Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 03:46 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-08-2023, 01:38 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Who is this Dalton Kincaid kid out of Utah?  You guys keep talking about Washington as the pick but Kincaid would be a steal in the 3rd round (if he last that long).

Dalton Kincaid had a better showing at the combine...and is a better receiver.  I guess we'd want to spend a high pick on Washington because he's a great run blocker?

Also...

Andrew Voorhees out of USC...tore his ACL...but would be behind Ben Barch and Shatley this year anyway.    I'd take a chance on him if he's on the board in the 4th/5th round.   Good talent for the future.
I think Kincaid is more of a receiver. Kind of like Engram. I don't see him making it to RD3 personally. He really showed out last year statistically. He's a late RD1 - early RD2 guy IMHO.

Vorhees would be an ideal grab in RD4 with one of those two or three selections we have. If he's there. I would have my reservations taking him with the 88th overall pick in RD3. We need immediate starters or rotational players. Especially early.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(03-08-2023, 02:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 01:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's interesting you pointed this out with Torrence. PFN has him dropping down to the 2nd round now with the Bears getting him just three picks ahead of us where we also end up drafting an offensive tackle. 

I don't mind the 40 time considering his position and size overall. Not sure where his 23 reps on the bench stack with other prospects over the years. NextGen still gives him the benefit of the doubt though. If you put stock into that I guess.
Yeah, Torrence combine doesn't change my opinion on him.  He's a 330+ G so he's not going to be that athletic.  His combine actually wasn't that bad, it was average.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?Pl...vl=Combine

Here is Orlando Browns for comparison and I did let scare me off. He's just a big tackle that I knew wasn't very athletic

https://ras.football/2020/01/13/orlando-brown-ras/?amp
Same regards on my end. I think he's a plug and play starter from day one. I wouldn't lose sleep over us selecting him.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 04:09 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-08-2023, 03:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 01:38 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Who is this Dalton Kincaid kid out of Utah?  You guys keep talking about Washington as the pick but Kincaid would be a steal in the 3rd round (if he last that long).

Dalton Kincaid had a better showing at the combine...and is a better receiver.  I guess we'd want to spend a high pick on Washington because he's a great run blocker?

Also...

Andrew Voorhees out of USC...tore his ACL...but would be behind Ben Barch and Shatley this year anyway.    I'd take a chance on him if he's on the board in the 4th/5th round.   Good talent for the future.
I think Kincaid is more of a receiver. Kind of like Engram. I don't see him making it to RD3 personally. He really showed out last year statistically. He's a late RD1 - early RD2 guy IMHO.

Vorhees would be an ideal grab in RD4 with one of those two or three selections we have. If he's there. I would have my reservations taking him with the 88th overall pick in RD3. We need immediate starters or rotational players. Especially early.

(03-08-2023, 02:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, Torrence combine doesn't change my opinion on him.  He's a 330+ G so he's not going to be that athletic.  His combine actually wasn't that bad, it was average.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?Pl...vl=Combine

Here is Orlando Browns for comparison and I did let scare me off.  He's just a big tackle that I knew wasn't very athletic

https://ras.football/2020/01/13/orlando-brown-ras/?amp
Same regards on my end. I think he's a plug and play starter from day one. I wouldn't lose sleep over us selecting him.

I meant to say didn't scare me on Brown. Torrence is one of my top guys

(03-08-2023, 09:48 AM)Norseman Wrote: There are so many names in play now that I am losing track. The more I read about the various prospects and your evaluations, the more uncertain I become. Seems like most of them will be great fits. I wonder, though, how would you stack a draft board with the players that are likely to be available when we pick?

My top guys at 24 who I think could be there are

In no order

Kancey
Torrence 
Washington 
Witherspoon 
Foskey

Mayer and Branch I really like as well

This is crazy

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...13376?s=20

(03-09-2023, 08:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is crazy

What an absolute joke... There's no way they should be getting 7.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 10:33 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-09-2023, 09:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 08:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is crazy

What an absolute joke... There's no way they should be getting 7.
How the [BLEEP] did they get three extra picks in RD3?

They gave up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th in 2023 and a 5th in 2024 for McCaffrey but get three "comp" picks in RD3?

How does that work or add up?

Well. After reading the thread it makes sense. Saleh, McDaniel and Ryan being hired as head coaches as well as losing additional assistant coaches gets them additional picks. Especially miniority coaches being lost.

Interesting practice. It's paying off for them big time.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-09-2023, 10:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 09:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: What an absolute joke... There's no way they should be getting 7.

They gave up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th in 2023 and a 5th in 2024 for McCaffrey but get three "comp" picks in RD3?

Well. After reading the thread it makes sense. Saleh, McDaniel and Ryan being hired as head coaches as well as losing additional assistant coaches gets them additional picks. Especially miniority coaches being lost.

Its crazy you get higher picks if the coaches are minority

(03-09-2023, 10:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 10:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: How the [BLEEP] did they get three extra picks in RD3?

Its crazy you get higher picks if the coaches are minority
I think it's an interesting concept and it has it's merit. Saleh, Ryan and McDaniel are all deserving of the jobs they have. Can't argue that.

This might encourage the NFL to give more deserving, miniority based candidates opportunities. This is what the NFL was hoping for. It's working. At least for the 49ers.

Flores, Wilks, Bieniemy & Evero are all solid head coaching candidates as well. Should eventually land a head coaching gig within the next two years.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 11:05 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-09-2023, 10:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 09:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: What an absolute joke... There's no way they should be getting 7.

They aren't losing Saleh and McDaniel this off season though, they shouldn't be getting comp picks for them this year. Should have already got them last year and the year before. Ryan I understand.

So then why didn't we get one for Cooter taking the OC job? He was Passing Game Coordinator here and OC is higher up than PGC..

(03-09-2023, 11:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 10:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: How the [BLEEP] did they get three extra picks in RD3?

They aren't losing Saleh and McDaniel this off season though, they shouldn't be getting comp picks for them this year. Should have already got them last year and the year before. Ryan I understand.

So then why didn't we get one for Cooter taking the OC job? He was Passing Game Coordinator here and OC is higher up than PGC..

Maybe next year

With the name Jim Bob Cooter? LOL. We'll have to give THEM two 1st round picks and pay his salary for 2 years.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Hopefully we get a 3rd for Taylor leaving

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 11:19 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good points. I am not 100% sure how the NFL dole's these picks out or how decisions are made. I would like to see a breakdown from the NFL on it though. Giving a team that was in an NFC Championship game, down to it's 3rd/4th string QB three [BLEEP] third round picks seems extremely overkill. 

The NFL might actually want to scale this back to be fair to the other teams. For example, if you're due a 3rd because of a coach being hired on elsewhere, there should be a stipulation that lowers that pick into another RD based on every play-off game you win. They won two. I would think it's fair to knock those three's down into five's or even six's.

(03-10-2023, 04:00 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 11:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They aren't losing Saleh and McDaniel this off season though, they shouldn't be getting comp picks for them this year. Should have already got them last year and the year before. Ryan I understand.

Maybe next year

We'll be lucky to get a 4th or 5th I bet. If we have another good year in 2023 like we did in 2022 though I could see us losing Press Taylor to another team. 

(03-10-2023, 10:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully we get a 3rd for Taylor leaving

Would be nice since he's a former, early 2nd RD pick.

(03-10-2023, 11:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 11:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They aren't losing Saleh and McDaniel this off season though, they shouldn't be getting comp picks for them this year. Should have already got them last year and the year before. Ryan I understand.

Good points. I am not 100% sure how the NFL dole's these picks out or how decisions are made. I would like to see a breakdown from the NFL on it though. Giving a team that was in an NFC Championship game, down to it's 3rd/4th string QB three [BLEEP] third round picks seems extremely overkill. 

The NFL might actually want to scale this back to be fair to the other teams. For example, if you're due a 3rd because of a coach being hired on elsewhere, there should be a stipulation that lowers that pick into another RD based on every play-off game you win. They won two. I would think it's fair to knock those three's down into five's or even six's.

(03-10-2023, 04:00 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Maybe next year

We'll be lucky to get a 4th or 5th I bet. If we have another good year in 2023 like we did in 2022 though I could see us losing Press Taylor to another team. 

(03-10-2023, 10:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully we get a 3rd for Taylor leaving

I wanted Brown or Metcalf when it was our pick but I didn't hate the Taylor pick.  Taylor was a damn good tackle at Florida and the potential was there.  I remember a few people saying he had heavy feet and wouldn't ever be able to be a good pass protector.  He proved those people wronge this year.  The talent was always there he just had to figure it out.  He was a really good run blocker in college so it's odd to see him not being very good at run blocking in the NFL being he has the size and everything you need.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 07:53 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-10-2023, 04:00 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Maybe next year

Then the 49ers shouldn't be getting picks for the two coaches/assistants they lost this year if that's the case. Should be next year.

(03-10-2023, 11:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

(03-10-2023, 04:00 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Maybe next year

The only reason they are getting those picks is because the coaches they lost were black. They lost Ryans and the guy who took over the GM role for the tacks. Both "minority" coaches/assistants so that's why/where they got the 3rd round comp picks from... What a joke, but congrats to them for finding the loop hole I guess.

Meanwhile, we haven't gotten a single comp pick for 13 straight years now.

Just realized Kuntz is number 1 RAS out of 1020, crazy. Hopefully he falls to our 3rd round pick

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1632...83938?s=20

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2023, 07:35 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Still want this guy in the mid rounds
https://www.nfl.com/videos/caleb-murphy-...ffort-on-q

Jalen Carter came in 9 lbs heavier today at his Pro day than the combine