Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Rittenhouse on trial

(11-26-2021, 10:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 09:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's insinuating that the case was so Open-N-Shut that it didn't take much lawyering to win his acquittal. He's probably right, but that was as much because of the inclinations of the judge as anything else. Watching those videos with the panel of other lawyers commentating it was pretty clear that the defense team left a lot to be desired.

I didn't watch much of the Rittenhouse case, but if I were on trial for murder, I wouldn't rely on the idea that it was such an open and shut case that I could save money on legal fees.  I would spend as much money as I could, just to change it from a 99% chance of acquittal to a 99.9% chance of acquittal.  

In addition to that point, just because one person or even many persons on this message board think it was an open and shut case, and easy acquittal, that doesn't mean 12 jurors think that.  And you need all 12 to avoid a hung jury and a retrial.

Sure, but the comments were about the quality of the legal team and from the accounts it looks they paid premium dollars for lawyers who were just ok. Had the judge been inclined the other direction I'm not sure this team could've won the case.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 03:05 PM by p_rushing.)

(11-26-2021, 09:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What are you talking about?  They did win.

They didn't do much to research the jury pool, didn't object to the issues in the pool, they had prosecutors committing crimes in front of them and they didn't fight very hard to get it all thrown out, and didn't object to the deliberation issues with protesters, judge not following rules/laws, and further misconduct from prosecutors.

Their basic strategy was to just sit back and hope they didn't get a Karen or 2 on the jury. It should have been a quick acquittal or the case should have been dismissed and prosecutors brought up on charges, or the judge should have ruled not guilty from the bench. When you are risking a kids entire life, you can't just be nice not to upset anyone.

I don't know the lawyers political leaning but I though I saw something about them not being conservative. Now you have the scumbag spokesman for the family planting all these lies in the media and using FOX to do it. He is a disgraced Navy seal, has close contacts that are also in trouble for scaming people. Wood is going off on him with hacking claims, claims about him trying to use the bail money to secure loans (That may have been Pierce?), and CIA mole.

I'm never sure about Wood but he does have a good history and doesn't need money. He is backing up his claims with info while the people he is calling out are silent. He does have a bunch of other crazy stuff but who knows, no one has sued him.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHAAA9gcso0&t=126s
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Potential good news for Rittenhouse. I wonder if he'll sue Biden. He should. 

Nicholas Sandmann reaches settlement with NBC in Covington Catholic High School controversy | Fox News

(11-26-2021, 10:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 10:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I didn't watch much of the Rittenhouse case, but if I were on trial for murder, I wouldn't rely on the idea that it was such an open and shut case that I could save money on legal fees.  I would spend as much money as I could, just to change it from a 99% chance of acquittal to a 99.9% chance of acquittal.  

In addition to that point, just because one person or even many persons on this message board think it was an open and shut case, and easy acquittal, that doesn't mean 12 jurors think that.  And you need all 12 to avoid a hung jury and a retrial.

Sure, but the comments were about the quality of the legal team and from the accounts it looks they paid premium dollars for lawyers who were just ok. Had the judge been inclined the other direction I'm not sure this team could've won the case.

It's a discouraging reality that the outcome of any criminal trial, especially one of such huge consequences, can so often be dependent on the relative skills of the prosecution and defense, rather than just the facts of the case.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-18-2021, 02:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 10:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure, but the comments were about the quality of the legal team and from the accounts it looks they paid premium dollars for lawyers who were just ok. Had the judge been inclined the other direction I'm not sure this team could've won the case.

It's a discouraging reality that the outcome of any criminal trial, especially one of such huge consequences, can so often be dependent on the relative skills of the prosecution and defense, rather than just the facts of the case.

Facts? Facts were some stupid inbred Marxist thought it would be smart to attack a kid with a rifle then other inbred Marxist joined in and found out that is not very smart. The only bad thing that happened was that one lived.  Rittenhouse did what he had to do to survive. That should put ALL would be Marxist pigs on notice, don’t start nuthin, there won’t be nuthin. But mess around and you’ll find out.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(12-16-2021, 05:16 PM)Ronster Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHAAA9gcso0&t=126s

yeh, he's getting pulled before the jan 6th committee

(12-18-2021, 03:57 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 02:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It's a discouraging reality that the outcome of any criminal trial, especially one of such huge consequences, can so often be dependent on the relative skills of the prosecution and defense, rather than just the facts of the case.

Facts? Facts were some stupid inbred Marxist thought it would be smart to attack a kid with a rifle then other inbred Marxist joined in and found out that is not very smart. The only bad thing that happened was that one lived.  Rittenhouse did what he had to do to survive. That should put ALL would be Marxist pigs on notice, don’t start nuthin, there won’t be nuthin. But mess around and you’ll find out.

By the facts of this case, no sane prosecutor would attempt to file charges on this case.  No sane judge should have allowed this farce to continue.  

The Prosecutor should be disbarred and charged with federal violations of Kyle's Civil rights.  In open court, he suggested that the jury take a negative inference from Kyles constitutional right to remain silent (made even more egregious when the defendant planned to undergo cross examination).  He also suggested that your constitutional right to bear arms negates your right to self-defense.  This should get a first-year law student a one way ticket home, let alone a prosecutor.  

This is a disgusting example of Social/Collective justice.  The protestors had the right political beliefs, therefore anyone who opposed them or stopped them from destroying the city was engaged in hate, racism, sexism, ableism, colorism etc. and we now want to use the legal system to adjudicate that political difference with the force of law and incarceration.  This is a fundamental shredding of the constitution in ways most people don't really understand and i shudder to think what would have happened in the event there were no cameras!

(12-18-2021, 02:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It's a discouraging reality that the outcome of any criminal trial, especially one of such huge consequences, can so often be dependent on the relative skills of the prosecution and defense, rather than just the facts of the case.

Wow, what a tough guy you are!  Thanks for the laugh.  

I think you might have watched too many cowboy movies.

(12-21-2021, 09:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 03:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: Facts? Facts were some stupid inbred Marxist thought it would be smart to attack a kid with a rifle then other inbred Marxist joined in and found out that is not very smart. The only bad thing that happened was that one lived.  Rittenhouse did what he had to do to survive. That should put ALL would be Marxist pigs on notice, don’t start nuthin, there won’t be nuthin. But mess around and you’ll find out.

Wow, what a tough guy you are!  Thanks for the laugh.  

Careful! The tough guy might block you!

(12-21-2021, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 09:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Wow, what a tough guy you are!  Thanks for the laugh.  

Careful! The tough guy might block you!

I swear I am still laughing at what he wrote.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 12:44 PM by Ronster. Edited 2 times in total.)

Yuck it up. I am sure Rosenbaum thought that it was funny too. LOL.... Ya, he's not laughing at anything anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqUa_G1h3pw

My post did not address the facts of this case at all.  I was simply commenting on one of the deficiencies in our judicial system.

As others have pointed out, the trial itself was politically and socially driven.  Yet another prosecutor kowtowing to the Left or jumping that way voluntarily for personal political gain, making a mockery of our Constitutional process.   Fortunately, justice ultimately prevailed

Physically attacking someone who is clearly armed is never a good idea, but violent protesters are typically not the greatest thinkers.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-22-2021, 08:47 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 03:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: Facts? Facts were some stupid inbred Marxist thought it would be smart to attack a kid with a rifle then other inbred Marxist joined in and found out that is not very smart. The only bad thing that happened was that one lived.  Rittenhouse did what he had to do to survive. That should put ALL would be Marxist pigs on notice, don’t start nuthin, there won’t be nuthin. But mess around and you’ll find out.

My post did not address the facts of this case at all.  I was simply commenting on one of the deficiencies in our judicial system.

As others have pointed out, the trial itself was politically and socially driven.  Yet another prosecutor kowtowing to the Left or jumping that way voluntarily for personal political gain, making a mockery of our Constitutional process.   Fortunately, justice ultimately prevailed

Physically attacking someone who is clearly armed is never a good idea, but violent protesters are typically not the greatest thinkers.

Can we lose the narrative that those thugs were protesting anything? They were there for one reason only, and that was to be thugs and destroy stuff.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???