Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker Round 1, Pick 1 (merged)

(09-18-2022, 06:55 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I am bit disappointed he didn't get one of the sacks today.

Hutchinson had 3 sacks today btw...

Walker had at least 1 taken away from him because of a False Start and they blew the play dead. He got pressure plenty of times and drew double teams which helped let Allen go off.

That's nice for Hutch and all but he got the classic Fowler type sacks today. None of them were impressive. The first two that he got, the OT beat him easily on both reps. The 3rd one he had a free rush due to a stunt.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2022, 07:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 06:55 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I am bit disappointed he didn't get one of the sacks today.

Walker had at least 1 taken away from him because of a False Start and they blew the play dead. He got pressure plenty of times and drew double teams which helped let Allen go off.

That's nice for Hutch and all but he got the classic Fowler type sacks today. None of them were impressive. The first two that he got, the OT beat him easily on both reps. The 3rd one he had a free rush due to a stunt.

I hadn't watched them when reading your post, but that was my suspicion when I saw the number.  Just watched them and he didn't beat anyone on any of them.  Good for him for capitalizing on his opportunities, but they weren't all that impressive to be sure.

Walker pressured Flacco in the red-zone today at one point. A near sack. He threw off balance and it was batted down.

Waller might have had a more consistent performance this game than last. He hits Matt Ryan in the chest on the first pick and that doesn't go down on the Stat sheet. Don't let numbers rule over you. Two goo games from an elite athlete. Let it come as it does.

(09-18-2022, 07:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 07:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Walker had at least 1 taken away from him because of a False Start and they blew the play dead. He got pressure plenty of times and drew double teams which helped let Allen go off.

I hadn't watched them when reading your post, but that was my suspicion when I saw the number.  Just watched them and he didn't beat anyone on any of them.  Good for him for capitalizing on his opportunities, but they weren't all that impressive to be sure.

Yup, exactly. Here are his sacks for anybody who wants to see.
https://twitter.com/marleewierda/status/...7616419842
https://twitter.com/CpLions/status/1571560372716568577
https://twitter.com/JimCosta_/status/157...3550472192

We don't have to poo poo Hutch. Good on him collecting some stats. So far no regret on Walker pick. For once, I don't have hard core criticism.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 07:48 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-18-2022, 07:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Nice, I didn't see that, I had problems watching the game.

Also saw Shipley say that in his opinion Walker was better this game than vs Commanders. I wanted Hutch before the draft but right now I am happy with Walker, and I still think he has a high chance of getting 10+ sacks this season.

(09-18-2022, 07:46 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: We don't have to poo poo Hutch. Good on him collecting some stats. So far no regret on Walker pick. For once, I don't have hard core criticism.

This
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

After watching those sack highlights I'm happier with Walker. Shows consistency and relieves me of worry

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(09-18-2022, 07:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 07:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Walker had at least 1 taken away from him because of a False Start and they blew the play dead. He got pressure plenty of times and drew double teams which helped let Allen go off.

Nice, I didn't see that, I had problems watching the game.

Also saw Shipley say that in his opinion Walker was better this game than vs Commanders. I wanted Hutch before the draft but right now I am happy with Walker, and I still think he has a high chance of getting 10+ sacks this season.

(09-18-2022, 07:46 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: We don't have to poo poo Hutch. Good on him collecting some stats. So far no regret on Walker pick. For once, I don't have hard core criticism.

This

Walker didn't have the highlight reel flash plays this week like he did week 1, but he was definitely more consistent throughout today than in week 1. There's no reason to be worried about him. He's going to be a very good player for us.

Hutchinson may very well end up being great. That’s fine.
As long as Walker ends up great as well
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 08:28 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2022, 08:17 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Hutchinson may very well end up being great. That’s fine.
As long as Walker ends up great as well

I wanted Hutch but since the preseason my money is on Walker to be the better player. I am only a bit disppointed because I think the guy has the potential to have a sack every game.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 05:45 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Since we got the shutout, I would assume that Walker did his job in a very disciplined way.  It's a team game, and sometimes, you just do your job and someone else gets the glory.  That's what happened at GA last year.  Last year, Walker played very disciplined football, and GA's defense was overwhelming as a result of everyone just doing their job.  Obviously, yesterday, our game plan was to stop Jonathan Taylor, and we shut him down until very late in the game.

3 sacks is 3 sacks. Walker is still my guy

The Redacteds are team "make your rook look like a superstar" this season

Wait, how did Hutch get credit for Sack #1 when Wentz actually got back to the line of scrimmage and perhaps even gained a half yard on the play?

(09-19-2022, 05:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wait, how did Hutch get credit for Sack #1 when Wentz actually got back to the line of scrimmage and perhaps even gained a half yard on the play?

It's the start of the DROY campaign and the NFL gotta shill for it's preferred winner.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-19-2022, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 05:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wait, how did Hutch get credit for Sack #1 when Wentz actually got back to the line of scrimmage and perhaps even gained a half yard on the play?

It's the start of the DROY campaign and the NFL gotta shill for it's preferred winner.

Good to know it wasn't just me on that one.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-19-2022, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

It happened to Taylor in 1998, Jones-Drew in 2006, and Minshew in 2019. It’s the NFL being the NFL..

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 06:25 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

From watching these highlights, Travon Walker had a much better game than I realized.  Watch this video and focus on #44 and you'll see what I mean.  Even on plays where he didn't have a sack or a tackle, he was in great position to shut down the play.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ukkiBJTkDc

(09-18-2022, 07:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Walker pressured Flacco in the red-zone today at one point. A near sack. He threw off balance and it was batted down.

Is this prognosticating our pre Christmas game vs the Jets?