Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Jags @ falcons ***

What were you expecting from a 5th round running back?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One of the best names in our squad tho

Snooooop

(08-28-2022, 07:08 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 05:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Panic? 

I don't think so. Sound strategy. 

RB#1 out with achilles - return uncertain - recovery % uncertain
RB#1A out with LisFranc - return uncertain -  recovery % very uncertain

Round 5 pick?  Not much capital to provide some insurance for that scenario ^ 

I'm much more concerned about our o-line's poor run blocking than Snoop Connor's ability. 
He'll be fine IMO. Our line?  Not so sure.

Traded up into the fifth to take an unremarkable running back when they could have just gotten one later or in free agency, it looks like a panic move, to me. You're certainly entitled to see it however you like, though.

Yeah, all good. I just don't see any desperation. Seems calculated. 

When presented with these choices...
  • Spend picks 188 and 198 on a back my scouting department and GM believe in - just in case either or both of my injured starters aren't ready (very possible) 
  • - or -
  • Enter the offseason with two injured backs and rely on an UDFA and Roq Armstead

I'll take the former. 
Regarding free agency, they tried to sign a RB that way before the draft and he chose elsewhere. (Chase Edmonds)

Remaining free agents were not on their wish list. Snoop Connor was, so they got the back they wanted. 
And they got him for pretty minimal capital. 

Personally, I'm not ready to write the book on the rookie after watching him run behind mostly a bad backup line and a few carries behind a makeshift starting line. 
Maybe "unremarkable" ends up accurate. Maybe not. 
I'm not very impressed so far, but I'm not feeling too broken up over what they spent on him. 

Speaking of what they spent. The Jags were going to take Connor at 157, but were offered a 4th rounder next year for the pick (Bucs) and they took that offer. Now holding an extra fourth next year and 3 sixth round picks this year, spending two sixths was a pretty comfortable move to make.