Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I see a problem with Leftwich as HC

(12-26-2021, 12:20 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 11:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If McDaniels doesn't want to come here for premium money, deep cap space and a generational QB, [BLEEP] him. That's his loss.

There is a generational QB in the draft?

And no, I am not saying he is a bust but there hasn't been any signs at all that he is a generational QB.

It's not difficult to see he will have generational talent with the proper coaching and team built around him. Tom Brady would have looked like garbage in his rookie year with this squad. It's easy to see if one isn't too focused on being the smartest contrarian in the room.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2021, 12:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 12:20 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: There is a generational QB in the draft?

And no, I am not saying he is a bust but there hasn't been any signs at all that he is a generational QB.

It's not difficult to see he will have generational talent with the proper coaching and team built around him. 
Can you tell me the lottery numbers next?

And no there is no such a thing as "he will", if he hasnt proved it yet no matter the talent. There's no guaranatee that he even plays on the same level as QBs like Cousins, Tannehill, even with the talent on the roster, let alone on the same level as Burrow, Herbert and guys like Rodgers and Brady....

(12-26-2021, 12:55 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 12:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's not difficult to see he will have generational talent with the proper coaching and team built around him. 
Can you tell me the lottery numbers next?

And no there is no such a thing as "he will", if he hasnt proved it yet no matter the talent. There's no guaranatee that he even plays on the same level as QBs like Cousins, Tannehill, even with the talent on the roster, let alone on the same level as Burrow, Herbert and guys like Rodgers and Brady....

Of course it's not guaranteed, nothing is, but it's obvious that the chances are far greater that Lawrence will achieve more than Cousins or Tannehill simply by the eye test and his maturity. 

But you've set the bar really high with Burrow and Herbert given how each was SB bound their rookie season.  Rolleyes

(12-26-2021, 12:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 12:20 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: There is a generational QB in the draft?

It's not difficult to see he will have generational talent with the proper coaching and team built around him. Tom Brady would have looked like garbage in his rookie year with this squad. It's easy to see if one isn't too focused on being the smartest contrarian in the room.

He will have? he either has it or he doesn't. Talent doesn't just appear out of nowhere. 

A generational talent will show signs even with mediocre talent around him. He hasn't shown any signs on the field.

Your last sentence is hilarious but ok, I mean, after all you were one of the guys defending Meyer.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

My memories of Leftwich as a QB here was him throwing errant passes and then faking an injury to take attention off of his bad throws. He has no HC experience. Are we really going to do this again?

(12-26-2021, 02:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 12:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's not difficult to see he will have generational talent with the proper coaching and team built around him. Tom Brady would have looked like garbage in his rookie year with this squad. It's easy to see if one isn't too focused on being the smartest contrarian in the room.

He will have? he either has it or he doesn't. Talent doesn't just appear out of nowhere. 

A generational talent will show signs even with mediocre talent around him. He hasn't shown any signs on the field.

Your last sentence is hilarious but ok, I mean, after all you were one of the guys defending Meyer.

Rookie talent can't perform miracles on a team completely devoid of talent. He'll shine when better people are around him. For instance, a better OC has him throwing lots of good passes today. Imagine the possibilities with even more talent around him. 

I admitted being wrong about Meyer. I'm over it but some aren't. That's okay. I look forward to your assessments next year when Lawrence really starts producing.

What is this?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good stop ?

(12-26-2021, 03:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 02:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He will have? he either has it or he doesn't. Talent doesn't just appear out of nowhere. 

Rookie talent can't perform miracles on a team completely devoid of talent. He'll shine when better people are around him. For instance, a better OC has him throwing lots of good passes today. Imagine the possibilities with even more talent around him. 

I admitted being wrong about Meyer. I'm over it but some aren't. That's okay. I look forward to your assessments next year when Lawrence really starts producing.

Start producing as a generational talent right? Because that's what you say he is. So we can expect Mahomes, Herberts numbers next season then? lol looking forward to that.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-26-2021, 03:42 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 03:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rookie talent can't perform miracles on a team completely devoid of talent. He'll shine when better people are around him. For instance, a better OC has him throwing lots of good passes today. Imagine the possibilities with even more talent around him. 

Start producing as a generational talent right? Because that's what you say he is. So we can expect Mahomes, Herberts numbers next season then? lol looking forward to that.

He's capable of it.

(12-26-2021, 04:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 03:42 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Start producing as a generational talent right? Because that's what you say he is. So we can expect Mahomes, Herberts numbers next season then? lol looking forward to that.

He's capable of it.

Lol ok