Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer to Notre Dame as HC?

(12-05-2021, 09:57 PM)empty Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So then why is he in the game and getting the ball down 30 points, with 2 minutes left, at our own 1, if it's because he's "battling an injury"?????????
https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...4691996684

Here's the transcript from that line of questioning, it's as confusing and nonsensical as you'd expect.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...1660430336

What a complete joke. This dude doesn't have a single clue about anything that's going on with this team. Somebody needs to ask this guy what he actually does on this team besides talk nonsense into a mic.

I see the RB coach is the guy getting tossed under the bus this week. Urban hasn't taken responsibility for a single thing this season. There's no way Khan keeps him after this season. Gotta be no way even Khan keeps him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2021, 10:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:57 PM)empty Wrote: Here's the transcript from that line of questioning, it's as confusing and nonsensical as you'd expect.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...1660430336

What a complete joke. This dude doesn't have a single clue about anything that's going on with this team. Somebody needs to ask this guy what he actually does on this team besides talk nonsense into a mic.

I see the RB coach is the guy getting tossed under the bus this week. Urban hasn't taken responsibility for a single thing this season. There's no way Khan keeps him after this season. Gotta be no way even Khan keeps him.
A lot of times when he talks about some our players he doesn't even know their names.

This is Robinson's agent's response to Urban's drivel...

If I'm Robinson and his agent, I'm requesting a trade this off season if Urbs isn't fired.
https://twitter.com/agent_sank/status/14...7034219534

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 12:06 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

It is becoming increasingly clear that, like so many players that have come here, Meyer is here on the Jaguar retirement plan. As long as he hangs in, he gets what, 12mil? (dont know the exact number) Or some kind of a buyout. I dont think he returns to college, this is it for him, so he's not going to squander his payday by resigning. We are stuck with him unless Khan fires or buys him out, and his track record on this speaks for itself. Best case scenario for us as fans is for him to somehow develop into a competent HC, and right now, that seems years away. Khan got suckered into giving the keys to the franchise (remember the whole 'coach-cenric' comments?) to a rookie coach from college who decided he wanted to try the NFL during his time working at sports networks.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

What other coach is as hands off with player management during the game as Urban Meyer? He's absolute dogshit.

The NFL isn't college. It's really hard to go into a bad situation and win immediately. Even if you have the right guy, it isn't just going to happen in one offseason. So I don't think it's just to put all of the blame on Urb or the coaching staff. Obviously, changes need to be made but you don't want to be an organization known for high turnover. Kind of hard for anyone to buy in where there is no continuity, accountability, stability.

(12-06-2021, 03:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The NFL isn't college.  It's really hard to go into a bad situation and win immediately.  Even if you have the right guy,  it isn't just going to happen in one offseason.  So I don't think it's just to put all of the blame on Urb or the coaching staff.  Obviously,  changes need to be made but you don't want to be an organization known for high turnover.  Kind of hard for anyone to buy in where there is no continuity,  accountability,  stability.

I don`t think I`ve ever heard a coach say they have no clue what is going on with there team as much as Urban has. Its his job to know and if he doesn`t then what the hell is his job? He does nothing for this team but blame his staff like that makes it not his fault when he chose the staff. He`s lying through his teeth because why in the world would any slightly sane OC use Hyde over Robinson? Robinson at 70% is still better then Hyde, the only reason Hyde is here and on the field is Urban.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Time to start a go fund for me?

(12-06-2021, 03:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The NFL isn't college.  It's really hard to go into a bad situation and win immediately.  Even if you have the right guy,  it isn't just going to happen in one offseason.  So I don't think it's just to put all of the blame on Urb or the coaching staff.  Obviously,  changes need to be made but you don't want to be an organization known for high turnover.  Kind of hard for anyone to buy in where there is no continuity,  accountability,  stability.

What are you talking about? With free agency single season turnarounds of 5 or 6 more wins aren't unheard of. When a team is as bad as the Jaguars were last season the expectation should be at least another 4-5 wins with a decent free agency haul. The team might still be below average but competitive. The NFL is a league designed to have a bunch of 7 win teams and the Jaguars are constantly coming up short.

(12-06-2021, 07:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:

What are you talking about? With free agency single season turnarounds of 5 or 6 more wins aren't unheard of. When a team is as bad as the Jaguars were last season the expectation should be at least another 4-5 wins with a decent free agency haul. The team might still be below average but competitive. The NFL is a league designed to have a bunch of 7 win teams and the Jaguars are constantly coming up short.

And this team isn't playing a bunch of rookies either, if they were it would be understandable. But they brought in or retained a fairly veteran group of starters who should've been much more impactful on the performance than what we've seen. To see how much the quality of play declined since last year has to indicate that something else is wrong.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-06-2021, 07:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Wasn't thar supposed to happen THIS season. Lol.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 11:02 AM by Mikey.)

(12-05-2021, 10:07 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:00 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: IMO it's this way because Shad Khan is a terrible owner and has refused to CLEAN HOUSE at any point in his tenure. There has always been some form of layover from the previous staff to the next and that didn't change with Baalke staying behind to play puppet GM. I am convinced this team will never be a consistent winner under this current ownership because the guy at the top is clueless when it comes to football.
He is not clueless, he just doesn't care....

the venn diagram resembles a circle.

(12-05-2021, 11:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This is Robinson's agent's response to Urban's drivel...

If I'm Robinson and his agent, I'm requesting a trade this off season if Urbs isn't fired.
https://twitter.com/agent_sank/status/14...7034219534

It's like it's 2018 all over again!

(12-06-2021, 03:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The NFL isn't college. It's really hard to go into a bad situation and win immediately.

Not a single one of us were expecting to immediately start winning. We did expect to see progress and competency that would lead to stacking wins in the coming years. What we have seen is the exact polar opposite of that. This is the worst shape the franchise has ever been in, and there is zero proof that there is any light at the end of the tunnel.

Urban and Baalke are our Ganon and Ganondorf. Before we had our Gene/Caldwell/Gus but life outside of those dungeons was tolerable. Now we just have a cloud of smog hanging over every aspect of the organizatoin because we aren't just an awful football team we are also being led by awful people.