Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What good Mock Draft simulators are out there?

(01-15-2022, 07:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 06:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Lawrence is right handed, so we don't need to reach for a RT. You can find good RT's in the later rounds.
It wouldn't be a reach if he can be a great RT and it would be very nice and beneficial to give Lawrence another bookend to pair with Little

(01-15-2022, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Need good tackles, yeah. Don't need elite tackles though. We can till RT with something good enough without having to use the #1 pick on it.

No but it would be great for Lawrence if we had a couple of elite tackles

I'd rather have a couple of elite pass rushers.There will be many other options to add an adequate RT through FA, later in the draft, or tagging Cam. There won't be another option to add an elite pass rusher.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2022, 09:32 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 07:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It wouldn't be a reach if he can be a great RT and it would be very nice and beneficial to give Lawrence another bookend to pair with Little

I'd rather have a couple of elite pass rushers.There will be many other options to add an adequate RT through FA, later in the draft, or tagging Cam. There won't be another option to add an elite pass rusher.
I don't know, I d rather get the player that can help Trevor if they feel Neal can be an elite tackle.   They need to take whoever they feel will be the best player though regardless, I'd be good with Hutch or Thibs as well.  I have t made up my mind yet how I would rank those 3

If I has my choice I like the idea of signing Cam to an extension and playing him at RT. Would he be willing to do that ?

Cam finally had his first not horrible season, but it was still a little below average. He hasn't earned a big, long term deal. Just franchise him again it would be way more than he's worth but just for one season and we won't be able to spend to the cap anyway.

(01-15-2022, 10:19 PM)Upper Wrote: Cam finally had his first not horrible season, but it was still a little below average. He hasn't earned a big, long term deal. Just franchise him again it would be way more than he's worth but just for one season and we won't be able to spend to the cap anyway.

I mean there always has to be a limit on what to give a player.  I'm not sure what type of contract he will be looking for.  If we don't tag Chark I'd be good with that only if he would be willing to pay RT so we can see how he does there

Tagging Chark would be insane.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 02:17 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-15-2022, 07:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 06:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Lawrence is right handed, so we don't need to reach for a RT. You can find good RT's in the later rounds.
It wouldn't be a reach if he can be a great RT and it would be very nice and beneficial to give Lawrence another bookend to pair with Little

(01-15-2022, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Need good tackles, yeah. Don't need elite tackles though. We can till RT with something good enough without having to use the #1 pick on it.

It would be, because you can find good RT's later in the draft. We have the #1 pick. Evan Neal isn't even the 2nd best player in the draft. You take the BAP. Period.

(01-15-2022, 10:19 PM)Upper Wrote: Cam finally had his first not horrible season, but it was still a little below average. He hasn't earned a big, long term deal. Just franchise him again it would be way more than he's worth but just for one season and we won't be able to spend to the cap anyway.

Exactly.

(01-15-2022, 10:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I mean there always has to be a limit on what to give a player.  I'm not sure what type of contract he will be looking for.  If we don't tag Chark I'd be good with that only if he would be willing to pay RT so we can see how he does there

I wanna re-sign Chark, but I'm certainly not tagging him.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 09:09 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-15-2022, 11:01 PM)Upper Wrote: Tagging Chark would be insane.

I disagree, if they can't agree on an extension I'd look at using the tag to buy some more time and look at how he does next year. So you think Cam is a better player than Chark? If we decide we aren't going to tag Cam and don't agree on an extension with Chark yes I'd tag Chark

(01-16-2022, 09:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I disagree, if they can't agree on an extension I'd look at using the tag to buy some more time and look at how he does next year.  So you think Cam is a better player than Chark?  If we decide we aren't going to tag Cam and don't agree on an extension with Chark yes I'd tag Chark
Do you realize how much money that one year for Chark would be? And Chark isn’t even that great. He’s a good player but he’s not worth 23 million for one season that he MIGHT be great.

I’m not tagging Chark or Cam but if given the choice (which they don’t have to do at all) I guess I would choose Cam.

I would resign Chark for like 7 million on a 1 year prove it deal.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 09:43 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-16-2022, 09:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 09:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree, if they can't agree on an extension I'd look at using the tag to buy some more time and look at how he does next year.  So you think Cam is a better player than Chark?  If we decide we aren't going to tag Cam and don't agree on an extension with Chark yes I'd tag Chark
Do you realize how much money that one year for Chark would be? And Chark isn’t even that great. He’s a good player but he’s not worth 23 million for one season that he MIGHT be great.

I’m not tagging Chark or Cam but if given the choice (which they don’t have to do at all) I guess I would choose Cam.

No I didn't realize that.  23 mil is the average of the top 5 WRs?  The only way I would might do it is if they know he will be 100%.  I'd argue that Chark is better at his position than Cam is at his if both are healthy.  Chark made the Pro Bowl with a rookie Minshew at QB who you dontveven think is good.  We seen what our WR corps looked like when he went down.  I don't see Chark taking a 7 mil 1 year prove it deal lol

(01-16-2022, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 09:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Do you realize how much money that one year for Chark would be? And Chark isn’t even that great. He’s a good player but he’s not worth 23 million for one season that he MIGHT be great.

No I didn't realize that.  23 mil is the average of the top 5 WRs?  The only way I would might do it is if they know he will be 100%.  I'd argue that Chark is better at his position than Cam is at his if both are healthy.  Chark made the Pro Bowl with a rookie Minshew at QB who you dontveven think is good.  We seen what our WR corps looked like when he went down.  I don't see Chark taking a 7 mil 1 year prove it deal lol
Will Fuller (who is better than Chark) took a 1 year 10 mill deal with Miami.

Chark is coming off a really bad 2020 season and an injury in 2021. His market is not going to be robust which is why he needs to have a great 2022 in order to get a longer contract. His best shot is to sign a deal in Jacksonville for 1 year and then hope he plays really well.

(01-16-2022, 09:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No I didn't realize that.  23 mil is the average of the top 5 WRs?  The only way I would might do it is if they know he will be 100%.  I'd argue that Chark is better at his position than Cam is at his if both are healthy.  Chark made the Pro Bowl with a rookie Minshew at QB who you dontveven think is good.  We seen what our WR corps looked like when he went down.  I don't see Chark taking a 7 mil 1 year prove it deal lol
Will Fuller (who is better than Chark) took a 1 year 10 mill deal with Miami.

Chark is coming off a really bad 2020 season and an injury in 2021. His market is not going to be robust which is why he needs to have a great 2022 in order to get a longer contract. His best shot is to sign a deal in Jacksonville for 1 year and then hope he plays really well.

Fuller isn't better than Chark plus he gets either hurt or suspended ever year.  Fuller has only cracked 680 yards once in his career.  Did you see who Charks QBs was in that 2020 season and he still had over 700 yards?  Of course I would try to sign Chark on a 1 year team friendly deal but I don't see him taking it just like Cam wouldn't last year

I think Chark will be looking for a contract similar to Cortland Sutton contract

(01-16-2022, 09:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I disagree, if they can't agree on an extension I'd look at using the tag to buy some more time and look at how he does next year.  So you think Cam is a better player than Chark?  If we decide we aren't going to tag Cam and don't agree on an extension with Chark yes I'd tag Chark

It's not about who is the better player. It's about the position and how likely it is to fill it with a player of equal or better value. This is a very poor OT class in the draft. One of the worst of the last few years and the odds of us signing Terron Armstead or someone better than Cam Robinson in free agency are slim to none. We're gonna be lucky if anyone wants to come to Jacksonville after this disaster of a season. This puts us in a situation where tagging Robinson would be a wise move. Cam has improved enough where he is no longer a huge liability. Now he is a serviceable LT and we're not gonna get stars at every position. He only gave up 1 sack on the year. He's definitely not the long term answer at LT, but we are very unlikely to find someone in the offseason better than him. Tagging him allows us to keep him and Little at the two starting OT positions, thus moving out Jawaan Taylor, who was a huge liability. That in itself, is a huge upgrade. From there, we can concentrate on upgrading the offensive interior and we can look for a swing Tackle later in the draft that we could possibly groom to be an eventual starter. By doing this, a rookie won't be forced into a position where they are starting before they are ready. It also allows us to have time to wait until 2023, when the next OT class could be a lot better. 

I wanna still re-sign Chark if we can, but using the tag on him would be dumb. This is a pretty deep WR class and we need to use multiple picks on the position. Chark was our best receiver before being injured, but he is by no means elite and we should have no problem finding several WR upgrades in the offseason. I can't say the same about the OT position if we let Robinson walk.

(01-16-2022, 10:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Chark will be looking for a contract similar to Cortland Sutton contract
There is no chance he gets anywhere close to that.

You are waaaaay overvaluing Chark. He had one good season. 

I like Chark on this team but not for 20+ million and I highly doubt any team will give him a long term deal.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 11:01 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-16-2022, 10:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 10:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Chark will be looking for a contract similar to Cortland Sutton contract
There is no chance he gets anywhere close to that.

I like Chark on this team but not for 20+ million and I highly doubt any team will give him a long term deal.
Sutton got 15 mil not 20.  Sutton only had 1 really good season as well

(01-16-2022, 10:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 09:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree, if they can't agree on an extension I'd look at using the tag to buy some more time and look at how he does next year.  So you think Cam is a better player than Chark?  If we decide we aren't going to tag Cam and don't agree on an extension with Chark yes I'd tag Chark

It's not about who is the better player. It's about the position and how likely it is to fill it with a player of equal or better value. This is a very poor OT class in the draft. One of the worst of the last few years and the odds of us signing Terron Armstead or someone better than Cam Robinson in free agency are slim to none. We're gonna be lucky if anyone wants to come to Jacksonville after this disaster of a season. This puts us in a situation where tagging Robinson would be a wise move. Cam has improved enough where he is no longer a huge liability. Now he is a serviceable LT and we're not gonna get stars at every position. He only gave up 1 sack on the year. He's definitely not the long term answer at LT, but we are very unlikely to find someone in the offseason better than him. Tagging him allows us to keep him and Little at the two starting OT positions, thus moving out Jawaan Taylor, who was a huge liability. That in itself, is a huge upgrade. From there, we can concentrate on upgrading the offensive interior and we can look for a swing Tackle later in the draft that we could possibly groom to be an eventual starter. By doing this, a rookie won't be forced into a position where they are starting before they are ready. It also allows us to have time to wait until 2023, when the next OT class could be a lot better. 

I wanna still re-sign Chark if we can, but using the tag on him would be dumb. This is a pretty deep WR class and we need to use multiple picks on the position. Chark was our best receiver before being injured, but he is by no means elite and we should have no problem finding several WR upgrades in the offseason. I can't say the same about the OT position if we let Robinson walk.

Cam ain't playing LT next year and nobody even knows if Cam will be willing to play RT.  Little will be our LT and if they really like Neal and don't want to pay Cam that much, Neal will be  our new RT.  I don't think I seen where anyone said Chak is elite lol

(01-16-2022, 10:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 10:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: There is no chance he gets anywhere close to that.

Sutton got 15 mil not 20.  Sutton only had 1 really good season as well
I was referring to the franchise tag.

Guess we will find out but I don’t think Chark is going to get a lot of money this off season from the Jags or anyone else.

(01-16-2022, 10:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 10:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sutton got 15 mil not 20.  Sutton only had 1 really good season as well
I was referring to the franchise tag.

Guess we will find out but I don’t think Chark is going to get a lot of money this off season from the Jags or anyone else.
I hope we can get him for a lot less.  I'd honestly like a 2 year 25 mil.  With say 20 mil guaranteed over a 1 year 20 mil.

(01-16-2022, 11:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 10:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I was referring to the franchise tag.

I hope we can get him for a lot less.  I'd honestly like a 2 year 25 mil.  With say 20 mil guaranteed over a 1 year 20 mil.
Per Spotrac, the projected 2022 WR franchise tag is $18.5m.  Most sources have Chark as a top 10 WR free agent, but not a top 5.  He's coming off two disappointing seasons.  I would imagine the high mark for Chark would be Sutton's $15m per year deal.  And, I would imagine his minimum mark deal would be Will Fuller's one year guaranteed $10.6m deal with another $3m worth of incentives.  

My question is does Chark want to play in Jacksonville with Trevor?  Do you need to pay him a premium or tag him to stay?

I can't imagine Chark commands a big deal. He's been in the league for 4 years now and has only had one good season.