Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor says no to move to guard.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 11:48 AM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

He got asked today in the media availability for the Jaguars if he would move to guard. He said no, and he appeared to be insulted by it. Welp. I guess there goes that idea.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A simple reply here would have sufficed:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=36061

(01-10-2022, 11:47 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He got asked today in the media availability for the Jaguars if he would move to guard. He said no, and he appeared to be insulted by it. Welp. I guess there goes that idea.

We don't need a guy like that on this team that won't be willing to do what's best for this team.

Another Florida bust!

Keep em comin!

(01-10-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 11:47 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He got asked today in the media availability for the Jaguars if he would move to guard. He said no, and he appeared to be insulted by it. Welp. I guess there goes that idea.

We don't need a guy like that on this team that won't be willing to do what's best for this team.

It's also what's best for his career because he sucks at tackle.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-10-2022, 12:02 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We don't need a guy like that on this team that won't be willing to do what's best for this team.

It's also what's best for his career because he sucks at tackle.

Agreed, if he was a good tackle I could see an argument because tackles make more than guards.  But if you suck as a tackle, moving to guard might actually help the team and he could get an extension if he can make the move successfully.  The team wouldn't ask him to move to guard if he was a good RT.

Looks like he is headed to being out of the league quickly at this rate. Maybe he can hang on as a backup next year.

(01-10-2022, 12:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 12:02 PM)Protozoa Wrote: It's also what's best for his career because he sucks at tackle.

Agreed, if he was a good tackle I could see an argument because tackles make more than guards.  But if you suck as a tackle, moving to guard might actually help the team and he could get an extension if he can make the move successfully.  The team wouldn't ask him to move to guard if he was a good RT.

If you watch the question and answer, he comes across as he thinks hes doing well at tackle. No self awareness smh

Jawaan Taylor will probably be out of the NFL in the next couple of years if he doesn't change his approach.

(01-10-2022, 01:52 PM)Jag88 Wrote: If you watch the question and answer, he comes across as he thinks hes doing well at tackle. No self awareness smh

He probably listened to what Meyer and Warhop were saying before the season started.

(01-10-2022, 01:13 PM)Newton Wrote: Looks like he is headed to being out of the league quickly at this rate. Maybe he can hang on as a backup next year.

He would be fortunate to even be a backup, if he's unwilling to play Guard. Backup Offensive Lineman much more often than not provide versatility.  Game Day roster limitations make this necessary.

Maybe they should have asked if he is ok with a move to [insert NFL city here].

We have plenty of room to absorb his dead money hit and his film is gonna do him no favors in finding RT work anywhere else. He might just not have to move after all.

(01-10-2022, 02:01 PM)D6 Wrote:

Jawaan Taylor will probably be out of the NFL in the next couple of years if he doesn't change his approach.

Agreed completely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-10-2022, 03:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 02:01 PM)D6 Wrote: Jawaan Taylor will probably be out of the NFL in the next couple of years if he doesn't change his approach.

Agreed completely.

I would bet he will make the move on his next team. His approach will probably change somewhere else. We seem to be the NFL city of misfit players.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Trade him for a 6th or 7th. He's really not a good player. Never liked him coming into the draft.

I get on the phone asap and start seeing if we can deal him somewhere. If we can't, cut him.

He will play guard or be out of the league

the new coach should laugh at him and say are you under contract? Yes, then move 2 ft to the left. If you want to pay the Jags to sit on the bench go ahead and get fined as your contract doesn't specify you only play 1 position.

He was seen as a steal when drafted in round 2. Surprising he's been a below average starter. Chalk it up to another bad luck pick - good value apparently, but still blows up in the team's face. Let's hope the tide turns soon.

What a bum
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.