Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker Round 1, Pick 1 (merged)

4,000+/28/12

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-06-2022, 10:47 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 07:54 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Guys, do you realize that the Jags are going to be a legit team when they step on the field this year?  They will be even money in two thirds of the games and be competitive in all the others.  I am so hyped right now for the season.

It really all depends on one player, we can have the greatest defense, best WRs and an amazing RB... but if the QB throws for 12 TDs again it will be a very very long season.

Are you really worried that is going to happen?  I'm not the least bit worried.  I think we saw in the game against the Colts what we can expect from him this year.  He is going to be excellent.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 12:47 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-06-2022, 11:52 PM)Portofino43 Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 10:47 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: It really all depends on one player, we can have the greatest defense, best WRs and an amazing RB... but if the QB throws for 12 TDs again it will be a very very long season.

Are you really worried that is going to happen?  I'm not the least bit worried.  I think we saw in the game against the Colts what we can expect from him this year.  He is going to be excellent.

I'm not expecting Trevor to play that poorly again. I don't expect him to go wild either tho. Hoping for the best either way.

EDIT: I want to clarify that I said I don't expect him to go wild, not that I think he can't. Cause I already know people misunderstand my posts often. If he puts the work in and improved big time in the offseason he ofcourse could have a crazy good 2nd year.

Backpedaling like Dewey Wingard in single high vs Tyreek Hill

Number 1 d in the league in comming

(05-07-2022, 01:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Backpedaling like Dewey Wingard in single high vs Tyreek Hill

Nah i've said the same thing since day 1. 

Has the tools, didn't play like he had them in college, followed up that with a horrible rookie performance. I'm sorry that it's so hard for you to understand

(05-07-2022, 03:59 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Number 1 d in the league in comming

Let's tap the brakes just a little, okay?  They'll be a lot better.  But number 1?  Worst to first?   Too many new players.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 10:24 AM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-07-2022, 01:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Backpedaling like Dewey Wingard in single high vs Tyreek Hill

Might as well put Walker back there. Only barely joking.

EDIT: Lol at the query not working right because setting position as FS triggers the censor.

https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=21463&p2=18856&[BLEEP]=FS

(05-07-2022, 04:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Nah i've said the same thing since day 1. 

Has the tools, didn't play like he had them in college, followed up that with a horrible rookie performance. I'm sorry that it's so hard for you to understand

I understand you called his play "trash," called his defenders "nut-huggers," and said you saw "no reason for hope" from his rookie year and now you're trying to act like you didn't bash him repeatedly last year. 

But, you did. 

Glad you've changed your mind.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 12:08 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-07-2022, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 04:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Nah i've said the same thing since day 1. 

I understand you called his play "trash," called his defenders "nut-huggers," and said you saw "no reason for hope" from his rookie year and now you're trying to act like you didn't bash him repeatedly last year. 

But, you did. 

To be fair, I believe it was jaguarslvp with the nut-hugger comments.  I can't disagree on your other points.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-07-2022, 12:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I understand you called his play "trash," called his defenders "nut-huggers," and said you saw "no reason for hope" from his rookie year and now you're trying to act like you didn't bash him repeatedly last year. 

But, you did. 

To be fair, I believe it was jaguarslvp with the nut-hugger comments.  I can't disagree on your other points.

He parroted the term 

I've linked to it in one of the other hot take revisionist history threads

(05-07-2022, 12:44 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 11:52 PM)Portofino43 Wrote: Are you really worried that is going to happen?  I'm not the least bit worried.  I think we saw in the game against the Colts what we can expect from him this year.  He is going to be excellent.

I'm not expecting Trevor to play that poorly again. I don't expect him to go wild either tho. Hoping for the best either way.

EDIT: I want to clarify that I said I don't expect him to go wild, not that I think he can't. Cause I already know people misunderstand my posts often. If he puts the work in and improved big time in the offseason he ofcourse could have a crazy good 2nd year.

We understand.  You think Lawrence will either be below average, average, or above average.

(05-07-2022, 01:14 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 12:44 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'm not expecting Trevor to play that poorly again. I don't expect him to go wild either tho. Hoping for the best either way.

We understand.  You think Lawrence will either be below average, average, or above average.

Not a knock, but I misunderstand because in the same post you hedge your bets three different ways. But then it could just be me...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-07-2022, 07:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 03:59 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Number 1 d in the league in comming

Let's tap the brakes just a little, okay?  They'll be a lot better.  But number 1?  Worst to first?   Too many new players.

Jags didn't have the worst defense last year, they actually had some good moments. But I agree, it's doubtful they get all the way to numero uno.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think top 15 defense should be the goal. I will be ecstatic if we end up in the top 5.

The defense will need help from an offense that can stay on the field and move the chains. Hopefully the d can play with leads often.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 01:17 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-12-2022, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...pZYuzAs4ZQ

Too bad this isn't golf, where I'd be his caddy for 6-10%.

Haven't read this entire thread, this may have been posted.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/0...utchinson/

Looks like the LIons would have taken Walker with #2 if Jags had taken Hutchinson.

Very interesting.