Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Caldwell Discussion Thread (Terminated)

(01-08-2024, 08:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 07:56 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Fired

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744508566734545152

Wow, Love the start. Lets keep it rolling.

(01-08-2024, 08:19 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I think we should consider a move back to a 4-3.

Yes, and put Walker inside at DT. I think he could wreck Havok.

Not enough weight for a 4-3 DT but probably an excellent 4-3 DE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2024, 09:06 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 08:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Wow, Love the start. Lets keep it rolling.

Yes, and put Walker inside at DT. I think he could wreck Havok.

Not enough weight for a 4-3 DT but probably an excellent 4-3 DE.

He is already 271. He could bulk up another 20 pounds.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 09:23 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(01-08-2024, 07:56 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Fired

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744508566734545152

But but but it was the players!!! how is he suppose to make them faster, stronger or make them play better? he was only the DC!!!

This is great news tbh

(01-08-2024, 08:19 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I think we should consider a move back to a 4-3.

Please!! stop the bs!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I think Caldwell's replacement will be somebody like Ron Rivera, Don Martindale or even Jim Leonhard out of Wisconsin/Illinois.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-08-2024, 08:08 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Feel sorry for Buckner. Did a pretty good job with Dline considering what he has to with. Career year for Allen and 10 sacks for Walker.

Did he work with them? Allen and Walker have always been listed as linebackers.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Honestly getting Ron Rivera ain’t a bad idea, but he’s nuts.

(01-08-2024, 09:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think Caldwell's replacement will be somebody like Ron Rivera, Don Martindale or even Jim Leonhard out of Wisconsin/Illinois.

Rivera is a recent cancer survivor. Thinking that he might take some time for himself and his family.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

What if we got Staley hahahahahah

(01-08-2024, 09:47 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Honestly getting Ron Rivera ain’t a bad idea,  but he’s nuts.
It’s a horrible idea. Dude is a dinosaur.

Wink would be fine but Rivera would be so bad.

I feel bad for Caldwell and staff. They aren't incompetent. When the D was firing on all cylinders in the first half of the season, they were some of the best in the league. For some reason, they just couldn't maintain and fell flat in exactly the wrong game. Had we won the division and lost the first playoff game, they would still be employed. Caldwell will find a home somewhere else. Notwithstanding the last half of this season, he left a respectable body of work here. This was an opportunity for him to learn.

JDR anyone? no? ok then.

Being a bit more serious:

Joe Cullen - He was better at the end of the season and who knows how much Meyer affected this guy. He did great with the Ravens and now with the Chiefs, should have kept the guy imo.
Anthony Weaver from the Ravens
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-08-2024, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I feel bad for Caldwell and staff. They aren't incompetent. When the D was firing on all cylinders in the first half of the season, they were some of the best in the league. For some reason, they just couldn't maintain and fell flat in exactly the wrong game. Had we won the division and lost the first playoff game, they would still be employed. Caldwell will find a home somewhere else. Notwithstanding the last half of this season, he left a respectable body of work here. This was an opportunity for him to learn.

The secondary was still terrible. The only thing that this defense was good at was creating turnovers. That just isn't sustainable.

Can we get some young hip/former player/commands respect DC? Antonio Pierce vibe?

Jerod Mayo?

(01-08-2024, 10:16 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Can we get some young hip/former player/commands respect DC? Antonio Pierce vibe?

Jerod Mayo?

Ray Lewis. "YOU GIVE THAT HALF [BLEEP] EFFORT AND MISS ANOTHER TACKLE AND I'M GON STAB YOU!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I do find it interesting that the Giants stated earlier today that Wink would stay. Then, Wink resigns and hours later, Caldwell is let go.

Wink would bring some serious pedigree to this defense.

I also like Ejiro from Carolina.

This was needed. Hope the next one they bring in pushes the defense to the next level.

(01-08-2024, 09:47 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Honestly getting Ron Rivera ain’t a bad idea,  but he’s nuts.

Rather have Wink Martindale. Rivera would've been a good coordinator hire 10 years ago.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(01-08-2024, 10:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I do find it interesting that the Giants stated earlier today that Wink would stay. Then, Wink resigns and hours later, Caldwell is let go.

Wink would bring some serious pedigree to this defense.

I also like Ejiro from Carolina.

Yeah it’s an interesting coincidence

Mike Zimmer.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Caldwell is over party I guess