Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Home Opener -- a lot of empty seats

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 04:40 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-16-2022, 04:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 03:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol ...you picked the sections in which the most tickets were sold.  Scroll out to see the visitors side and the end zones sections and you will see a lot of blue bubbles --- pretty sad.

No

That is the visitor's side starting just left of the club seat and stretching toward the endzone 

I looked at the whole thing, I don't see anything that's not normal about it compared to what we've seen over the past four years  

Please feel free to post something that shows otherwise

(09-16-2022, 04:23 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Shouldn't those seats be teal, not blue.

Why? Does ticketmaster have teal in their logo or branding?

Thats not the visitors side. Thats the home side

The biggest reason its there is as many tickets left is because we are playing the Colts. The look at the Giants game and some of the games out of the division and there have already been way more tickets sold

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2022, 10:57 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Are we sure the inflation/declining economy issue isn’t factoring in on this?

I think this has a lot to do with it in addition to the decade of incompetence.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I’ll be at the game but I also have 2 tickets for sale in section 410. I’ll give a very reasonable price to a fellow Jags fan. They are aisle seats (1&2).

(09-16-2022, 01:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote: The same 40-45k base will be there along with about another 5-10k stragglers, as usual. There has been a false narrative that the football fans in this city can't get enough Jags. They have struggled for years now to exceed that base of 40-45k season ticket holders. Pitiful for city of almost a million.
The 40-45k base is shrinking. Lots of long time fans have given up as it's not worth it anymore. It's hot and the team sucks normally. People may come back if they finally start looking competitive but people have had enough with promises. It's now show me it before I pay instead of I trust it has to get better.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(09-17-2022, 03:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 01:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote: The same 40-45k base will be there along with about another 5-10k stragglers, as usual. There has been a false narrative that the football fans in this city can't get enough Jags. They have struggled for years now to exceed that base of 40-45k season ticket holders. Pitiful for city of almost a million.
The 40-45k base is shrinking. Lots of long time fans have given up as it's not worth it anymore. It's hot and the team sucks normally. People may come back if they finally start looking competitive but people have had enough with promises. It's now show me it before I pay instead of I trust it has to get better.

This too applies.  Read the sig, I am 59 and the youngest person in my former tailgate crew.  As such I am the only one still working full time.  Everyone else is retired and on a fixed income.  The early season games are brutally hot, then there is the constant losing year after year.  1.  We did our time carrying the load for the decade of suck, you generationally Jag fans need to step up.  2.  The cost of a single game has gone from must be there, to how can we afford this.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-16-2022, 10:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was at the playoffs game against the Bills.  Maybe the best atmosphere I've ever been in amd I've been in some good ones at some Gator games as well.  I'll be there Sunday, hopefully we have a good game

The Bills playoff game was nuts. The best atmosphere game I’ve ever been to was the game we trounced Miami 62-7.

Good news its not going to be that hot tomorrow!

Did you notice last week there was a ton of empty seats at washingtons stadium also.

Another reason is because some of those original ticket holders are almost 30 years older now and might not get around as good as they once could.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 09:03 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-16-2022, 08:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Even with new hope in a proven HC and a franchise QB, a decade of losses appears to have lead to a Jaguars fan base no longer willing to attend games.  Check out the empty seats (in blue) which represent tickets that have gone unsold for the Jags vs Colts home opener.  Just click on the link below, then click on any section, then scroll out to view the entire seating diagram illustrating available seating.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/jacksonvill...lsrc=aw.ds

Winning solves everything. The team has been losers for years now. 5-30 our last 35 games. The good news is 3 of those wins were against the Colts.

(09-16-2022, 08:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Even with new hope in a proven HC and a franchise QB, a decade of losses appears to have lead to a Jaguars fan base no longer willing to attend games.  Check out the empty seats (in blue) which represent tickets that have gone unsold for the Jags vs Colts home opener.  Just click on the link below, then click on any section, then scroll out to view the entire seating diagram illustrating available seating.

Empty Seats Huh! 

What most people doesn't realize is that the capacity attendance includes Club Seating (indoor sports bar atmosphere), Cabana Seating etc. How about we concentrate on the overall attendance to which has been an Consistent 60,000 - 65,000 fans in attendance for the past several years regardless of the play on the field. Will the empty seats be filled.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

You have to remember the youngest original ST holders are in their 50s now. The older ones, like my dad, are in their 70s and above and have health/medical issues, are on a fixed income and can no longer afford them, or they might be dead. 

The kids of these folks (like myself) may not even live in the state anymore. I'm not buying ST to games I can't attend.

(09-17-2022, 07:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 10:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was at the playoffs game against the Bills.  Maybe the best atmosphere I've ever been in amd I've been in some good ones at some Gator games as well.  I'll be there Sunday, hopefully we have a good game

The Bills playoff game was nuts. The best atmosphere game I’ve ever been to was the game we trounced Miami 62-7.

I second this.

Unfortunately, the worst atmosphere game came the following week.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Winning solves everything.

When they put shade in the seats I think that will help. Also, disposable income has diminished for a lot people. No one wants to spend stadium priced money in the heat just to watch the Jaguars lay an egg again. Win and that all changes…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-17-2022, 09:08 PM)NH3 Wrote:

Empty Seats Huh! 

What most people doesn't realize is that the capacity attendance includes Club Seating (indoor sports bar atmosphere), Cabana Seating etc. How about we concentrate on the overall attendance to which has been an Consistent 60,000 - 65,000 fans in attendance for the past several years regardless of the play on the field. Will the empty seats be filled.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

It was based on ticket sales -- did you even look at the seat map showing what tickets were still available?  Those blue bubbles represent tickets that were never purchased.

the amount of fans there doesn't matter. The jags fans who are there need to show some passion,and fire like this. 

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=37336

if its just a few fans  more ntense fire for the team. the louder fans need to be for the team.   its that simple.

rather few jags fans,or lots of jags fans there each,and everyweek  they need to show that fire ,and passion.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-17-2022, 11:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You have to remember the youngest original ST holders are in their 50s now. The older ones, like my dad, are in their 70s and above and have health/medical issues, are on a fixed income and can no longer afford them, or they might be dead. 

The kids of these folks (like myself) may not even live in the state anymore. I'm not buying ST to games I can't attend.

I agree with you and the guy that posted basically the same thing above.

(09-17-2022, 05:58 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 03:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The 40-45k base is shrinking. Lots of long time fans have given up as it's not worth it anymore. It's hot and the team sucks normally. People may come back if they finally start looking competitive but people have had enough with promises. It's now show me it before I pay instead of I trust it has to get better.

This too applies.  Read the sig, I am 59 and the youngest person in my former tailgate crew.  As such I am the only one still working full time.  Everyone else is retired and on a fixed income.  The early season games are brutally hot, then there is the constant losing year after year.  1.  We did our time carrying the load for the decade of suck, you generationally Jag fans need to step up.  2.  The cost of a single game has gone from must be there, to how can we afford this.

This is the first season I am not a ticket-holder. In my particular case, there are two particular reasons. Number 1, the weather. Until they get shade in the stadium, there are at least 3-4 games that are very hot. Those in attendance today may get a break as the temperature will remain in the 80's. However, there is about a 50% chance of thunderstorms meaning today could be a miserable game-day experience with 40-50,000 fans having to take cover away from lightening. Not my idea of a great time. Your point about the past decade "of suck" is right on target. As a long-time fan, I did not want the city to lose this team. Many of the home games this past decade have been painful to watch, however I felt the need to actively support the team by attending. Although health is not my reason for passing this season, I feel the young people need to step up. Of course, many cannot afford the high price of tickets and food. Hopefully the ones who can afford it will attend. I believe this season will be the start of a Jaguars resurgence under the leadership of Pederson. Those who attend will see mostly entertaining and close games. In my case, however, I'd rather watch at home with friends.

water should be free

(09-18-2022, 01:32 PM)paksat Wrote: water should be free

It is free at the water fountains