Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Shad Khan is ready to fire Trent Balke (Rumor)

(12-08-2022, 08:18 PM)MyKids Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:53 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: People who think he's the worst owner ever should read up on Snyder, Haslam, and Kroenke....

For every Kraft, Rooney, Packers Inc., Jones, Bowlen, Bisciotti, and Allen, we have a Snyder, Johnson, Haslam, Ford, and Brown.

The things shared in common by the worst owners include putting out an awful or subpar product, constant losing seasons, constant interference in the team’s football operations (with some being their own GMs, and is made worse if they don’t know anything about football), alienating their longtime fans, clashing with the coaches or players, having a toxic work environment, and others. Guess who makes that list? The clown himself Khan.

Shad Khan is slowly going to the worst list. Only 1 season of success due to hiring the wrong people and holding them too long, and also hiring Urban Meyer LMAO!!!!!!

cite your source on direct quotes, but if I had to guess, Alfie's blog?
Again, "least successful" is not "worst".

I grew up in Cleveland. The franchise enjoyed success, but was run by a [bleep]heel of an owner. If you disagreed with him, or didn't want to play for pennies, you were out, no matter how good you may have been (Paul Brown, Marty Schottenheimer, Earnest Byner come to mind immediately). He did little to build up the community, especially if it didn't yield a return. When the city finally decided they weren't going to foot the bill for his new playground, he took his ball and left, with no concern for city, fans, players, or anything else, other than his dollars. 

Gimme Shad any day of the week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-09-2022, 12:09 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 11:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shahid Khan just spent a record amount of money in free agency to jumpstart this team, hired a superbowl winning coach who is universally loved among fans, has kept his word about his commitment to Jacksonville despite so many idiots doubting him for no reason, has poured funding into developing downtown Jacksonville, has fostered the growth of multiple new businesses in Jacksonville adding jobs and fostering the local economy, and we still have clowns tripping over their own genitals in a rush the bash the guy.

It's pitiful.

He is very guilty of hiring the wrong people to run his football team repeatedly.
And that's it.

Right now the team seems in a much, much better place with the only question marks hovering around the GM and the defensive coordinator.

The struggles of the team this season originally centered around the offense and now are firmly centered around the defense.
How much of it is  about missing talent and how much is due to scheme and defensive coaching is unknown, but they are both an issue. How fans are watching that development and turning it into hate for the owner is a total mystery.

Dude lets get real. At the end of the day the results are what matters.  Khan has one season at .500 or better since owning the team. Khan is good at building swimming pools and big Screens but does not have the know how to run a successful football operation. A real owner would fire Trent Baalke when you consider the amount of firepower he had going into this season. I can almost guarantee that Khan will take little to no action basing it on his past. Dave Caldwell had losing season after losing season while we only got excuses about it. Gus had years to run his ice cream buffet here. Shad does not know how to get the right personal in place. He can sell car parts but a football team is out of his realm.

I personally would rather see a new owner and take my chances with the team moving. I want an owner who knows how to hire the right personal to obtain a decent football team.Khan is too loyal letting losers run the franchise pushing us back years. We need a guy who can see things are not working and make the hard choice to fire personal when needed.  I for one and so sick of seeing this team lose year in and year out under Khans leadership. The one thing this team has been consistent with under Shad is Losing. Facts are facts lets cut the bs.

Simple question, if we had a better record, but the owner was a [BLEEP], you'd be more willing to give benefit of the doubt?

Chargers won tons of games, how do you think San Diego feels and felt about Dean Spanos? (Hint: he wasn't well liked even before the move, regardless of their record)

(12-09-2022, 12:32 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 12:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes - Let's get real

Results matter and teams in this league go through much worse droughts than the Jags are enduring  - and the Jags are currently on an improving path anyway. 

Many owners don't how to run a football team and many of them didn't figure out how to hire the right people to do it immediately either. We are no different. 

A real owner is doesn't bend to the half-informed, petulant whims of fans about team management. They evaluate on their own schedule. Especially when the results of the management in question are still playing out in front of our eyes and are yet undetermined. Unless you are so impatient and short sighted that you think the 2022 draft is all busts. 

The facts, as they are, is that all you are doing is blaming the wrong person. Khan has failed to hire the right combination of manager and coach for several years, but he now has the coach in place and we may not know for some time if he has a worthy GM paired with him. I'll wait another year for that to play out, because we finally have a QB, we finally have a coach and many of Baalke's moves have worked out fine. You go ahead and jump the shark in blaming the wrong people prematurely. 

I'll keep a calm head about it.
Come on dude. We have been on this ride several times and can see the train wreck coming. Most knew after year 2 gus was not the guy and Shad gave him 2 more years. Most knew Dave was not the guy after 3-4 years and Shad gave him 7. 

He has been evaluating on his own schedule. The results show that is not working. There is not a reason anyone sensible should trust his football knowledge to begin with at this point. I do not have confidence Shad will get us a consistent winner here. It's not jumping the shark when we have seen this same show too many times.

Tge time to win is now while the QB is on his rookie deal. If Baalke gets another season to blow it we are in a hole. After that we are paying the QB 9 figures and trying to rebuild from Baalke's mess.

substitute "knew" with "projected" and your statement is more accurate.

many of these same people "knew" Urban was gonna make us a winner because all he did in college was win. The same people knew that QB was solved when we signed Foles because he was a SB-winning QB who outplayed the Pats.

....Just what GM do you think is going to sign on to lead a team that demonstrates a short fuse (Urbz didn't last a year, Baalke gets two at most), has no cap room, has a roster that is at best average, has a recently-signed coach that is not likely going anywhere (or you start off with an unpopular move), and the team has little history of sound hirings before you?

Yes, we have Trevor. Outside of that, there's little to attract someone that wouldn't have the chance to completely build a team in their own design. I guess if you're not as ambitious, our limitations may make the first few years simpler, but very few GM candidates would be described as tail-draggers.

I've had my criticism of Shad Khan. I had the tendency of misspelling his name as Shat Con. Lol. I thought I was pretty clever.

But the bottom line is that he's a top 10 owner dealing with a bottom 5 market/franchise.

He's been trying to figure out how to turn it around. And he finally fell butt backwards into a franchise QB.

He then figured he'd give these jorts wearing, mullet headed, southern hicks their guy and hired University of Florida legend Urban Meyer.

He then realized his mistake and corrected it in season.

Next, the most vocal part of the fan base was screaming for Leftwich. He made the right move and got Pederson.

While baalke is still here, the HC and QB are quintessential to success. Shad fell into the QB.

But to ignore the fact that he hired Pederson is disingenuous.

You have to credit Khan as an owner. He's inexperienced. But he's beginning to figure it out. I'm happy he's our owner when you look at the other owners on the League.

(12-09-2022, 10:22 AM)carp8dm Wrote: I've had my criticism of Shad Khan.  I had the tendency of misspelling his name as Shat Con.  Lol.  I thought I was pretty clever.

But the bottom line is that he's a top 10 owner dealing with a bottom 5 market/franchise.

He's been trying to figure out how to turn it around.  And he finally fell butt backwards into a franchise QB. 

He then figured he'd give these jorts wearing, mullet headed, southern hicks their guy and hired University of Florida legend Urban Meyer. 

Next,  the most vocal part of the fan base was screaming for Leftwich.  He made the right move and got Pederson.

While baalke is still here,  the HC and QB are quintessential to success.  Shad fell into the QB. 

You have to credit Khan as an owner.  He's inexperienced.  But he's beginning to figure it out.  I'm happy he's our owner when you look at the other owners on the League.

I would have thought he was a moron if he hired Leftwich. I still don't understand how anyone thought that was a good idea. The guy was an OC for like 3 or 4 years, and his only good offensive seasons came with Tom Brady lol.

(12-09-2022, 02:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 10:22 AM)carp8dm Wrote: I've had my criticism of Shad Khan.  I had the tendency of misspelling his name as Shat Con.  Lol.  I thought I was pretty clever.

He's been trying to figure out how to turn it around.  And he finally fell butt backwards into a franchise QB. 

Next,  the most vocal part of the fan base was screaming for Leftwich.  He made the right move and got Pederson.

While baalke is still here,  the HC and QB are quintessential to success.  Shad fell into the QB. 

You have to credit Khan as an owner.  He's inexperienced.  But he's beginning to figure it out.  I'm happy he's our owner when you look at the other owners on the League.

I would have thought he was a moron if he hired Leftwich. I still don't understand how anyone thought that was a good idea. The guy was an OC for like 3 or 4 years, and his only good offensive seasons came with Tom Brady lol.

In 2019 he coached Famous Jameis to 40 TDs, though 7 of them were to the other team.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-09-2022, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 02:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I would have thought he was a moron if he hired Leftwich. I still don't understand how anyone thought that was a good idea. The guy was an OC for like 3 or 4 years, and his only good offensive seasons came with Tom Brady lol.

In 2019 he coached Famous Jameis to 40 TDs, though 7 of them were to the other team.
How many Ints?

I never said worse I said he is a bad owner, especially looking at the results. When he fired Urban Meyer he should of started with a clean slate. He chose to keep Baalke. The team again is going to have another losing season. I for one will never call anyone a good owner who consistently provides losing teams. It always starts with the top.

Alot of finger pointing going on

(12-09-2022, 06:09 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Alot of finger pointing going on

Allegedly. Right now it's more than likely people flicking boogers off their fingers and hoping it sticks.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-09-2022, 06:09 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Alot of finger pointing going on

Fun fact. 

The Jags have been historically bad under Shad Khan.  The only common denominator is Shad Khan. He seems like a nice guy while caring about the team. It just seems to be out of his league to obtain success in the NFL.  He is a great salesmen and very smart business man. That does not mean he has the Know how to run a successful Sports organization.  I really do hope I am wrong. I hope to come back this time next year with you guys telling me I was wrong. I just cannot currently see that happening.

So I’m curious how we know hiring Pederson was ‘the right move’?  The 4-8 record?  The DC hire?  The great 4th quarters the team has played?  Oh, I know, the way we followed the Ravens win with a strong game against the Lions.

Regardless of who was or wasn’t hired, what I’ve seen so far gives me no reason to be sure that ‘Pederson was the right choice’.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-09-2022, 09:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

So I’m curious how we know hiring Pederson was ‘the right move’?  The 4-8 record?  The DC hire?  The great 4th quarters the team has played?  Oh, I know, the way we followed the Ravens win with a strong game against the Lions.

Regardless of who was or wasn’t hired, what I’ve seen so far gives me no reason to be sure that ‘Pederson was the right choice’.

Pederson was absolutely the right choice. If you can't see how much better our offense is currently you're crazy. Defensively it's not hard to imagine them struggling considering the amount of young/new players mixed with a coach who never called defense. If theres anything Doug has done wrong so far, it's definitely not picking a veteran DC.

(12-09-2022, 10:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 09:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So I’m curious how we know hiring Pederson was ‘the right move’?  The 4-8 record?  The DC hire?  The great 4th quarters the team has played?  Oh, I know, the way we followed the Ravens win with a strong game against the Lions.

Pederson was absolutely the right choice. If you can't see how much better our offense is currently you're crazy. Defensively it's not hard to imagine them struggling considering the amount of young/new players mixed with a coach who never called defense. If theres anything Doug has done wrong so far, it's definitely not picking a veteran DC.

If you say so.  So you’re comparing Myer’s offense with…anybody?  That’s your basis?  LOL.  I would have been an improvement over Myer. Saying definitively that Pederson ‘was the right choice’ at this point is so jumping the gun.  But you’re good at that.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 10:52 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-09-2022, 10:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 10:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Pederson was absolutely the right choice. If you can't see how much better our offense is currently you're crazy. Defensively it's not hard to imagine them struggling considering the amount of young/new players mixed with a coach who never called defense. If theres anything Doug has done wrong so far, it's definitely not picking a veteran DC.

If you say so.  So you’re comparing Myer’s offense with…anybody?  That’s your basis?  LOL.  I would have been an improvement over Myer. Saying definitively that Pederson ‘was the right choice’ at this point is so jumping the gun.  But you’re good at that.

I take it you were one of the people who thought Leftwich was a good candidate? guy couldn't even get the job at his current location over Todd Bowles. Dude beat Brady in the Bowl with flippin Nick Foles. And are we really gonna blame him for the downfall of the Eagles under Carson Wentz who has proven to be pretty terrible?

(12-09-2022, 10:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 10:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: If you say so.  So you’re comparing Myer’s offense with…anybody?  That’s your basis?  LOL.  I would have been an improvement over Myer. Saying definitively that Pederson ‘was the right choice’ at this point is so jumping the gun.  But you’re good at that.

I take it you were one of the people who thought Leftwich was a good candidate? guy couldn't even get the job at his current location over Todd Bowles. Dude beat Brady in the Bowl with flippin Nick Foles. And are we really gonna blame him for the downfall of the Eagles under Carson Wentz who has proven to be pretty terrible?

We’re talking about this year.  We’re not talking about what he did in the past.  Follow?  And in case you didn’t comprehend my first post.  I don’t care who we DIDN’T hire, proclaiming him ‘the right choice’ is way premature.

(12-09-2022, 10:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 10:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I take it you were one of the people who thought Leftwich was a good candidate? guy couldn't even get the job at his current location over Todd Bowles. Dude beat Brady in the Bowl with flippin Nick Foles. And are we really gonna blame him for the downfall of the Eagles under Carson Wentz who has proven to be pretty terrible?

We’re talking about this year.  We’re not talking about what he did in the past.  Follow?  And in case you didn’t comprehend my first post.  I don’t care who we DIDN’T hire, proclaiming him ‘the right choice’ is way premature.

Well I guess time will tell, I'm not trying to pursuade you to a different opinion you're free to feel how you wish. I personally wanted him to be hired, I'm glad we didn't fall for the nostalgia trip with Byron and i'm glad he's our headcoach.

Doug Pederson was the right choice, too bad it wasn't done a year earlier.

(12-09-2022, 04:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: In 2019 he coached Famous Jameis to 40 TDs, though 7 of them were to the other team.
How many Ints?

30. I understand why you think that's Leftwich's fault.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-10-2022, 05:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Doug Pederson was the right choice, too bad it wasn't done a year earlier.

(12-09-2022, 04:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How many Ints?

30. I understand why you think that's Leftwich's fault.

Lawrence is being properly brought along, and that's the most important thing. Even if, for some reason, Pederson is eventually shown the door, having someone that knows how to groom a young and talented QB is the most important thing.

Trevor through this season has continually looked better and better. He's not mid-career Peyton Manning yet, but he's clearly growing in his ability to understand what he's seeing on the field, and showing an ability to make good and quick decisions on where to throw.

He's 12 games into the season and he has 17 TDs when he had 12 all of last year. He also only had 6 ints this season so far. Pederson is clearly what Trevor needed.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 10:54 AM by Jag88.)

Pederson was a great choice. This team has improved. Everyone is in panic mode because of the lions game, but the rest of the season has been solid and could have been a lot different with all those tight losses.