Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 WR class

(11-28-2021, 07:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm with most people, it would be nice if we can come away with a really good WR from this class and get one of the top WRs in FA.  I guy I really like is David Bell.  He doesn't have the great speed but that double move along with the route running and hands are great.  He had over 1000 yrds as a freshman and 7 TDs.  This year he had over 200 yrds and a TD against the number 2 team, over 200 yrds and a TD against the number 3 team, and over 100 yards against the number 4 team.  Dudes a playmaker and is at his best against the best defenses.

Has good hands and body control and positioning, but the lack of speed would not make him a fit here (assuming UM and the scheme stays another year).

They could still get a speed guy in the mid rounds and we also have FA.  We need to take who we feel is the best WR regardless

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-28-2021, 08:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 07:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Has good hands and body control and positioning, but the lack of speed would not make him a fit here (assuming UM and the scheme stays another year).

They could still get a speed guy in the mid rounds and we also have FA.  We need to take who we feel is the best WR regardless

I think Bell is gonna run better than people think. He may not run a sub 4.4/40, but I believe he's a 4.5/40 guy and that's not slow by any means.

Jameson Williams with a 67 yard TD reception in the SEC Championship. I love this kid. I like him more and more each time I watch him play. God, he would look good in teal and black!

(12-04-2021, 05:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jameson Williams with a 67 yard TD reception in the SEC Championship. I love this kid. I like him more and more each time I watch him play. God, he would look good in teal and black!

Was a blown coverage on the play, nobody Was 10 yards from him.  I like him as a gunner on punts

(12-04-2021, 05:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jameson Williams with a 67 yard TD reception in the SEC Championship. I love this kid. I like him more and more each time I watch him play. God, he would look good in teal and black!

He truly looks like the real deal. Did you see the next drive where he took the wr screen (i think) and took it up the sideline? Georgia db about to get him, had the angle and he just hit fifth gear and left him behind for 10-15 more yards. Do we dare take him at 3? If Thibs and Hutch are gone?

Williams does most of his work from the slot.

Do you think Metchie falls to the third round?
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 06:54 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-04-2021, 06:16 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:

He truly looks like the real deal. Did you see the next drive where he took the wr screen (i think) and took it up the sideline? Georgia db about to get him, had the angle and he just hit fifth gear and left him behind for 10-15 more yards. Do we dare take him at 3? If Thibs and Hutch are gone?

I did. Some receivers his size are fast, but not necessarily quick. He's both. Once he catches the ball, there is no hesitation. He takes off like a bullet. That kind of speed and quickness is exactly what we need, but we also need a John Metchie type possession receiver, whether that be in free agency or the draft. Right now we have neither a possession receiver or a big play WR. 

If we are at #3 and Hutchinson and Thibodeaux are gone, my plan is not changing. I'm trading down without question. Hopefully, we could still end up with Jameson Williams and ideally Utah ILB Devin Lloyd, if we traded with a team who had 2 first round picks. I'd then possibly look into trading back up into the bottom of round 1 and I would target Mississippi DE/OLB Sam Williams. To end up with those three would be a dream scenario.

(12-04-2021, 06:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Williams does most of his work from the slot.

I don't care. He's an electric, playmaker. Just what we need. Play him anywhere.

(12-04-2021, 06:38 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Do you think Metchie falls to the third round?

I don't see any way he falls that far. I see him going anywhere from the bottom of round 1 to the middle-late round 2. One of the best route runners in the draft with great hands. He reminds me of Robert Woods.

He can't come out this year being he's just a sophomore but is Jordan Addison the best WR in college?

That was a great move by Williams

Jameson Williams is gonna make me re-think my trading down strategy. I would hate to trade down too low and miss out on him. This kid is without question, the best WR in the country. He just blew right through that double coverage. I will say this. I haven't made a draft board yet, but he's probably gonna end up in my top 5-7 overall players.

If we can't get Hutch or Thibs, trading down to like 7 and getting Jameson is the dream. If no one will trade just take Jameson at 1.03.

(12-04-2021, 07:58 PM)Upper Wrote: If we can't get Hutch or Thibs, trading down to like 7 and getting Jameson is the dream. If no one will trade just take Jameson at 1.03.

Trading down a bit and getting him would be ideal. As far as taking him at #3, I gotta think about it. I'm starting to warm to the idea though and I was totally against it before this game, but he has played very well against one of the top secondaries in the country and without Metchie for the 2nd half. That's very impressive.

Pretty well convinced Williams makes a third elite player do the draft that I’ve seen. And what about the offensive line work by Bama today

Curious which WR will fall to the 2nd round. Seems like the consensus is Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks, and Drake London are all first round locks. That leaves Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, and David Bell in that 1st-2nd range. I’d guess one of those three will be available when we pick. There is also George Pickens who is a wildcard.

(12-09-2021, 04:57 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Curious which WR will fall to the 2nd round. Seems like the consensus is Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks, and Drake London are all first round locks. That leaves Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, and David Bell in that 1st-2nd range. I’d guess one of those three will be available when we pick. There is also George Pickens who is a wildcard.

I don't see what people see in Drake London. 

There have been plenty of WRs with size that can't separate.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 04:09 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-09-2021, 06:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 04:57 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Curious which WR will fall to the 2nd round. Seems like the consensus is Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks, and Drake London are all first round locks. That leaves Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, and David Bell in that 1st-2nd range. I’d guess one of those three will be available when we pick. There is also George Pickens who is a wildcard.

London is a great route runner with excellent hands. He may not be fast, but he could be a Cris Carter type player. 

I hate George Pickens. That guy is way too inconsistent. I wouldn't even consider him until round 5 and I'd have to be talked into it.

London is a great route runner with excellent hands. He may not be fast, but he could be a Cris Carter type player. Since we currently have no receivers that can run decent routes or catch the dang football, I'd be happy to take a receiver with good hands. We'd still need a speed receiver who could stretch the field though. I'm hoping we draft a big play WR and a possession WR.

I hate George Pickens. That guy is way too inconsistent. I wouldn't even consider him until round 5 and I'd have to be talked into it.

broken bones are not nearly as severe as other injuries, but I grow sour on receivers that have lower leg injuries.

I'm not gonna throw an early pick at a guy I hope is going to return to pre-injury form, but that seems to be what this team does.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 10:17 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...56104?s=20. He's gonna be a matchup nightmare and a great RedZone Target. He would be a great compliment to Godwin