Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 10:33 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-22-2022, 07:52 AM)bobbycat Wrote: As you can see, I don’t post much but I can’t take it anymore. This thread has devolved to likely the most stupid of all time. Trevor Lawrence is a 22 year old, immensely talented, SECOND year QB who we are fortunate to have on this improving roster. Some of you guys are so negative it’s hard to believe how you live through the day. Original season ticket holder and Jags fan forever. Excuse me while I go back into my cave.?

Are you kidding me?  Have you ever seen Alfie's posts during the Gene Smith era ?   There will never be threads that compare to his repeated stupidity.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-22-2022, 10:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 07:52 AM)bobbycat Wrote: As you can see, I don’t post much but I can’t take it anymore. This thread has devolved to likely the most stupid of all time. Trevor Lawrence is a 22 year old, immensely talented, SECOND year QB who we are fortunate to have on this improving roster. Some of you guys are so negative it’s hard to believe how you live through the day. Original season ticket holder and Jags fan forever. Excuse me while I go back into my cave.?

Are you kidding me?  Have you ever seen Alfie's posts during the Gene Smith era ?   There will never be threads that compared to his repeated stupidity.
Henne vs Gabbert?

Garrard vs Leftwich?

BAP vs drafting for need?

It’s endless.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 10:40 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-22-2022, 10:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 10:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Are you kidding me?  Have you ever seen Alfie's posts during the Gene Smith era ?   There will never be threads that compared to his repeated stupidity.
Henne vs Gabbert?

Garrard vs Leftwich?

BAP vs drafting for need?

It’s endless.

According to Alfie, trading up to get Derrick Cox in Round 2 (even though he was listed anywhere from 6th round to undrafted forecast) was brilliant.  The Patriots turned those 2 picks we traded into Gronkowski and Edelman. Can't make this [BLEEP] up. https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/pa...th-jaguars

He also thought Gene was brilliant when he took 4 defensive linemen (3 from small schools) with his 1st 4 picks in the 2010 draft.  Our entire 2010 draft had players drafted form the following schools (California, Louisiana Tech, Central Arkansas, Murray State, Southern Illinois, and James Madison).   Alfie defended those picks to his posting grave here.  At that time, we were the only NFL team that had ZERO (0) players from the SEC.

Can we please get a thread dedicated to the debate behind the stupidest thread of all time?  Banana

(07-22-2022, 11:42 AM)scottyg Wrote: Can we please get a thread dedicated to the debate behind the stupidest thread of all time?  Banana

That sounds pretty stupid.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-22-2022, 01:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 11:42 AM)scottyg Wrote: Can we please get a thread dedicated to the debate behind the stupidest thread of all time?  Banana

That sounds pretty stupid.

Thank you!

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 07:00 PM by OzJohnnie.)

(07-22-2022, 05:48 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 12:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote: All I did was post a tweet, I didn't compare anybody. That's on you for comparing them. Spin away though.

Correct. It was a tweet that simply listed two stats, drops and the amount of yardage those drops would have been were they catches. That oz felt compelled to denigrate Trevor is telling.

You two having trouble keeping yourselves in the real world?  The tweet compared TL to Brady and Allen in an attempt cherry pick one stat for a favourable TL argument.  I didn’t pull Brady and Allen out of thin air.

We won’t know how the new coaching regime goes with TL until the season progresses, but I think they will have difficulty making significant progress.

(07-21-2022, 12:51 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1...6227433473

The tweet you posted comparing TL to Brady and Allen.  For all us Jags fans, I sure hope the coaching staff have a better relationship with reality than this board.

Is it too much to hope for a Burrows/Bengals-type turnaround this season?

Instinctively I think our roster needs to be be upgraded another notch before we hope to get deep into the postseason, but everything seems to be moving in the right direction. I feel there are so many questions in the division that it should be an interesting season where a playoff berth is well within reach, but there are also plenty of questions about our own team.

(07-22-2022, 06:57 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 05:48 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Correct. It was a tweet that simply listed two stats, drops and the amount of yardage those drops would have been were they catches. That oz felt compelled to denigrate Trevor is telling.

You two having trouble keeping yourselves in the real world?  The tweet compared TL to Brady and Allen in an attempt cherry pick one stat for a favourable TL argument.  I didn’t pull Brady and Allen out of thin air.

We won’t know how the new coaching regime goes with TL until the season progresses, but I think they will have difficulty making significant progress.

(07-21-2022, 12:51 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1...6227433473

The tweet you posted comparing TL to Brady and Allen.  For all us Jags fans, I sure hope the coaching staff have a better relationship with reality than this board.

If by compared you mean, "listed players in order statistically," then, yes, the three players were compared.  Rolleyes

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 10:13 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

What started as a simple "I don't see the hype, he's not a "generational talent" but has some promise" turned into constant defense of my original statement. It's only become negative because I was forced over and over again to point out my reasoning. I agree, he's a 22 year old with plenty of room to improve and is physically/mentally gifted.. Talented, is yet to be seen.

(07-22-2022, 10:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 05:38 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Are you mistaking me for someone else? Someone else compared Rosen to Lawrence, what i said was that if i were the gm i would take the cardinals approach, meaning that i wouldnt wait 3-4 years to let a guy drafted highly develop at the cost of passing up on more talented players while the guy we have shows no promise whatsoever. This wasnt me saying lawrence=rosen it was me replying to a thread that asked if we should take a qb next year at 1 if we have the first pick again and all i said was that if lawrence plays the same way as he did last year i would absolutely look at replacing him at 1. Ive still not called lawrence a bust or that hes likely to bust, ive said this so many times recently that im sick of saying it. My sole issue with him was the absurd hype surrounding him, he was no better of a prospect than justin herbet or deshaun watson coming out.. i still think he will eventually be a good qb i just dont see the same traits in him that i see in the guys he was being compared to… and my issue with his rookie season was that his downsides that i saw in college seem to get worse with no visible improvement throughout his rookie season.

Shying away from your own words again, huh?

It was 100% you that made the comp

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1468937

Did you read the post you linked? 

(05-25-2022, 04:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What is the point of this thread? 

Why would a team draft a #1 pick QB twice in 3 years?

Cardinals took Josh Rosen in the top 10. He sucked. 
Drafted Kyler Murray the following year. He good.

That's why.

Thread title: If the Jags had the number 1 overall pick for the 3rd year in a row would you take a QB to replace lawrence

Question was asked: Why would a team draft a #1 qb twice in 3 years

Example that I used was Josh Rosen being let go quickly after being a top pick, in exchange for another QB. The scenario of the thread basically says "If Trevor is a bust, and we get the #1 pick again would you take a QB or stick with Lawrence who got us back to back #1 picks"

And my answer, was yes i'd probably draft his replacement, similar to the way the Cardinals did with Rosen-Murray. 

If you find this to somehow be a comparision between Rosen and Lawrence as players, you're confused and don't understand english. This was a hypothetical situation, based on if we were to get the #1 pick again this year. Incase it wasn't clear.

(07-22-2022, 05:48 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Correct. It was a tweet that simply listed two stats, drops and the amount of yardage those drops would have been were they catches. That oz felt compelled to denigrate Trevor is telling.

You clearly have a serious lack of comprehension if that's what you took away from that tweet. But I guess that was already pretty obvious.

(07-22-2022, 10:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

What started as a simple "I don't see the hype, he's not a "generational talent" but has some promise" turned into constant defense of my original statement. It's only become negative because I was forced over and over again to point out my reasoning. I agree, he's a 22 year old with plenty of room to improve and is physically/mentally gifted.. Talented, is yet to be seen.

(07-22-2022, 10:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shying away from your own words again, huh?

It was 100% you that made the comp

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1468937

Did you read the post you linked? 

(05-25-2022, 04:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Cardinals took Josh Rosen in the top 10. He sucked. 
Drafted Kyler Murray the following year. He good.

That's why.

Thread title: If the Jags had the number 1 overall pick for the 3rd year in a row would you take a QB to replace lawrence

Question was asked: Why would a team draft a #1 qb twice in 3 years

Example that I used was Josh Rosen being let go quickly after being a top pick, in exchange for another QB. The scenario of the thread basically says "If Trevor is a bust, and we get the #1 pick again would you take a QB or stick with Lawrence who got us back to back #1 picks"

And my answer, was yes i'd probably draft his replacement, similar to the way the Cardinals did with Rosen-Murray. 

If you find this to somehow be a comparision between Rosen and Lawrence as players, you're confused and don't understand english. This was a hypothetical situation, based on if we were to get the #1 pick again this year. Incase it wasn't clear.

Read the thread dumb [BLEEP]

You compared them and you then compared their individual stats a few posts later 

You really can't squirm out of it 

It was all you

LOL 
a list of 3 players whose categorical stats list them consecutively isn't a comparison 

They are merely on the list due to a stat they finished near one another 

Absolutely no one comped them but you 

Holy [BLEEP], this thread

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2022, 12:48 PM by JagsorDie.)

Smoke inhalation must have gotten to this stupid [BLEEP] Aussie. Seriously, get the [BLEEP] off of this board..

“I’m in the, unfortunately he is probably a bust camp.”<< this is you??? Stay in you [BLEEP] lane or do everyone a favor and go play in a fire somewhere. 

[BLEEP] dumb [BLEEP]

Smoke inhalation must have gotten to this stupid [BLEEP] Aussie. Seriously, get the [BLEEP] off of this board..

“I’m in the, unfortunately he is probably a bust camp.”<< this is you??? Stay in you [BLEEP] lane or do everyone a favor and go play in a fire somewhere. 

[BLEEP] dumb [BLEEP]

Welp, this thread looks like it's devolved enough. Season is getting started just in time.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-24-2022, 07:50 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Welp, this thread looks like it's devolved enough. Season is getting started just in time.

Indeed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato