Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson reportedly gets 2nd interview with Jaguars.

(02-02-2022, 11:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:08 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: He could start by asking Mark Davis what size bowl he uses for those haircuts.

I wouldn't be making fun of him. One day you might be asking him for a job, Darrell.
He needs a serious makeover.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-02-2022, 10:46 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Exactly. Don't you realize he put his team at risk by being so blatant about it? It was a black eye for the NFL. The Eagles could've and should've been punished by taking away a draft pick. You simply cannot pull stunts like that when Roger Goodell has punished teams for doing much, much less. You cannot put your own desires over the team. If you're gonna do something shady, you better be able to cover your tracks and if it comes back on the team, be prepared to be fired. 

It's not that I like cheats, I don't. Cheating of some kind happens in every single game though. Whether it's flopping on the ground and acting like you were pushed in order to draw a flag, poking someone in the eye or biting them at the bottom of a pile, or even committing a penalty that doesn't draw a flag. It's all cheating. That's a reality. What Pederson did should've never been done to begin with. I'm not condoning it, but by being so blatant about it, he made the entire team a target from the commissioners office. That is an unforgivable sin as far as I'm concerned.

Playing devil's advocate since I don't like Pederson AT ALL as our Head Coach, maybe he was just doing as he was told?... I'm all on board for the BOLD NEW CITY OF THE SOUTH to have Leftwich/Wilson as Coach/GM - and no my decision has nothing to do with race as I think any mention of race is in itself inherently racist - HOWEVER - in today's climate you cannot deny it's an impressive look - Leftwich knows football and loves it, Wilson is a great evaluator of talent... that's who should be the new HEAD of our Football team. Based on merits with race not even considered.

Reading the history between he and the FO/ownership, there was a lot of friction and I took it as a passive-aggressive act on his way out the door. He gave a long-time friend (Sudfeld) an unmerited start in a game that had playoff implications for several NFC teams, and put himself at odds with his own players on the sidelines. It was a sixty-minute double bird aimed at Howie Roseman and Jeff Lurie.

If he and Baalke clash, you now have precedent to say that it could happen again. That's the problem. Not to say he can't get beyond his past to land a job, but he's now going to be burdened with proving that he won't resort to pettiness when he doesn't get his way or is directed to act contrary to his own preference. I'd rather he resigned if he was that at odds with management at the end of his time in Philly. It would have been a better look, and might have had more people in his corner when the next round of interviews included his name.

(02-02-2022, 11:13 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wouldn't be making fun of him. One day you might be asking him for a job, Darrell.
He needs a serious makeover.

I guess you won't be coaching in Las Vegas if he ever hears you say that.

(02-02-2022, 11:17 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:46 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Playing devil's advocate since I don't like Pederson AT ALL as our Head Coach, maybe he was just doing as he was told?... I'm all on board for the BOLD NEW CITY OF THE SOUTH to have Leftwich/Wilson as Coach/GM - and no my decision has nothing to do with race as I think any mention of race is in itself inherently racist - HOWEVER - in today's climate you cannot deny it's an impressive look - Leftwich knows football and loves it, Wilson is a great evaluator of talent... that's who should be the new HEAD of our Football team. Based on merits with race not even considered.

Reading the history between he and the FO/ownership, there was a lot of friction and I took it as a passive-aggressive act on his way out the door. He gave a long-time friend (Sudfeld) an unmerited start in a game that had playoff implications for several NFC teams, and put himself at odds with his own players on the sidelines. It was a sixty-minute double bird aimed at Howie Roseman and Jeff Lurie.

If he and Baalke clash, you now have precedent to say that it could happen again. That's the problem. Not to say he can't get beyond his past to land a job, but he's now going to be burdened with proving that he won't resort to pettiness when he doesn't get his way or is directed to act contrary to his own preference. I'd rather he resigned if he was that at odds with management at the end of his time in Philly. It would have been a better look, and might have had more people in his corner when the next round of interviews included his name.

It was the Eagles vs Redskins week 17 game.  If the Eagles win, the Giants go to the playoffs.  If the Eagles lose then the Redskins go the the playoffs.  Pederson started Jalen Hurts (rookie) but sat him out in the 2nd half in favor of Sudfield.  Eagles lose 20-17 and the Skins go the playoffs.  Eagles improve their draft position to #6 then trade down with Miami and get the #11 pick, 4th round pick, and Miami's 1st round pick in 2022.

(02-02-2022, 11:27 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:17 AM)Mikey Wrote: Reading the history between he and the FO/ownership, there was a lot of friction and I took it as a passive-aggressive act on his way out the door. He gave a long-time friend (Sudfeld) an unmerited start in a game that had playoff implications for several NFC teams, and put himself at odds with his own players on the sidelines. It was a sixty-minute double bird aimed at Howie Roseman and Jeff Lurie.

It was the Eagles vs Redskins week 17 game.  If the Eagles win, the Giants go to the playoffs.  If the Eagles lose then the Redskins go the the playoffs.  Pederson started Jalen Hurts (rookie) but sat him out in the 2nd half in favor of Sudfield.  Eagles lose 20-17 and the Skins go the playoffs.  Eagles improve their draft position to #6 then trade down with Miami and get the #11 pick, 4th round pick, and Miami's 1st round pick in 2022.

Well summarized. Makes it pretty clear (to me) that this was draft strategy at work and probably had little or nothing to do with 'pettiness'.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-02-2022, 11:32 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:27 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It was the Eagles vs Redskins week 17 game.  If the Eagles win, the Giants go to the playoffs.  If the Eagles lose then the Redskins go the the playoffs.  Pederson started Jalen Hurts (rookie) but sat him out in the 2nd half in favor of Sudfield.  Eagles lose 20-17 and the Skins go the playoffs.  Eagles improve their draft position to #6 then trade down with Miami and get the #11 pick, 4th round pick, and Miami's 1st round pick in 2022.

Well summarized.  Makes it pretty clear (to me) that this was draft strategy at work and probably had little or nothing to do with 'pettiness'.

The fallout came the next day when the Giants were super pissed about Pederson not sticking with Jalen Hurts in attempt to win the game.  The Eagles owner and GM pretty much had to condemn the strategy to save face with the NFL and especially with the Giants owner and front office.

(02-02-2022, 11:32 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:27 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It was the Eagles vs Redskins week 17 game.  If the Eagles win, the Giants go to the playoffs.  If the Eagles lose then the Redskins go the the playoffs.  Pederson started Jalen Hurts (rookie) but sat him out in the 2nd half in favor of Sudfield.  Eagles lose 20-17 and the Skins go the playoffs.  Eagles improve their draft position to #6 then trade down with Miami and get the #11 pick, 4th round pick, and Miami's 1st round pick in 2022.

Well summarized.  Makes it pretty clear (to me) that this was draft strategy at work and probably had little or nothing to do with 'pettiness'.

Tell me you haven't heard this refrain recently....

Quote:According to multiple sources, the answer is that Roseman has made himself “essential” to Lurie. “This is a survivor,” said one source about Roseman. “This is someone who understands how to stay close with the most important person in the building.”

linky

All of the maneuvering with the pick can be attributed to the GM once the cards were dealt. Are you suggesting that Roseman ordered him to lose so that they could improve their positioning?

(02-02-2022, 11:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:32 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Well summarized.  Makes it pretty clear (to me) that this was draft strategy at work and probably had little or nothing to do with 'pettiness'.

The fallout came the next day when the Giants were super pissed about Pederson not sticking with Jalen Hurts in attempt to win the game.  The Eagles owner and GM pretty much had to condemn the strategy to save face with the NFL and especially with the Giants owner and front office.

Yeah the whole thing reads like sour grapes from the Giants' side.
Jalen Hurts had not exactly set the world on fire at that point.  It was worthwhile to see what Sudfeld could do against real competition.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 01:09 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-02-2022, 12:21 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:32 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Well summarized.  Makes it pretty clear (to me) that this was draft strategy at work and probably had little or nothing to do with 'pettiness'.

Tell me you haven't heard this refrain recently....

Quote:According to multiple sources, the answer is that Roseman has made himself “essential” to Lurie. “This is a survivor,” said one source about Roseman. “This is someone who understands how to stay close with the most important person in the building.”

linky

All of the maneuvering with the pick can be attributed to the GM once the cards were dealt. Are you suggesting that Roseman ordered him to lose so that they could improve their positioning?

I think it would be naive to assume that an owner wouldnt imply to a coach/GM that we need to improve a draft pick and whatever can be done within limits to further that effort, fine. Most owners are wide awake and paying attention. Unlike ours, it seems.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption