot of this.  Whatever afflicted our defense in Seattle, they seem to have fixed it.

(11-08-2021, 08:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 08:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree with that.   

Khan isn't going to fire Urban Meyer in the middle of his first season.  But if we have more games like this, Khan will be forced into a decision.  

Everyone knew Meyer had no NFL experience.   But dang, the rest of this coaching staff has loads of NFL experience, and so does the GM.  And yet, it's a clown show out there.  We traded away players we'd like to have back, the defensive back 7 don't know where to line up, or who's even supposed to be on the field, WRs run wrong routes or can't get open, 12 men on the field followed by 12 men on the field the very next play, onside kick returned for a touchdown, and on and on and on.   All our blitzes get picked up, leaving even more room for the opposing WRs.  Yesterday, I saw us run a corner blitz, and the Seahawks' RT blocked both our DE and our CB.  One of their guys blocked two of our guys!  

I think Joe Cullen will be gone within the next few weeks.

I guess I have to retract a lot of this.  Whatever afflicted our defense in Seattle, they seem to have fixed it.

Easy Marty, they had a good week but let's not pretend they're suddenly the '85 Bears.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 09:22 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-08-2021, 08:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I guess I have to retract a lot of this.  Whatever afflicted our defense in Seattle, they seem to have fixed it.

Easy Marty, they had a good week but let's not pretend they're suddenly the '85 Bears.

I never said they're the '85 Bears.  But, at least for one week, they do seem to have fixed all the really stupid stuff like having 12 men on the field, not knowing where to line up, and being totally confused about who is supposed to cover who, and that is progress that should be acknowledged.  For one week at least, they knew where to line up, they got pressure on the passer, they covered well, tackled well, and somehow, they kept one of the best offenses in the league out of the end zone.  

So, if last week I said Joe Cullen might be gone in a game or two, I have to acknowledge that, for at least one week, he turned things around completely.

Some people on this message board take a position and stick to it no matter what.  I don't want to be one of those people.  There's new evidence this week, and it's time to adjust some opinions based on new evidence.

(11-08-2021, 08:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I guess I have to retract a lot of this.  Whatever afflicted our defense in Seattle, they seem to have fixed it.

But you also have to take into account your Urban Derangement Syndrome. They’re not the ‘85 Bears, but they are improving and that is attributable to Meyer to a certain extent, as much as you don’t want to admit it.

(11-08-2021, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Easy Marty, they had a good week but let's not pretend they're suddenly the '85 Bears.

I never said they're the '85 Bears.  But, at least for one week, they do seem to have fixed all the really stupid stuff like having 12 men on the field, not knowing where to line up, and being totally confused about who is supposed to cover who, and that is progress that should be acknowledged.  For one week at least, they knew where to line up, they got pressure on the passer, they covered well, tackled well, and somehow, they kept one of the best offenses in the league out of the end zone.  

So, if last week I said Joe Cullen might be gone in a game or two, I have to acknowledge that, for at least one week, he turned things around completely.

Some people on this message board take a position and stick to it no matter what.  I don't want to be one of those people.  There's new evidence this week, and it's time to adjust some opinions based on new evidence.
They were flat out awesome yesterday. Legit can't take anything away from them.

But to the bolded, those are all things that shouldn't need to be fixed in week 9. Those are things that should be non-existent by week 3. Still pretty awesome to see it finally click on D which is something that we haven't seen in about 3 years or so. Offense needs a lot of work though.

(11-08-2021, 09:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Easy Marty, they had a good week but let's not pretend they're suddenly the '85 Bears.

But you also have to take into account your Urban Derangement Syndrome. They’re not the ‘85 Bears, but they are improving and that is attributable to Meyer to a certain extent, as much as you don’t want to admit it.

So you think what we saw yesterday will be an every week thing now? I don't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-08-2021, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: But you also have to take into account your Urban Derangement Syndrome. They’re not the ‘85 Bears, but they are improving and that is attributable to Meyer to a certain extent, as much as you don’t want to admit it.

So you think what we saw yesterday will be an every week thing now? I don't.

Me neither, but I think we’ll see it with increasing frequency.

(11-08-2021, 09:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you think what we saw yesterday will be an every week thing now? I don't.

Me neither, but I think we’ll see it with increasing frequency.

I hope so, but I think it was Blind Squirrel Syndrome and more likely that we return to our normal last place play next week.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 10:08 AM by Tank Commander.)

Urban, Heart of a Champion!

[Image: 1*DFm2IkZ1ofdXhy4luAN6Kw.jpeg]

(11-08-2021, 09:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Me neither, but I think we’ll see it with increasing frequency.

I hope so, but I think it was Blind Squirrel Syndrome and more likely that we return to our normal last place play next week.

A few fluke plays I could see, but a sustained game-long effort like yesterday wasn’t blind squirrel.

(11-08-2021, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I like Joe Cullen. He has an aggressive mindset and is not afraid to dial up the blitz. He's still figuring out how to utilize his personnel, something Wash never learned in several years. Wash had [BLEEP] covering receivers.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(11-08-2021, 10:05 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Urban, Heart of a Champion!

[Image: 1*DFm2IkZ1ofdXhy4luAN6Kw.jpeg]

So much yes for this Galaxy Quest meme!!!!

Urban can still go.

Florida needs a new head coach I think... maybe he can go back to the swamp.
Then I'd get to [BLEEP] about him on Saturdays instead of Sundays Sad

(11-06-2021, 09:42 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I think I've honestly hit the point where if Urban is still the coach next season I'm done as a fan, and that makes me incredibly sad.

I got bad news for you sunshine.

I doubt that Urbz is on a one-year plan unless he hijacks the Kismet and manages to sink it in international waters.

(11-08-2021, 10:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I hope so, but I think it was Blind Squirrel Syndrome and more likely that we return to our normal last place play next week.

A few fluke plays I could see, but a sustained game-long effort like yesterday wasn’t blind squirrel.

In a one game sample literally anything and everything could be a blind squirrel. There will be ample time for it to be proven a trend or a one week blip, no need to rush making declarations.

I don't think Urbz is going away anytime soon. The team has already improved their record over last year and they'll probably win a couple more. He sold a lot of tickets with his noteriety when he was hired. And Shad has proven to be very patient in the past. Besides, Shad said he was going to be a lot more involved this year, so whatever the team does is partially on him too, right?
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(11-08-2021, 10:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I hope so, but I think it was Blind Squirrel Syndrome and more likely that we return to our normal last place play next week.

One hundred 100% this. This team has improved each week and played close with good teams. It's also showed its inexperience but the fact that the defense was dominant all game says a lot.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]