Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(03-19-2022, 07:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Damn
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1505...PDAgfBf4ZA

Nooooooooooooooooo! So the Titans go out and get better at WR by adding a proven veteran and we stay the same, only adding an average slot receiver and another guy who should be camp fodder. Baalke SUCKS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2022, 08:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 07:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Damn
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1505...PDAgfBf4ZA

Nooooooooooooooooo! So the Titans go out and get better at WR by adding a proven veteran and we stay the same, only adding an average slot receiver and another guy who should be camp fodder. Baalke SUCKS!

Kirk is much better than just a average slot WR.  Dude is one of the best slot WRs in the league

(03-19-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 08:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Nooooooooooooooooo! So the Titans go out and get better at WR by adding a proven veteran and we stay the same, only adding an average slot receiver and another guy who should be camp fodder. Baalke SUCKS!

Kirk is much better than just a average slot WR.  Dude is one of the best slot WRs in the league

No, he's not. All the Titans gave up to get Woods is a lousy 6th round pick in 2023. I hate Baalke so much!

(03-19-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 08:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Nooooooooooooooooo! So the Titans go out and get better at WR by adding a proven veteran and we stay the same, only adding an average slot receiver and another guy who should be camp fodder. Baalke SUCKS!

Unreal how quickly you’ve jumped on the Kirk train hahaha

(03-19-2022, 09:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kirk is much better than just a average slot WR.  Dude is one of the best slot WRs in the league

Less than a week ago he was saying Marvin was better than Gallup and Kirk right?

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2022, 09:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-19-2022, 09:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kirk is much better than just a average slot WR.  Dude is one of the best slot WRs in the league

I've always said he's a good slot WR, that's what he is, I'd of been happy with Juju there as well.  I don't like the idea of paying almost 20 mil for our slot WR but it is what it is now.  Did you forget that quick how I've mentioned he is a good slot WR multiple times?  Lol

(03-19-2022, 09:23 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 09:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Unreal how quickly you’ve jumped on the Kirk train hahaha

Less than a week ago he was saying Marvin was better than Gallup and Kirk right?

He is

(03-14-2022, 08:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:49 AM)Upper Wrote: So now Demetrius says he expects 16M per year for Kirk. Crazy that we, or someone else, is going to be THAT desperate.

Hopefully we don't do that.  We need to upgrade other positions in FA and attack WR in the draft
Hahahaha

Suuuuure

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2022, 09:42 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-19-2022, 09:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully we don't do that.  We need to upgrade other positions in FA and attack WR in the draft
Hahahaha

Suuuuure

But we attacked like 5 other positions on top of WR.   Who thought we would signed that many starters? So it makes it better.  I still don't like paying a slot WR almost 20 mil a year and is like my 4th or 5th favorite signing but it is what is what is is now.

(03-19-2022, 09:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 09:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahaha

Suuuuure

But we attacked like 5 other positions on top of WR.   Who thought we would signed that many starters? So it makes it better.  I still don't like paying a slot WR almost 20 mil a year and is like my 4th or 5th favorite signing but it is what is what is is now.

A lot of people. We were so bad last season at so many positions, anyone we signed was likely gonna be a starter. We only won 3 games last year for God's sake.

(03-19-2022, 10:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 09:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: But we attacked like 5 other positions on top of WR.   Who thought we would signed that many starters? So it makes it better.  I still don't like paying a slot WR almost 20 mil a year and is like my 4th or 5th favorite signing but it is what is what is is now.

A lot of people. We were so bad last season at so many positions, anyone we signed was likely gonna be a starter. We only won 3 games last year for God's sake.
Well you didnt lol.  You didn't think we were going to sign anyone remember?  You said nobody would come here

(03-19-2022, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 10:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: A lot of people. We were so bad last season at so many positions, anyone we signed was likely gonna be a starter. We only won 3 games last year for God's sake.
Well you didnt lol.  You didn't think we were going to sign anyone remember?  You said nobody would come here

Of course I thought we were gonna sign guys. I said no tier 1 talent was gonna come here and I admitted I was wrong when we signed Brandon Scherff and Darious Williams. We mainly did sign tier 2 and 3 talent though. Foye Oluokun is a rising NFL player, but he was still tier 2. I believe he will someday be considered a tier 1 guy, hopefully very soon. Folorunso Futukasi was tier 2, Christian Kirk was tier 2, Evan Engram used to be tier 1, but injuries caused him to take a 1 year prove it deal, so he is a tier 2 guy and Zay Jones is a tier 3 guy. All together we did fare better than I thought we would. I never thought we could've landed Scherff and Williams. I was wrong on that one. 

Like I said, no matter the talent level we would've signed, those players would've probably automatically become starters no matter who they were. We only won 3 games last season, so anyone we signed could've been an upgrade, even slightly. This team lacked talent all across the board.

You do realise it’s very conceivable that these top wrs tell there teams not to trade them to Jacksonville , if there contracts staying the same it’s obvious they’re going to wanna play for a contender the rams may simply be granting his wishes. I dislike baalke as much as the next guy but saying he sucks for not securing woods is a bit of a stretch.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 12:55 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2022, 12:18 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: You do realise it’s very conceivable that these top wrs tell there teams not to trade them to Jacksonville , if there contracts staying the same it’s obvious they’re going to wanna play for a contender the rams may simply be granting his wishes. I dislike baalke as much as the next guy but saying he sucks for not securing woods is a bit of a stretch.

Baalke has failed to trade for Amari Cooper, he fails to trade for Robert Woods, he so far has not traded for either of the Seattle receivers who the Seahawks have said they will listen to offers for and he lets D.J. Chark walk, in favor of drastically overpaying an average slot receiver (Christian Kirk) and a guy who would probably be camp fodder on most teams, (Zay Jones.) As of now, I am not convinced we've upgraded the receiving unit at all. It seems as though it's all gonna depend on who we draft. We lack an X receiver who can stretch the field and a possession WR who can consistently move the chains.

(03-20-2022, 12:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:18 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: You do realise it’s very conceivable that these top wrs tell there teams not to trade them to Jacksonville , if there contracts staying the same it’s obvious they’re going to wanna play for a contender the rams may simply be granting his wishes. I dislike baalke as much as the next guy but saying he sucks for not securing woods is a bit of a stretch.

Baalke has failed to trade for Amari Cooper, he fails to trade for Robert Woods, he so far has not traded for either of the Seattle receivers who the Seahawks have said they will listen to offers for and he lets D.J. Chark walk, in favor of drastically overpaying an average slot receiver (Christian Kirk) and a guy who would probably be camp fodder on most teams, (Zay Jones.) As of now, I am not convinced we've upgraded the receiving unit at all. It seems as though it's all gonna depend on who we draft. We lack an X receiver who can stretch the field and a possession WR who can consistently move the chains.

Like I said what makes you think any of these players want to be traded to the jags. Maybe players want to see us turn a corner before coming to us for the same money they can get anywhere else in the league.

(03-20-2022, 02:49 AM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Baalke has failed to trade for Amari Cooper, he fails to trade for Robert Woods, he so far has not traded for either of the Seattle receivers who the Seahawks have said they will listen to offers for and he lets D.J. Chark walk, in favor of drastically overpaying an average slot receiver (Christian Kirk) and a guy who would probably be camp fodder on most teams, (Zay Jones.) As of now, I am not convinced we've upgraded the receiving unit at all. It seems as though it's all gonna depend on who we draft. We lack an X receiver who can stretch the field and a possession WR who can consistently move the chains.

Like I said what makes you think any of these players want to be traded to the jags. Maybe players want to see us turn a corner before coming to us for the same money they can get anywhere else in the league.

A. Players don't have a say where they go, unless they have a no-trade clause and that is a rare thing nowadays. No one we have discussed as potential WR targets had/has a no-trade clause. 

B. If players don't wanna come here then why in the hell did we retain Baalke? Isn't that what we thought would happen? One way or the other, not getting any quality WR's via free agency or trade all falls squarely on the front office.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 08:28 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-19-2022, 11:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Well you didnt lol.  You didn't think we were going to sign anyone remember?  You said nobody would come here

Of course I thought we were gonna sign guys. I said no tier 1 talent was gonna come here and I admitted I was wrong when we signed Brandon Scherff and Darious Williams. We mainly did sign tier 2 and 3 talent though. Foye Oluokun is a rising NFL player, but he was still tier 2. I believe he will someday be considered a tier 1 guy, hopefully very soon. Folorunso Futukasi was tier 2, Christian Kirk was tier 2, Evan Engram used to be tier 1, but injuries caused him to take a 1 year prove it deal, so he is a tier 2 guy and Zay Jones is a tier 3 guy. All together we did fare better than I thought we would. I never thought we could've landed Scherff and Williams. I was wrong on that one. 

Like I said, no matter the talent level we would've signed, those players would've probably automatically become starters no matter who they were. We only won 3 games last season, so anyone we signed could've been an upgrade, even slightly. This team lacked talent all across the board.
You just said alot did yet you didnt and i dont think most thought we would come out of FA with that many starters.  Most thought Kirk was the 2nd best WR behind Allen Robinson yet you cried about ARob because you didn't want him.  We had the best FA class across the league.  I don't see how you can cry about this FA class when we had one of the best in history along with the 2017 class.  6 starters

(03-20-2022, 06:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 02:49 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: Like I said what makes you think any of these players want to be traded to the jags. Maybe players want to see us turn a corner before coming to us for the same money they can get anywhere else in the league.

A. Players don't have a say where they go, unless they have a no-trade clause and that is a rare thing nowadays. No one we have discussed as potential WR targets had/has a no-trade clause. 

B. If players don't wanna come here then why in the hell did we retain Baalke? Isn't that what we thought would happen? One way or the other, not getting any quality WR's via free agency or trade all falls squarely on the front office.
Players do have a say were they go.  Nobody is going to trade for a player that don't want to play for them.  Remember Yawn and Ramsey?  Neither had a no trade clause but they didn't want to play here anymore so we had to get rid of them.  It would be idiotic to keep someone pr trade that don't want to play for your team.  I don't want anyone that do t want to be here. Who is the tier 1 NT and LB that we should of brought I?

Quite frankly, I don't see anything all that impressive about Woods. He's a good receiver but nothing to get your panties twisted over. But hey, everybody's entitled to their over-the-top opinion.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 08:50 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Kirk is a tier 1 slot WR

(03-20-2022, 08:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Quite frankly, I don't see anything all that impressive about Woods.  He's a good receiver but nothing to get your panties twisted over.  But hey, everybody's entitled to their over-the-top opinion.

Agreed, Woods is good but was just an average WR his first 5 years in the league.  Kirk's year last year was better than any of Woods first 5.  Not to mention the bad injury he just had

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 08:53 AM by Craigukjag. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-20-2022, 06:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 02:49 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: Like I said what makes you think any of these players want to be traded to the jags. Maybe players want to see us turn a corner before coming to us for the same money they can get anywhere else in the league.

While a player may not have a say if he’s traded or not lots of teams respect players wishes of where they would prefer to play. See Adams and the raiders. 

Also there are plenty other reasons why woods may prefer titans to the jags, that don’t include baalke one was the number 1 seed last season the other has picked first overall 2 seasons in a row. 

And as others have said maybe they reached out to woods and he said he wasn’t interested. It would be foolish of baalke to force a trade for a player who has no desire to come here.

Once again I wanna reiterate I am not a fan of baalke but we simply can’t blame him for every small thing that crosses our mind as fans it’s not madden there’s real emotions and real people to deal with

(03-20-2022, 08:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kirk is a tier 1 slot WR

No, Kirk is definitely not in the same tier as Kupp, Tyreek, Godwin, Keenan Allen.