Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cap space for next season…

(03-02-2023, 04:02 PM)Jag149 Wrote: You guys do know they monitor this site.  If we all say go defense they will draft offense just to piss you off?

I mean monitoring the site doesn't mean this forum as any sway or effect on their decision making.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-02-2023, 05:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 04:02 PM)Jag149 Wrote: You guys do know they monitor this site.  If we all say go defense they will draft offense just to piss you off?

After the last two years, it's really hard to argue their process. When you're winning football games it cures everything. The reality is that as long as Pederson and Lawrence are on the same page and working together this team has really unlimited potential. 

It's insanely impressive, in just one year, how quickly things have changed. Baalke deserves a lot of credit as well. He had to go out, work with his scouting team, work with his salary cap, worth with a new coaching staff, all while facing a hefty amount of criticism. 

Some of it maybe fair, some of it probably not, as a lot of his fingerprints weren't directly responsible for what Dave Caldwell did. With that said. I can only really call out three decisions that are minor criticisms of mine. 

1. Drafting Walker Little in the 2nd RD and not playing him sooner. 
2. Extending Cam Robinson to a deal at LT which really sucks. 
3. Trading up to get a RB in last year's draft that really didn't show much as a rookie. 

If that's ALL I can complain about? We're doing [BLEEP] great! I can't really get that mad at the first two things that I listed because it's hard to predict where players will fall, and, again, you have to trust your process. It just leaves you in an awkward position this year with Taylor free to test the market and Robinson coming back from IR. 

Little also looked way more comfortable and quicker out there at LT down the stretch. Which is going to be my favorite camp battle this summer and it'll be interesting to see how Baalke and the staff respond to that inevitable question. "Who is playing LT and RT?". Will it be a fair competition or does it just go to Cam because of his contract situation?

I have a couple of things I'd add to your complaints list:
  • Forcing Williams into the nickel position and taking too long to move him outside after Shaq G flamed out
  • Not realizing Shaq G would flame out after his putrid 2021 effort 

But yeah, I'll take where we're at.  We're in a good position and the winning window is open. 
Not mad at Baalke RN.

Regarding the LT/RT conundrum, I think they first and foremost have to figure out which tackles are going to be on the roster and available before any left vs right and young talent vs Cam's contract decisions are made. 

Viable RT candidates are still up in the air, and Cam still has to come back from injury on schedule. 

I do hope they won't be afraid to put the better player at LT despite Cam's $$ if it comes to that.

So latest word is tagging Engram for $11.3 mil and cut/trade Griffin in the next few days for $13.1 mil. So about $2 mil net more space.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 07:47 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-02-2023, 10:21 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: So latest word is tagging Engram for $11.3 mil and cut/trade Griffin in the next few days for $13.1 mil.  So about $2 mil net more space.

If we can sign Engram to a long term deal, which I am sure they will, it would probably cut that $11.3 mil cap hit in half.

(03-02-2023, 10:21 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: So latest word is tagging Engram for $11.3 mil and cut/trade Griffin in the next few days for $13.1 mil.  So about $2 mil net more space.

Trade Griffin?

Man if we can move him for any pick. Woo. Hoo.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 05:25 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Now always.  Gene Smith and Alfie the idiot were always aligned with all of the horrible roster moves Gene transacted.

(03-02-2023, 04:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

That's why they took Walker over Hutch. Because most of us said to go Hutch

Thank God we used reverse psychology when all of us on this message board were promoting Zach Wilson as the Jags #1 pick.

We are currently 15 mil under so would give us 17 mil. Which puts us around 12th in available cap.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 06:48 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

I guess this kinda has to do with cap space.  Not sure how much credence I give to this, but what the hell…

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-j...ree-agency
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-04-2023, 06:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I guess this kinda has to do with cap space.  Not sure how much credence I give to this, but what the hell…

I would love Isiah Wynn

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 07:32 AM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-04-2023, 06:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I guess this kinda has to do with cap space.  Not sure how much credence I give to this, but what the hell…

Tonyan would be a solid, affordable addition imo. Especially with only two TE’s currently on the roster.

Does Calvin Ridley already against the cap or not until he's reinstated?

What will be his Cap # for 2023?
Jaguar since Day One . . . attended Hall of Fame Preseason Opener.

(03-05-2023, 11:09 AM)E.T. Wrote: Does Calvin Ridley already against the cap or not until he's reinstated?

What will be his Cap # for 2023?

Pretty sure he doesn't count against cap yet.

(03-05-2023, 12:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hard pass

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1...64385?s=20

For that type of money I wouldn't want him unless it really is the market price for that type of quality(or lack thereof). 

I wouldn't try to use Little on the right side other than in an emergency since I'd rather have him play on the left. The issue really is that Robinson needs to be on the roster due to his price tag. I hope he won't be a problem if Little wins the job.

(03-05-2023, 01:17 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 12:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hard pass

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1...64385?s=20

For that type of money I wouldn't want him unless it really is the market price for that type of quality(or lack thereof). 

I wouldn't try to use Little on the right side other than in an emergency since I'd rather have him play on the left. The issue really is that Robinson needs to be on the roster due to his price tag. I hope he won't be a problem if Little wins the job.

I was hoping they would get our TE signed up and put the non-exclusive franchise tag on Taylor. Let him test the market and see how much he can get.  At least we would get 2 first round picks if we didn't match the offer. Maybe they will...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

17 is too high for Taylor. Wouldn't do it. Some team will for certain because of the weak FA pot.

(03-05-2023, 02:59 PM)Jagulars Wrote: 17 is too high for Taylor. Wouldn't do it. Some team will for certain because of the weak FA pot.
The transition tag number is 17.5 mil, and franchise tag is 18.2 - so that's probably where Fowler is getting that range of numbers vs actually knowing anything about various teams' intentions. 

I'm not sure there are a number of teams that in love with the guy, but maybe. 
They'll definitely need to be a pass heavy team given his struggles in the run game.

Shocked 

(03-05-2023, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 02:59 PM)Jagulars Wrote: 17 is too high for Taylor. Wouldn't do it. Some team will for certain because of the weak FA pot.
The transition tag number is 17.5 mil, and franchise tag is 18.2 - so that's probably where Fowler is getting that range of numbers vs actually knowing anything about various teams' intentions. 

I'm not sure there are a number of teams that in love with the guy, but maybe. 
They'll definitely need to be a pass heavy team given his struggles in the run game.

That's the Titans out then ... We're edging closer...

And then there were 31!!!

No way in a million years would I pay anything even close to that for Taylor. Walker Little will do fine there, and we can draft one to compete for it also. Dude is good at pass blocking, but straight horse [BLEEP] against the run, not worth it. Please don't do it Jags.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 06:40 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-02-2023, 04:02 PM)Jag149 Wrote: You guys do know they monitor this site. If we all say go defense they will draft offense just to piss you off?

Is this a documented fact or just an assumption?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption