Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I vote for Dewey Wingard to start at SS

(11-29-2022, 12:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I disagree. Smith was bad for all football related stuff; Meyer was bad because he's a scumbag.

The impact of Urb was only for 1 year and TBH resulted in us getting Doug Pederson which is great for the long term.

Gene killed this team for ~ 10 years with his idiotic drafts and free agent acquisitions.

It's kind of like comparing OJ to Ted Bundy.   OJ seemed worse and is more memorable but Ted Bundy caused much more pain with his 20+ killings (as did Gene Smith killing this team over the course of many years).

Yeah, as bad as Urban Fired was i'd rather endure 11 games of him as hc than Gene Smiths tenure as a GM or even Gus Bradleys 4-5 years as HC tbh.

Ofc if it was the same time frame i'd take the others.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-28-2022, 01:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dewey knows that Somebody's gotta say it.

Urban Meyer is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Jaguars.

Worse than Jeff Fisher.

Worse than Vacation Boy Ross.

Worse that Who Douglas.

Worse than the Pat's Referees.

Worse than Gene Smith.

Wrong.  Gene Smith destroyed this franchise for numerous years.

The year is 2016.  We have great potential and a defensive unit that looks to potentially be great.  

We decide to hire Tom Coughlin as our advisor for the following year.  2017 becomes one of the greatest years of any die hard Jaguar fan's life.  And that old frostbite nose, dead hearted, dinosaur of a coach decides it is time for him to stomp his foot onto the bead rock of the Jaguar Franchise.

Tom Coughlin.  The biggest piece of filth known to any true football player.  Tom Coughlin.  The man with the most angry heart of any human being that even a Golden Retriever puppy would tuck tail and drop a deuce on his grave.

I could go on and on.  But there is no other garbage front office [BLEEP] than Tom Coughlin.  

Gene Smith tried.  Gus Bradley Tried.  Tom Coughlin?  That dude will always be a stain on the organization.

I guess we should cheer him, because only through his utter destruction of our Front Office did we hit such rock bottom that we finally got a true Franchise QB.

But I don't credit him for being so awefull.  Tom Coughlin.  He took the pearl of 2017, dropped his pants, spooged all over it, and then told the fans we deserved it.  That guy is the worst person I've ever seen in this organization.

the last 3 games jags are 2-1  2 games they had wingard start vs raiders,and ravans. Jags won both. Chiefs game wingard didn't start,and jags lost by 10.  Jags need to start Wingard all the time. 

He is better then peple give him credit for.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2022, 01:29 PM by Mikey.)

(11-29-2022, 12:12 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Worse that Who Douglas.

Fun Facts: 

Hugh Douglas got his first 3 sacks against the Jaguars way back in 1995 in a week 3 game of the Jaguars at Jets.

The Jets spent a 1st round pick on Douglas and Kyle Brady that year. Brady also got his 1st TD against the Jags in that same game. 

Both players would later play for the Jags.

"play" is being used very loosely for one of those guys.

(11-29-2022, 01:21 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: the last 3 games jags are 2-1  2 games they had wingard start vs raiders,and ravans. Jags won both. Chiefs game wingard didn't start,and jags lost by 10.  Jags need to start Wingard all the time. 

He is better then peple give him credit for.

using this line of thinking, we will never lose again if we just keep starting Muma until he's 83

Hes better than Jenkins tbh

(11-29-2022, 05:06 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hes better than Jenkins tbh

He's basically a cheaper Jenkins with less coverage ability. 
Jenkins is not good in coverage either - but Wingard is worse. 

In the box they are both solid.

Dewey had a good day in the big nickel role.

i still can't understand how Lawrence is so low on PFF. it's ridiculous.

(11-29-2022, 05:26 PM)icey14 Wrote: i  still can't understand how Lawrence is so low on PFF. it's ridiculous.

Pff gives big penalties for consecutive bad games and big boosts when you string together a lot of good games. He's risen like 10 spots and 10 points over the last 3 weeks. If he has another good game against the lions he's gonna move significantly again.

(11-29-2022, 05:26 PM)icey14 Wrote: i  still can't understand how Lawrence is so low on PFF. it's ridiculous.

He did fumble twice yesterday (losing one of them), I'm sure that's why his number isn't higher.

(11-29-2022, 07:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

He did fumble twice yesterday (losing one of them), I'm sure that's why his number isn't higher.

A few passes to Zay got away from him as well.

(11-29-2022, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He did fumble twice yesterday (losing one of them), I'm sure that's why his number isn't higher.

A few passes to Zay got away from him as well.

That's not going to ding his PFF score on the day when he completed 78% of his attempts.

(11-29-2022, 12:56 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wrong.  Gene Smith destroyed this franchise for numerous years.

The year is 2016.  We have great potential and a defensive unit that looks to potentially be great.  

We decide to hire Tom Coughlin as our advisor for the following year.  2017 becomes one of the greatest years of any die hard Jaguar fan's life.  And that old frostbite nose, dead hearted, dinosaur of a coach decides it is time for him to stomp his foot onto the bead rock of the Jaguar Franchise.

Tom Coughlin.  The biggest piece of filth known to any true football player.  Tom Coughlin.  The man with the most angry heart of any human being that even a Golden Retriever puppy would tuck tail and drop a deuce on his grave.

I could go on and on.  But there is no other garbage front office [BLEEP] than Tom Coughlin.  

Gene Smith tried.  Gus Bradley Tried.  Tom Coughlin?  That dude will always be a stain on the organization.

I guess we should cheer him, because only through his utter destruction of our Front Office did we hit such rock bottom that we finally got a true Franchise QB.

But I don't credit him for being so awefull.  Tom Coughlin.  He took the pearl of 2017, dropped his pants, spooged all over it, and then told the fans we deserved it.  That guy is the worst person I've ever seen in this organization.

Not even sure where to start with this one.  I admit, Coughlin may not have been the guy, but good grief, they were one bad call away from going to the Super Bowl.  Not only that, but his tenure as the HC is impressive as well.  He got that ring, btw as the Giants HC.  Was it really Coughlin?  Or the butt hurt player(s)?

(11-29-2022, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 12:56 PM)carp8dm Wrote: The year is 2016.  We have great potential and a defensive unit that looks to potentially be great.  

Not even sure where to start with this one.  I admit, Coughlin may not have been the guy, but good grief, they were one bad call away from going to the Super Bowl.  Not only that, but his tenure as the HC is impressive as well.  He got that ring, btw as the Giants HC.  Was it really Coughlin?  Or the butt hurt player(s)?

I don't agree with much of the vitriol in that post, but Coughlin played a role in killing a winning window this team had cracked open due to a collection of defensive talent.

He doubled down on Bortles - spent a #4 pick on a RB - and alienated several players. (the latter being something he's done repeatedly throughout his career) 

He was not the right hire to oversee Caldwell. 

I respect him for his accomplishments, and I love his charitable work, but he did a horrible job as our football operations chief.
Managing young millionaires is part of the job and he sucks at that aspect in a major way.

(11-29-2022, 07:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Not even sure where to start with this one.  I admit, Coughlin may not have been the guy, but good grief, they were one bad call away from going to the Super Bowl.  Not only that, but his tenure as the HC is impressive as well.  He got that ring, btw as the Giants HC.  Was it really Coughlin?  Or the butt hurt player(s)?

I don't agree with much of the vitriol in that post, but Coughlin played a role in killing a winning window this team had cracked open due to a collection of defensive talent.

He doubled down on Bortles - spent a #4 pick on a RB - and alienated several players. (the latter being something he's done repeatedly throughout his career) 

I respect him for his accomplishments, and I love his charitable work, but he did a horrible job as our football operations chief.
Managing young millionaires is part of the job and he sucks at that aspect in a major way.

Certainly won’t argue the doubling down on BB.  That was flat out BS.  The dude is old school.  I understand that and I also understand that the world does not fall in line with a man of his age’s thinking or methodology.  If we back the clock up 10 or so years ago and had the 2017 team… congrats on the SB!!!  I’m not old school, I’m not new age, weak, woke.  I’m in between and completely understand the necessity for the harder upbringing. I do feel lessons can be learned from a guy like Coughlin and todays world doesn’t really allow it.  Sucks.  If everyone was all on the same page we’d be champs.

(11-29-2022, 07:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Not even sure where to start with this one.  I admit, Coughlin may not have been the guy, but good grief, they were one bad call away from going to the Super Bowl.  Not only that, but his tenure as the HC is impressive as well.  He got that ring, btw as the Giants HC.  Was it really Coughlin?  Or the butt hurt player(s)?

Doubling down on Bortles was one thing, but him then throwing away $50m on Foles the following year was the real mistake.

(11-29-2022, 07:52 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't agree with much of the vitriol in that post, but Coughlin played a role in killing a winning window this team had cracked open due to a collection of defensive talent.

Certainly won’t argue the doubling down on BB.  That was flat out BS.  The dude is old school.  I understand that and I also understand that the world does not fall in line with a man of his age’s thinking or methodology.  If we back the clock up 10 or so years ago and had the 2017 team… congrats on the SB!!!  I’m not old school, I’m not new age, weak, woke.  I’m in between and completely understand the necessity for the harder upbringing. I do feel lessons can be learned from a guy like Coughlin and todays world doesn’t really allow it.  Sucks.  If everyone was all on the same page we’d be champs.

I've got a heavy old fashioned streak and don't agree with the diva style antics that many young athletes are prone to -- but that isn't the point here. 

The point is that someone in his position HAS TO be able to manage those types of personalities in order to retain talent and keep teams on mission. 

He couldn't do that. 

The days of a hard-nosed- old-school disciplinarian in this league are long gone whether you, I, or anyone like it. 

It's a drag - but he was the wrong guy for the job and that was a big reason why.

(11-29-2022, 08:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:52 PM)Jags Wrote: Certainly won’t argue the doubling down on BB.  That was flat out BS.  The dude is old school.  I understand that and I also understand that the world does not fall in line with a man of his age’s thinking or methodology.  If we back the clock up 10 or so years ago and had the 2017 team… congrats on the SB!!!  I’m not old school, I’m not new age, weak, woke.  I’m in between and completely understand the necessity for the harder upbringing. I do feel lessons can be learned from a guy like Coughlin and todays world doesn’t really allow it.  Sucks.  If everyone was all on the same page we’d be champs.

I've got a heavy old fashioned streak and don't agree with the diva style antics that many young athletes are prone to -- but that isn't the point here. 

The point is that someone in his position HAS TO be able to manage those types of personalities in order to retain talent and keep teams on mission. 

He couldn't do that. 

The days of a hard-nosed- old-school disciplinarian in this league are long gone whether you, I, or anyone like it. 

It's a drag - but he was the wrong guy for the job and that was a big reason why.

I do not disagree with any of this.  I guess it’s the old timer in me and the nostalgia of having Coughlin back that makes it hard for me.  I understand young players these days are different than in the years past.  Times have changed, no doubt.  That’s why I said “back it up 10 years or so” and we’d have a championship.  Could’ve would’ve should’ve…. Coughlin will be remembered as a great coach despite his VP role being a dud.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2022, 10:21 PM by Caldrac.)

https://youtu.be/0pFjjYTvq_Y

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(11-29-2022, 12:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I disagree. Smith was bad for all football related stuff; Meyer was bad because he's a scumbag.

The impact of Urb was only for 1 year and TBH resulted in us getting Doug Pederson which is great for the long term.

Gene killed this team for ~ 10 years with his idiotic drafts and free agent acquisitions.

It's kind of like comparing OJ to Ted Bundy.   OJ seemed worse and is more memorable but Ted Bundy caused much more pain with his 20+ killings (as did Gene Smith killing this team over the course of many years).
This is my favorite type of analogy.

Nailed it.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-29-2022, 10:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://youtu.be/0pFjjYTvq_Y

Rich taking shots at Urbs will never get old LOL. Let em know Rich.