Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad hired you as the new General Manager of the Jaguars! Where do you start?

(12-19-2021, 01:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 1. Fire Frank Frangie
2. Fire John Oesher
3. Bring back updated 1996 Uniforms

Frank seems to still be enamored with Urban.

He was always behind him 100% which is weird because you'd think he saw first hand Urban Liar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2021, 11:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I begin an immediate search for a HC. I want an offensive minded coach from a winning organization who is known for developing QB's. Getting Trevor Lawrence on track is without a doubt, priority #1. I involve Trevor in the search and make sure he is comfortable with the person I hire. I also ask each person I interview who they intend to bring in as Coordinators and coaches to make sure that we don't have a huge debacle like when Meyer tried to bring in that racist coach. We CANNOT repeat the mistakes of the past. We HAVE TO learn from all the things we've done wrong in order to turn things around.

I try to look for trade partners in deals for Jawaan Taylor, Laviska Shenault and Myles Jack. There is a good chance we might not get anything for Taylor and Shenault and if that is the case, I cut them outright. I'm not gonna waste time trying Taylor inside at OG, he sucks and he has to go. The same for Shenault. I'm not keeping dead weight. As for Jack, it's obvious that he is best suited for a 4-3 scheme as an OLB. He has some value to other teams, so I take the best offer I get, no matter what it is.

Free agency is gonna be an uphill battle now that our reputation is even worse than it was before. We have to upgrade this O-Line though. If Terron Armstead hits free agency, I call his agent immediately and offer him a 4 year deal, making him the top paid OT in NFL history. I make sure I'm the top bidder by quite a bit. Solidifying the LT position is a must and he is by far, the best player in free agency. As I have said on numerous occasions, I think this is the worst OT draft class in at least 5 years. I wouldn't even consider selecting one of these OT's until at least, round 3. So, I cannot count on filling either starting OT in the draft. It has to be done in free agency in order to get significantly better. I also target Riley Reiff in free agency as well. He had made the Bengals O-Line so much better this season, until his injury and he is now on I.R. If I could somehow land Armstead and Reiff for LT and RT, that would be the ideal scenario. If I only land Armstead or Reiff, at least that would help. If I land neither, I franchise Cam Robinson one more year and add depth via free agency by signing a young OT with potential to compete with Robinson and Little for starting positions. The guy I like for that spot is Joseph Noteboom of the Rams. If none of these moves work out, we're screwed. I also look at the OG's and Centers and see who is allowed to hit free agency and then make some other offers. If all of my options fail for OT, I make a trade for a good, young OT. If I have to use this year's 3rd round pick and next year's 1st round pick, so be it. I have to get a veteran OT, one way or another.

I need to add a veteran WR with speed to this roster, so I don't put too much pressure on the rookie WR's we bring in. Obviously, Davante Adams is the prize, but I see no way he's coming here. The same goes for Chris Godwin, but I make very high offers to them anyway and see what happens. I definitely re-sign D.J. Chark. The offense completely fell apart when he got injured. I also make an offer to Mike Williams of the Chargers. If I can't get Adams, Godwin or Williams, I reach out to Christian Kirk, Michael Gallup, Marques Valdez-Scantling and Russell Gage and see what I come up with. I then focus heavily on WR in the draft.

When it comes to the draft, I'm taking the BAP. If we have a top 2 pick, I'm taking one of the DE/OLB's (Hutchinson or Thibodeaux) and if we pick lower and they are gone, I'm taking my next highest rated player (Jameson Williams), but I'm gonna try and slide down a bit to get him. Definitely no lower than #6 overall though. From there, I concentrate on WR, ILB, OG, Center, OT, S, TE, CB and OLB, if we don't get one of the top 2 pass rushers in round 1. There is no priority of positions. I just take the BAP, depending on who is the most highly rated player when we pick. I'm definitely double dipping at the WR and ILB positions. We need all new starters at both spots and I would be very active bringing in as many UDFA's as possible. I'm looking for help anywhere I can get it.

Even if everything on this list goes perfectly, it still won't make us a playoff team. I make the fans realize this is gonna take a while, but they WILL see improvements and that is the new goal. We need to keep improving until we get to that point where we are competitive and then to where we are contenders. My new team slogan is "No looking back, only forward." We need a new mindset for the team and the fans. No more hanging on to past mistakes, we learn from them and move on. It's all about noticeable improvements, taking accountability and looking to the future.

First of all, well written and kudos to you for sharing such a well thought out plan with all of us, +1.

2ndly, i can get on board with just about everything you've mentioned.

(12-19-2021, 02:00 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 11:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I begin an immediate search for a HC. I want an offensive minded coach from a winning organization who is known for developing QB's. Getting Trevor Lawrence on track is without a doubt, priority #1. I involve Trevor in the search and make sure he is comfortable with the person I hire. I also ask each person I interview who they intend to bring in as Coordinators and coaches to make sure that we don't have a huge debacle like when Meyer tried to bring in that racist coach. We CANNOT repeat the mistakes of the past. We HAVE TO learn from all the things we've done wrong in order to turn things around.

I try to look for trade partners in deals for Jawaan Taylor, Laviska Shenault and Myles Jack. There is a good chance we might not get anything for Taylor and Shenault and if that is the case, I cut them outright. I'm not gonna waste time trying Taylor inside at OG, he sucks and he has to go. The same for Shenault. I'm not keeping dead weight. As for Jack, it's obvious that he is best suited for a 4-3 scheme as an OLB. He has some value to other teams, so I take the best offer I get, no matter what it is.

Free agency is gonna be an uphill battle now that our reputation is even worse than it was before. We have to upgrade this O-Line though. If Terron Armstead hits free agency, I call his agent immediately and offer him a 4 year deal, making him the top paid OT in NFL history. I make sure I'm the top bidder by quite a bit. Solidifying the LT position is a must and he is by far, the best player in free agency. As I have said on numerous occasions, I think this is the worst OT draft class in at least 5 years. I wouldn't even consider selecting one of these OT's until at least, round 3. So, I cannot count on filling either starting OT in the draft. It has to be done in free agency in order to get significantly better. I also target Riley Reiff in free agency as well. He had made the Bengals O-Line so much better this season, until his injury and he is now on I.R. If I could somehow land Armstead and Reiff for LT and RT, that would be the ideal scenario. If I only land Armstead or Reiff, at least that would help. If I land neither, I franchise Cam Robinson one more year and add depth via free agency by signing a young OT with potential to compete with Robinson and Little for starting positions. The guy I like for that spot is Joseph Noteboom of the Rams. If none of these moves work out, we're screwed. I also look at the OG's and Centers and see who is allowed to hit free agency and then make some other offers. If all of my options fail for OT, I make a trade for a good, young OT. If I have to use this year's 3rd round pick and next year's 1st round pick, so be it. I have to get a veteran OT, one way or another.

I need to add a veteran WR with speed to this roster, so I don't put too much pressure on the rookie WR's we bring in. Obviously, Davante Adams is the prize, but I see no way he's coming here. The same goes for Chris Godwin, but I make very high offers to them anyway and see what happens. I definitely re-sign D.J. Chark. The offense completely fell apart when he got injured. I also make an offer to Mike Williams of the Chargers. If I can't get Adams, Godwin or Williams, I reach out to Christian Kirk, Michael Gallup, Marques Valdez-Scantling and Russell Gage and see what I come up with. I then focus heavily on WR in the draft.

When it comes to the draft, I'm taking the BAP. If we have a top 2 pick, I'm taking one of the DE/OLB's (Hutchinson or Thibodeaux) and if we pick lower and they are gone, I'm taking my next highest rated player (Jameson Williams), but I'm gonna try and slide down a bit to get him. Definitely no lower than #6 overall though. From there, I concentrate on WR, ILB, OG, Center, OT, S, TE, CB and OLB, if we don't get one of the top 2 pass rushers in round 1. There is no priority of positions. I just take the BAP, depending on who is the most highly rated player when we pick. I'm definitely double dipping at the WR and ILB positions. We need all new starters at both spots and I would be very active bringing in as many UDFA's as possible. I'm looking for help anywhere I can get it.

Even if everything on this list goes perfectly, it still won't make us a playoff team. I make the fans realize this is gonna take a while, but they WILL see improvements and that is the new goal. We need to keep improving until we get to that point where we are competitive and then to where we are contenders. My new team slogan is "No looking back, only forward." We need a new mindset for the team and the fans. No more hanging on to past mistakes, we learn from them and move on. It's all about noticeable improvements, taking accountability and looking to the future.

First of all, well written and kudos to you for sharing such a well thought out plan with all of us, +1.

2ndly, i can get on board with just about everything you've mentioned.

Thanks.

(12-18-2021, 08:29 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I fire all staff, trade overrated Trevor get john madden as new gm, then hire John henderson as jags Defense cord,for offense i bring in bosli as the O corrdniter,and hire Mark burnaul as jags HC.

three words describe this plan and two of them are bat and crazy.

For me, if Shad hires me as GM the first thing I do is seek an assistant GM who has experience working in NFL front offices, because my butt is certainly underqualified and will be quickly overwhelmed. Last thing I want to do is be called the worst hire Shad has made since Urban Meyer.

@The rest of y'all think way too much of yourselves to take any other avenue.@

Welp. Godwin tore his ACL so maybe Jags can get him now......

(12-20-2021, 03:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Welp. Godwin tore his ACL so maybe Jags can get him now......

Baalke is drooling at the opportunity.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

To put this as simply as possible, the new G.M. needs to do what his predecessors (Caldwell, Smith, Harris, Baalke) failed to accomplish: Draft the right players and sign the best free agents for the money. It starts with hiring the best scouts. Without good players, no coach can be successful over time. Without good players surrounding him, no quarterback can consistently win.

Shad, find a way to hire Ed Dodds or Mike Borganzi. I believe both would make great General Managers. Have them hire the new coach. There are a plethora of great candidates who'd love to take this job. Potentially great quarterback, owner who will spend money on free agents, low taxes, are just some of the positives.

The new G.M. will have a top 3 pick, likely number 1. Depending on whether he trades back, he should be able to add at least 4 solid players from this draft class. I believe they can sign some good free agents if the right G.M. and coach are hired. It will take 2 years for whatever G.M. is hired to accumulate enough talent to seriously compete for a playoff spot. The priorities for this off-season are:

1. Draft the BPA. Hutchinson or Thibodeaux will vastly improve a defense that actually played pretty well most of this season.

2. Add 2 wide receivers to immediately start. The only criteria are that they can catch the ball and get open- both these traits are sorely missing this year.

3. Blow up the offensive line. Don't care if it's via the draft or free agency, but major changes must be made.

4. Add another receiving tight end. Mike Gesecki would be a solid addition.

If they can add the right players at receiver, offensive line and tight end the team will be on the right path.

(12-18-2021, 08:29 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I fire all staff, trade overrated Trevor get john madden as new gm, then hire John henderson as jags Defense cord,for offense i bring in bosli as the O corrdniter,and hire Mark burnaul as jags HC.
Man… somehow, from a question that didn’t have a wrong answer, you managed to find the wrong answer. Then misspelled that answer. Once again you defied all odds and nailed it wolfie. You have a gift. 

Someone may get pissed and send me a pm about this. Please save it, idc. Letting it go unchecked while patronizing this bs repeatedly is just as bad so don’t bother.

i would start with a Offensive HC who has had success, knows how to game plan and win games. Veterans come to mind for me are Pederson, Caldwell or Lewis has had long success with Bengals. if we go with Newcomer it has to be Daboll, Leftwich, Moore or Beniemy.

after that we need to start getting a GM who has success in the NFL, or has had success building a Offense around a QB not Defense.
All Coordinators needs to be background Checked, as we can't have a negative effect on the team like we did this year.

lastly we need to upgrade this positions via FA and The Draft, OLB, MLB, C, LT, WR. Resign players we have drafted that make sense, Cam Robinson, Chark, Robinson, and Josh Allen.
Figure out scheme and move players that don't fit.
Trade Players we don't need or will not need, Myles comes to mind cause he isn't a 3-4 LB. and Move on from Wingard as a starter. and Linder as a Center he is too injury prone to keep him there. Move him back to LG and Draft or Acquire a player who can stay Healthy.

i think if we can make some of these changes we can win 7 or 8 next year. and have a very postive outcome for this young team. we have foundations in place but we need to keep building and not settling.

I'm dumping our Cap on Davante Adams and whomever the two top O line free agents are. Then i'm attempting to deal out the #1 pick.. if not, taking BAP regardles of position. Our offense needs vets not rookies. Lawrence needs help.. he's not in a position to bring rookie WRs and linemen along right now. He needs confidence before he turns into Gabbert 2.0.