Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne and Robinson Injury Update

(08-26-2022, 11:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He’ll be taxed at a much higher rate though.  People forget especially on these astronomical  deals that get announced for some guys how much of it is going to wind up going to Uncle Sam.

I certainly hope this was a failed attempt at sarcasm.

I'll do my darnedest to try and shed a tear for our high-earning citizens, but I can't make any promises.

You seem to wear your lack of empathy like a badge of honor.  Strange.  It takes all sorts, I guess.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2022, 05:40 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-27-2022, 04:33 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 11:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: I certainly hope this was a failed attempt at sarcasm.

I'll do my darnedest to try and shed a tear for our high-earning citizens, but I can't make any promises.

You seem to wear your lack of empathy like a badge of honor.  Strange.  It takes all sorts, I guess.

Lack of empathy for someone who's making $900,000 a year.  That's funny.

(08-27-2022, 04:33 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 11:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: I certainly hope this was a failed attempt at sarcasm.

I promise with all of my heart that if I ever earned close to $1m even over a 3 or 4 year contract let alone in a single year, the last word you would hear me utter would be how horrible it was that I ended up in a higher tax bracket.

We are a one car household and said car is 15 years old. We couldn't afford a repair this month because we spent $500 at the vet and had to put one of our pets down. Because of the lack of a second vehicle, I end up bicylcing my near 50-year old behind to work 3x weekly. I can't manage to save up for my kids' college because we are busy paying for their current extracurriculars, home, and monthly bills.

I'm not starving, nobody (besides the cat) is dying, but yeah, go ahead and shake your head at me if it makes you feel better.

Or do you just post self-righteous drivel on this board to get a reaction, and I just got whooshed? Frankly, I don't think you're that clever.

Maybe he was thinking AUS dollar?

Nope - that's still 621.3 K USD

Nope, not feeling bad for anyone pulling that down. In the State of FL, over 3 or 4 years, a young man could invest a third of that in real estate and set himself up nicely for the future.

Anywayyyyyyyyy, I'm glad Robinson is looking ready to earn a big second contract.

(08-26-2022, 11:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He’ll be taxed at a much higher rate though.  People forget especially on these astronomical  deals that get announced for some guys how much of it is going to wind up going to Uncle Sam.

I certainly hope this was a failed attempt at sarcasm.

His math was off is all.  Carry on with your disdain for the more fortunate amongst us.

It's been a long time since we had two capable backs, usually we don't even have one. Obviously not the same type of players but giving me that good feeling of when we had Fred Taylor and MJD for a few seasons.

(08-30-2022, 11:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...8863847425

Robinson going through these type of drills is extremely nice to see. I've said it before to which I'll stand by it, Robinson will likely be ready for some on the field action Game 1.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-05-2022, 02:03 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 11:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...8863847425

Robinson going through these type of drills is extremely nice to see. I've said it before to which I'll stand by it, Robinson will likely be ready for some on the field action Game 1.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Pederson confirmed he'll be ready go for week one in his presser.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/james-robinso...ater-break

He's Ready for sure. Managing his on field reps is key to him maintaining health.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 09:41 PM by mikesez.)

(08-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 11:42 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Think about this one though.  As a college grad, if he were to hit the corp. workforce at $60,000 per year with 3% annual increases, it would take him 13 years to make that $900k.  At the end of this year, he will have likely made more $$$ than most people will make in their entire lifetime.  Not bad for a Undrafted Free Agent.

He’ll be taxed at a much higher rate though.  People forget especially on these astronomical  deals that get announced for some guys how much of it is going to wind up going to Uncle Sam.

He still has a much higher take home than the average college grad, and it would still take many years to catch up, maybe only 7 or 8 instead of 13, but still a lot.

(08-29-2022, 11:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 04:33 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: You seem to wear your lack of empathy like a badge of honor.  Strange.  It takes all sorts, I guess.

I promise with all of my heart that if I ever earned close to $1m even over a 3 or 4 year contract let alone in a single year, the last word you would hear me utter would be how horrible it was that I ended up in a higher tax bracket.

We are a one car household and said car is 15 years old. We couldn't afford a repair this month because we spent $500 at the vet and had to put one of our pets down. Because of the lack of a second vehicle, I end up bicylcing my near 50-year old behind to work 3x weekly. I can't manage to save up for my kids' college because we are busy paying for their current extracurriculars, home, and monthly bills.

I'm not starving, nobody (besides the cat) is dying, but yeah, go ahead and shake your head at me if it makes you feel better.

Or do you just post self-righteous drivel on this board to get a reaction, and I just got whooshed? Frankly, I don't think you're that clever.

I appreciate you.  Thanks for reminding all of us for being grateful for what we have, and thank you for pressing on in spite of adversity.  I biked to bag groceries at Publix 20 years ago and I hope I'd be strong enough in character and body to do it again if that's what my family needed.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Safe to assume JRob is back. He looked good today.
https://twitter.com/JaguarsPR/status/156...0401297408

Both J Rob and Etienne looked great today. Etienne had the one drop but other than that both were great. The RB position is the biggest strength on this team imo. I'd love if we extend J Rob at any point. We need J Rob and Etienne for the next 3 or 4 years minimum.

15 carries combined today simply won't do. The fact that they looked that good on that low of a pitch count is scary.

Note to Doug. RUN-THE-DAMN-BALL.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-11-2022, 05:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 15 carries combined today simply won't do. The fact that they looked that good on that low of a pitch count is scary.

It makes me wonder if we should give Taylor a game for play calling duties.  Doug said in the offseason if he feels it would help the team he would do it

(09-11-2022, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 15 carries combined today simply won't do. The fact that they looked that good on that low of a pitch count is scary.

It makes me wonder if we should give Taylor a game for play calling duties.  Doug said in the offseason if he feels it would help the team he would do it

It's been 1 game dude... lol

(09-11-2022, 05:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It makes me wonder if we should give Taylor a game for play calling duties.  Doug said in the offseason if he feels it would help the team he would do it

Agreed, i wouldnt do it yet but if it starts to become a pattern its good to know Doug will pass the play calling duties as he stated in the offseason.  Doug is a smart guy though so lets see how he calls the game next week

(09-11-2022, 05:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It makes me wonder if we should give Taylor a game for play calling duties.  Doug said in the offseason if he feels it would help the team he would do it

Agreed. It's just one game. We lost the game late. We didn't get destroyed. Not the time to panic. Basically this an extra preseason game to get the rust off. I can live with what I saw today.

The things I am [BLEEP] about are very technical and fixable. Instead of last year where the game was over in the 1st half.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-11-2022, 05:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's been 1 game dude... lol
Agreed. It's just one game. We lost the game late. We didn't get destroyed. Not the time to panic. Basically this an extra preseason game to get the rust off. I can live with what I saw today.

The things I am [BLEEP] about are very technical and fixable. Instead of last year where the game was over in the 1st half.

What if we lose a close one next week? and the week after?  Is that OK to lose as long as its a close game?

(09-11-2022, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Which pass plays that were called today were bad calls, exactly?  

Sure, we have weapons at RB and I'd like a bit more balance, but the pass was working quite effectively too. 

I didn't see anything that would warrant questioning Doug's play calling. The plays going in situationally were 99% fine, they just weren't always executed well enough. 

I mean, seriously, if Trevor doesn't overthrow 2 TD passes, and ETN doesn't drop a third, we win that game by a comfortable margin with the plays that Doug "super-bowl-ring-wearing" Pederson called. The same ones you think warrant a change in play caller after one game.