Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Caldwell Discussion Thread (Terminated)

(01-09-2024, 04:03 PM)surfon Wrote: I think firing the def cord warranted a new thread

Thought so myself....had to search for anything that said the DC was fired... found it on this thread

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ya know the more I think about, the more mad I get he fired the D staff, and fired our RB coach and ASsi o-line coach. Like seriously? How about our WR coach? Our OL coach? No accountability for Press…seriously?

Our D was ranked 7th on 3rd down, 4th in turnovers, Josh Travon Foye all had great years. Lack of interior DL talent was the problem, LACK OF OVERALL TALENT, why can’t the Khans have the balls to cut general Baalke?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 07:27 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(01-09-2024, 01:52 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There has to be after this collapse.  Hopefully Baalke goes.  Maybe they keep Rauscher because Doug and Rauscher says Baalke wouldnt give him enough on the oline.

If this man doesnt go to the Pats or get a HC gig.  He would be at the top of my list for DC

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...4599038342

That is fantastic news.  He's a good coach in my opinion.  They'll be hard pressed to find a better one.

The opinion over on Titans Talk is about 50-50.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-09-2024, 01:50 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Vrabel would be on my list for DC if he doesn't get a HC job. Not too late for a heel-face turn!

I would be shocked if he didn't get a HC job this year.

I'm glad the Titans fired him.  He was a really good coach. They are likely to get someone not as good.

So Wink is IN FLORIDA right now

(01-09-2024, 09:15 PM)MojoKing Wrote: So Wink is IN FLORIDA right now

[Image: dear-lord-baby-jesus-ricky-bobby.gif]

Getting Wink would make me feel a lot better. I still want Baalke gone, but that's not happening and I need good news to make me feel better.

I hope wink comes here just so that after the jags first bad defensive game I can come to this board and call him Stink Fartindale.

Why would we hire a game show host as DC? I mean, if we are going to go that route, let's at least get someone younger than 90.

https://youtu.be/Wn22Mx1Muy8?feature=shared
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-09-2024, 10:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 09:15 PM)MojoKing Wrote: So Wink is IN FLORIDA right now

[Image: dear-lord-baby-jesus-ricky-bobby.gif]

Haha

If we get Wink we have to get this man a monster NT.

(01-10-2024, 08:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we get Wink we have to get this man a monster NT.

That's imperative regardless of the coach.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Somebody needs to give Wink a nudge nudge to stop by the facilities in Jax while he’s in state.

(01-10-2024, 08:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 08:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we get Wink we have to get this man a monster NT.

That's imperative regardless of the coach.

True, but all his defenses had beasts NTs

FA or draft? Would love Michael Pierce.

(01-10-2024, 12:34 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

FA or draft? Would love Michael Pierce.

Pierce just got extended in Bal.

(01-09-2024, 07:12 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Ya know the more I think about, the more mad I get he fired the D staff, and fired our RB coach and ASsi o-line coach. Like seriously? How about our WR coach? Our OL coach? No accountability for Press…seriously?

Our D was ranked 7th on 3rd down, 4th in turnovers, Josh Travon Foye all had great years. Lack of interior DL talent was the problem, LACK OF OVERALL TALENT, why can’t the Khans have the balls to cut general Baalke?

Offense: 13th
Defense: 22nd

The bottom line is that Pederson saw Taylor execute the offense he wanted and the players didn't perform. Pederson saw Caldwell not execute the defense he wanted and the players didn't perform. If the assistant is doing what you want you don't fire him, if he's doing what you want without results you look at the players, because the system works.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-10-2024, 12:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 07:12 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Ya know the more I think about, the more mad I get he fired the D staff, and fired our RB coach and ASsi o-line coach. Like seriously? How about our WR coach? Our OL coach? No accountability for Press…seriously?

Offense: 13th

The bottom line is that Pederson saw Taylor execute the offense he wanted and the players didn't perform. Pederson saw Caldwell not execute the defense he wanted and the players didn't perform. If the assistant is doing what you want you don't fire him, if he's doing what you want without results you look at the players, because the system works.
Defense was better than excepted this year.

Offense underperformed this year. Caldwell should of get his job instead of Press [mod edit] Taylor lmao

(01-10-2024, 05:34 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Offense: 13th

Defense was better than excepted this year.

Offense underperformed this year. Caldwell should of get his job instead of Press fkn Taylor lmao

Then you had low expectations. The defense ranked 14th in 2022 and fell off a cliff this year. Sorry your perspective is based on your imagination instead of reality.