Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Have we been too harsh on Baalke?

(11-26-2022, 04:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 03:52 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Sure, but that brings back the question why Josh Allen isn't producing. 

Besides, my point about Walker isn't so much that Hutchinson's been great. It's more that Walker, apart from a few stupid penalties, for the most part has been invisible.

Then why did you compare him to Hutchinson if that isn’t your point?

He's the obvious comparison. Who else should you compare Walker to except the guy taken #2? The point is that Walker isn't behind because Hutchinson is so good. He's behind because he hasn't been so good. 

Like it or not but Walker will be compared to Hutchinson and Thibodeaux and probably other pass rushers until the end of his career.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-26-2022, 05:06 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 04:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Then why did you compare him to Hutchinson if that isn’t your point?

He's the obvious comparison. Who else should you compare Walker to except the guy taken #2? The point is that Walker isn't behind because Hutchinson is so good. He's behind because he hasn't been so good. 

Like it or not but Walker will be compared to Hutchinson and Thibodeaux and probably other pass rushers until the end of his career.

So you’ve contradicted yourself twice in three posts.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

People really do love to prematurely write the book on rookies.
LOL

(11-27-2022, 10:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: People really do love to prematurely write the book on rookies.
LOL

That's very true. Can't correctly determine how good these guys will be until year 2 and sometimes as late as year 3. I believe Lloyd will be very good once the game slows down for him. As far as Walker, there is no way to know whether he can learn pass rush moves. If he does, the sky is the limit. If not, moving him to the defensive line is an option.

Wow. Refs [BLEEP] us again today.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Even if Trevor continues to play like today, Baalke better not start some stupid [BLEEP] and draft defense! gotta give him more weapons and better protection!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Not sure if we have been too hard on him, he has been vindicated on a few things.

I will say that Oliver trade still looks absolutely idiotic.

(11-27-2022, 07:51 PM)rufftime Wrote: Not sure if we have been too hard on him, he has been vindicated on a few things.

Yep

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 08:05 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-27-2022, 07:51 PM)rufftime Wrote: Not sure if we have been too hard on him, he has been vindicated on a few things.

Oliver had 9 catches for 66 yards last year.   Before today he had like 60 yards on the season.  If we are basing players on how they look against us we have made a bunch of scrubs look like All Pros. Every ex Jag we play against destroys us, today was nothing new

dude is injured 80% of the time.... and he is nothing special.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(11-27-2022, 08:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Oliver had 9 catches for 66 yards last year.   Before today he had like 60 yards on the season.  If we are basing players on how they look against us we have made a bunch of scrubs look like All Pros.  Every ex Jag we play against destroys us, today was nothing new

Oliver is behind Andrews on the depth chart - you expect big numbers? 

The post was about how stupid the trade was and the trade was stupid 

They cleared out a 3rd round pick who hadn't really seen the field yet (and now looks like he's pretty good) in order to make room for Tim Tebow

So dumb

(11-27-2022, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 08:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oliver had 9 catches for 66 yards last year.   Before today he had like 60 yards on the season.  If we are basing players on how they look against us we have made a bunch of scrubs look like All Pros.  Every ex Jag we play against destroys us, today was nothing new

They cleared out a 3rd round pick who hadn't really seen the field yet (and now looks like he's pretty good) in order to make room for Tim Tebow

So dumb

Yep.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2022, 08:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oliver had 9 catches for 66 yards last year.   Before today he had like 60 yards on the season.  If we are basing players on how they look against us we have made a bunch of scrubs look like All Pros.  Every ex Jag we play against destroys us, today was nothing new

So dumb

Hes behind the rookie as well, he was just out today.  A round the player was picked in really means nothing to me.  He was hurt pretty much the whole time he was here and hasnt done anything the last couple of year with the Ravens.  Having a career day today doesnt mean anything really.  I cant count the number of former Jags and outcasts that had career games against us.  Gabbert had a career day against us so i guess that was a horrible trade as well. Its been too many former Jags

(11-27-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oliver is behind Andrews on the depth chart - you expect big numbers? 

So dumb

Hes behind the rookie as well, he was just out today.  A round the player was picked in really means nothing to me.  He was hurt pretty much the whole time he was here and hasnt done anything the last couple of year with the Ravens.  Having a career day today doesnt mean anything really.  I cant count the number of former Jags and outcasts that had career games against us.  Gabbert had a career day against us so i guess that was a horrible trade as well. Its been too many former Jags

Naw Oliver is ahead of Likely in snap count.

The point is they made an incredibly weak TE room even weaker by giving away Oliver for peanuts, so they could sign a 35 year old bum, only to cut him after 2 weeks of training camp.

So dumb
Tebow would have been a HOFer though…. Didn’t you know?!

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 09:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-27-2022, 09:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes behind the rookie as well, he was just out today.  A round the player was picked in really means nothing to me.  He was hurt pretty much the whole time he was here and hasnt done anything the last couple of year with the Ravens.  Having a career day today doesnt mean anything really.  I cant count the number of former Jags and outcasts that had career games against us.  Gabbert had a career day against us so i guess that was a horrible trade as well. Its been too many former Jags

The point is they made an incredibly weak TE room even weaker by giving away Oliver for peanuts, so they could sign a 35 year old bum, only to cut him after 2 weeks of training camp.

Oliver was a bust, with a draft pick at least you have a chance to find something.  Tebow signing had nothing to do with Oliver.  If we didn't trade Oliver Tebow would of still had a shot here.  We didn't cut Oliver to make room for Tebow.  The only bad part about the Tebow signing was they had him at TE.

(11-27-2022, 09:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oliver is behind Andrews on the depth chart - you expect big numbers? 

So dumb
Tebow would have been a HOFer though…. Didn’t you know?!
Thank you, about time you posted something of quality!

(11-27-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes behind the rookie as well, he was just out today.  A round the player was picked in really means nothing to me.  He was hurt pretty much the whole time he was here and hasnt done anything the last couple of year with the Ravens.  Having a career day today doesnt mean anything really.  I cant count the number of former Jags and outcasts that had career games against us.  Gabbert had a career day against us so i guess that was a horrible trade as well. Its been too many former Jags

Ravens depth chart

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/depth-chart

As usual, can’t admit he’s wrong.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-27-2022, 09:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Naw Oliver is ahead of Likely in snap count.

Oliver was a bust, with a draft pick at least you have a chance to find something.  Tebow signing had nothing to do with Oliver.  If we didn't trade Oliver Tebow would of still had a shot here.  We didn't cut Oliver to make room for Tebow.  The only bad part about the Tebow signing was they had him at TE.

(11-27-2022, 09:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tebow would have been a HOFer though…. Didn’t you know?!

Ravens depth chart

I couldn't careless what the depth chart says.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...counts.htm

Going into today's game..

Oliver - 42.11% of the Offensive snaps.

Likely - 39.01% of the Offensive snaps.

(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote: As usual, can’t admit he’s wrong.
It’s impossible. 

Tebow didn’t succeed here because he was playing TE hahahaha

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 09:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-27-2022, 09:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oliver was a bust, with a draft pick at least you have a chance to find something.  Tebow signing had nothing to do with Oliver.  If we didn't trade Oliver Tebow would of still had a shot here.  We didn't cut Oliver to make room for Tebow.  The only bad part about the Tebow signing was they had him at TE.

Ravens depth chart

I couldn't careless what the depth chart says.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...counts.htm

Going into today's game..

Oliver - 42.11% of the Offensive snaps.

Likely - 39.01% of the Offensive snaps.
He's behind him on the depth chart like I said lol.  That's the Ravens site, I'm sure they know where he is on the depth chart more than you pulling snap counts from some randon site lol.  He's a 4th round rookie that is only 2 % less even if your numbers are even correct.  Not a good look

(11-27-2022, 09:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote: As usual, can’t admit he’s wrong.
It’s impossible. 

Tebow didn’t succeed here because he was playing TE hahahaha

Thank you