Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack to be released?

(03-15-2022, 10:22 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 09:08 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Where is he going? I can’t find it anywhere.

Dallas, which runs a 4-3

As to Wagner, he played all those years as a 4-3 MLB. I don't care what version of 3-4 he played in college, that was eons ago and nowhere near as complex as today's NFL schemes. IF they sign him I hope he proves me wrong but not a fan of it at this point. Rather see them get a proven nickel in FA and go with combo of Moses/Russel/Quarterman as the other ILB

Where do you see that? I'm still not finding it anywhere.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2022, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:22 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Dallas, which runs a 4-3

As to Wagner, he played all those years as a 4-3 MLB. I don't care what version of 3-4 he played in college, that was eons ago and nowhere near as complex as today's NFL schemes. IF they sign him I hope he proves me wrong but not a fan of it at this point. Rather see them get a proven nickel in FA and go with combo of Moses/Russel/Quarterman as the other ILB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/na...as-cowboys

(03-15-2022, 11:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Where do you see that? I'm still not finding it anywhere.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/na...as-cowboys

There's nothing on there about Jack. It's just the Cowboys depth chart.

the way the jags just did him,it wouldn't surpise me if he goes to the tittians.  i hope he goes anywere else,but there.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-16-2022, 08:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://twitter.com/islesbills/status/15...46/photo/1

I don't like that headline...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2022, 09:30 AM by Mikey.)

(03-15-2022, 02:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 11:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: this.

I think it's healthy to have a veteran leader among the youth that makes up the bulk of our roster. Jack was not one to demonstrate any kind of leadership presence during his time here, so it may be a win-win by moving on in favor of a different elder statesman.

We already got the NFL's leading tackler to lead the linebacking group. He can lead by example. Wagner is on the decline. Maybe hire him as assistant linebackers coach.

He's 27, and doesn't have nearly the experience that someone like Wagner would have.

A singular stat isn't going to tell you much about their leadership, it might say more about an impotent offense or a porous front four. I think with a young team you need that old guy like Calais a few years back who can keep them all grounded once the adrenaline and emotion starts to overflow.

(03-15-2022, 03:05 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 02:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief.  Give it a rest.  We get it already.

I've seen lots of people saying we need to spend a lot of money to get Wagner or a lot of draft capital to get Muma or whoever else since Jack was cut. Clearly people do not get it already.

I must have missed the appeals to break the bank for him.

(03-15-2022, 06:31 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 06:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I just have to,i can't resists. Now myles jack is down.  Down on no job.  Wink Laughing

He has already found a new home.

...so you're saying he was never down in the first place?

(03-16-2022, 08:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://twitter.com/islesbills/status/15...46/photo/1

That's hilarious!

When he was entering the draft, there was a lot of talk about Jack having a degenerative knee issue that would shorten his career. That issue pushed him down into the 2nd round. Last year, he had a knee issue that kept him out of a lot of practices. I wonder if it was the same knee, and if so, if the Jags saw the handwriting on the wall, that that knee problem is only going to get worse.

(03-16-2022, 12:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: When he was entering the draft, there was a lot of talk about Jack having a degenerative knee issue that would shorten his career.  That issue pushed him down into the 2nd round.  Last year, he had a knee issue that kept him out of a lot of practices.  I wonder if it was the same knee, and if so, if the Jags saw the handwriting on the wall, that that knee problem is only going to get worse.

I heard Sexton opine on Drive Time that cutting Jack and signing Oluokon might indicate a switch back to a base 43.  Oesher agreed.  I'm not sure that registers.  But I think they upgraded MLB/ILB either way.  Love Jack.  But he peaked.  And if that knee is becoming more of an issue, I think they made the logical move.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Jack was not even mediocre last year. Myles jack was terrible!

The team asked him to adjust his contract because he was not worth it. He said no, so the team did whats best for them. IF the team sticks with the 3-4 base, Jack had to go. Jack is athletic but has bad instincts.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-16-2022, 06:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-16-2022, 12:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: When he was entering the draft, there was a lot of talk about Jack having a degenerative knee issue that would shorten his career.  That issue pushed him down into the 2nd round.  Last year, he had a knee issue that kept him out of a lot of practices.  I wonder if it was the same knee, and if so, if the Jags saw the handwriting on the wall, that that knee problem is only going to get worse.

I heard Sexton opine on Drive Time that cutting Jack and signing Oluokon might indicate a switch back to a base 43.  Oesher agreed.  I'm not sure that registers.  But I think they upgraded MLB/ILB either way.  Love Jack.  But he peaked.  And if that knee is becoming more of an issue, I think they made the logical move.

I just don't see why we would hire an ILB Coach and an OLB Coach if we were switching back to a 4-3 defense. 4-3 teams just have a single LB Coach.

Myles to the steelers. Good luck to him.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2022, 06:27 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-16-2022, 06:24 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...1947567104

Why on Earth would a 3-4 team want him? Have they not been paying attention?

(03-16-2022, 06:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2022, 06:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I heard Sexton opine on Drive Time that cutting Jack and signing Oluokon might indicate a switch back to a base 43.  Oesher agreed.  I'm not sure that registers.  But I think they upgraded MLB/ILB either way.  Love Jack.  But he peaked.  And if that knee is becoming more of an issue, I think they made the logical move.

I just don't see why we would hire an ILB Coach and an OLB Coach if we were switching back to a 4-3 defense. 4-3 teams just have a single LB Coach.

Yeah.  That opinion defied logic to me as well.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We're going to be more of a hybrid defense than last year, but it's still going to be 3-4 more often than 4-3. Cutting Jack has nothing to do with it he sucked either way.

(03-16-2022, 06:24 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...1947567104

lol he'll be a FA next year then, if not sooner.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-15-2022, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:22 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Dallas, which runs a 4-3

saw it on twitter but did not verify. now looks like the steelers as shown above