Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What does that draft say to you?

(04-30-2023, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 10:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: About where I am.  Some of these flyers are going to have to stick.

I thinki they had grand plans of moving up with all of the extra picks and it came back to smack them in the face.

The failure to move back up really bit them in the backside 

Baalke has said 15 teams turned down his attempts to trade back up. 

We have a glut of longshots and spent low capital in places we needed real help. 
Not ideal.

Do you get the sense that people don't want to work with Baalke?  Or maybe he just doesn't have a great understanding of how to value picks?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-30-2023, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 10:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: About where I am.  Some of these flyers are going to have to stick.

I thinki they had grand plans of moving up with all of the extra picks and it came back to smack them in the face.

The failure to move back up really bit them in the backside 

We have a glut of longshots and spent low capital in places we needed real help. 
Not ideal.
Agreed with you and Rico. It's the 88th, 121st and 208th picks. Bigsby, Miller and Hallett that will be interesting to watch this summer.

I think Bigsby is automatically safe because of the value there but as Yoda said. If he's not the clear #2 back in this offense? It's a massive fail. Even then? It's a fail on a surface level because you could have landed a more viable starter with more snap counts.

The Miller choice. Again. I need to know what the long term plans are now with Lloyd. Is he moving outside to rush the passer or what? Even then. He's the 3rd ILB behind Oluokon and Muma for a few years.

Hallett was overkill for me. I know it's nit picky considering the round, but, you pulled Johnson and Braswell already for the secondary with Wingard extended and Jenkins still under contract.

I wanted Kuntz at TE. To make up for bypassing on Washington. Kuntz is not the blocker type. Which is fine. Strange fits that role more anyway. BUT, we just have Engram, Strange and Farrell in the TE room. Kuntz or even Willis, who the 49ers picked up late would have been interesting fits to this offense and potentially 3rd string/4th string pieces.

Writing that out though? They DID take Parish at FB. So, maybe you don't need four tight ends active anymore on gamedays. That's fair.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

What does it say to me?

Analysis of individual picks aside, it say to me that there is not a list of good relationships for trade partners. I don’t believe that Baalke maximized return value on some of these trades and was unable to move up with the ammunition acquired in the trade backs.

Truthfully, I believe the plan was to trade back and save money based on the draft position of the players wanted in the early rounds, and use those savings to afford the contract of player(s) to be traded up for in Round 3. With the inability to trade up materializing, Baalke was forced to use the pick accumulated (aside from the one 4th which was traded for a 4th next year), the lack of due diligence on late round players became apparent.

Time will tell if this draft turns out to have been a win for us, but I’m not overly excited based on surface value. Hopefully I have a lot of crow to eat based on my opinion.

(04-29-2023, 11:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 08:21 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: My take. 

The first 3 picks were offense. It was clear that supporting the Qb was the top priority. I have no problem with the picks in these rounds.

The team is bringing in a ton of competition. Players like Devon Lloyd who appeared to be lost at times are going to feel the pressure. Competition is always good.

The team decided to take 13 swings this year. Will have some strike outs, base hits, and hopefully some home runs. I do not buy a ton of stock on where a player is drafted. Sure the odds drop of getting a starter in every round. There are also plenty of cases were great players drop in later rounds for stupid reasons. See Tom Brady 6th round or Jerry Rice dropping to 16th overall from a lackluster 40 yard time. There are plenty of other examples.

The team is comfortable with Herndon at nickle. Unless they make a move outside the draft I do not see many options at corner.

I know these were not the Draft Expert type of picks. The so called Experts get as many wrong as the average GM. Mike Mayok was a draft expert king so he got his shot at GM. We know how that turned out. My point is because a player is not on ESPN or NFL network draft board does not mean it's a bad pick. They very well could all be bust. I am taking the wait and see approach.

I would like to personally thank you for well thought out post. I have the same thoughts. 

I saw this draft as a GM gets his buggy in the grocery store and says ok I know what I lacked in 2022, so lemme make some specific selections to increase my chances. 

The culture has changed in Duval and I kept hearing that word during the draft process. Dougy P is trying to bring a championship to this city and he knows what he needs to get there. For all we know, maybe they had Trevor’s input along with a couple of other guys. 

The Harrison pick was a homerun. I heard a few experts say he was the best tackle in the draft. He can play both sides and he can play guard. We lost Taylor, Cam will be suspended, and Little still has the jury out. Harrison will be a day 1 starter and will be protecting our franchise. Homerun pick since we got the best tackle in the entire draft. 

Strange was blocking people in the ground, and running extra crispy routes and torquing his body and making sure handed catches.  Engram might be on a 1 year tag and demand a lot of money that we can’t afford. But Strange brings quality personnel at that position. Extremely strong hands and catches fluidly and is tough to bring down. He can create mis-matches on weak side backers, come out the backfield, motion, etc. 

Bigsby made me think of Tavian Banks. Taylor was the man, but it was cool to see Banks doing his thing before he got hurt. Bigsby brings raw talent that Hasty just didn’t have. Last year Hasty made the long TD but outside of that he didn’t bring much to the table. Tank Bigsby can give us what Corey Grant did back in 2017. He can also play special teams. He’s a scat back or for you Mopar guys…scat pack. 

The Miller pick put guys like Muma and Lloyd on notice. Lloyd led all LB with 5 takeaways in 2022, but he also led all LB of being out of position. Muma came in and was as pedestrian as you could get. Miller will also give us room to move our backers around until we find a good fit. He will also play special teams.

Abdullah - him and Bigsby are my favorite picks. If this guy was 3 inches taller and 10 more pounds he would have been a top 5 pick. He’s a 34 OLB that runs a 4.4 he will cause all kinds of problems with his speed alone against Left and Right Tackles that run 4.Evers if he can keep the big guys off him, he can blow plays up.

Lacey will get some work at 34 DE/DT he adds some bulk along that defensive front and has the athleticism to run plays wide and the size to space eat and clog some stuff up. 

Johnson is a big guy at 6’2” 200 pounds, runs a 4.52. Dalvin Cook ran a 4.53 back in 2017. Jenkins is on notice and will have all the competition he can handle come camp time. One thing this guy has is he brings the hat. He knocked a few guys silly and he’s rangy. Jenkins struggles in coverage, but we will see if Johnson can put the clamps on better than Jenkins. 

Washington missed the final 3 games of his college career and still led the team in receiving yards. He didn’t run at the combine or pro day but this dude was making OBJ type catches. He’s a short strider and will be a match up night mare for any safety or LB. He only had 8 drops his entire collegiate career. Another offensive weapon for Lawrence to go along with Strange, Bigsby, Etienne, Kirk, Engram, Jones, and Swagnew. That’s a lot of weapons for #16.

Hallet and Hodges offer depth, youth and special teams. You always hope for a diamond in the rough but they will have a chance to show what they got.

You can also see that our front office is getting ready for Lawrence’s payday. We’re going to be losing some guys that we would normally keep in any other era, but with the contract they are gearing up for you have to accept that some positions will not be addressed like you want. On the other hand, this draft could turn out to be a bust and they all stink, or we may find 3 starters and a couple rotation guys. We can’t draft Hall of Famers every single pick and we can’t have Pro Bowlers at every position. 

Maybe they are gearing up for Budda Baker, maybe not. 

Our focus should be to win our division and make the playoffs. The AFC South should run through Duval, and play in front of our fans at the Bank. Take it one game at the time from there. 

At the end of the day, we still have one of the best coaches in all of football and we have a superstar QB going into his 3rd year. He took this same roster minus the draft to the playoffs and won a game. Let Lawrence Cook!

Love your positivity. Hope you are right about the picks.

(04-29-2023, 11:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

The first 3 picks were offense. It was clear that supporting the Qb was the top priority. I have no problem with the picks in these rounds.

The team is bringing in a ton of competition. Players like Devon Lloyd who appeared to be lost at times are going to feel the pressure. Competition is always good.

The team decided to take 13 swings this year. Will have some strike outs, base hits, and hopefully some home runs. I do not buy a ton of stock on where a player is drafted. Sure the odds drop of getting a starter in every round. There are also plenty of cases were great players drop in later rounds for stupid reasons. See Tom Brady 6th round or Jerry Rice dropping to 16th overall from a lackluster 40 yard time. There are plenty of other examples.

The team is comfortable with Herndon at nickle. Unless they make a move outside the draft I do not see many options at corner.

I know these were not the Draft Expert type of picks. The so called Experts get as many wrong as the average GM. Mike Mayok was a draft expert king so he got his shot at GM. We know how that turned out. My point is because a player is not on ESPN or NFL network draft board does not mean it's a bad pick. They very well could all be bust. I am taking the wait and see approach.

I would like to personally thank you for well thought out post. I have the same thoughts. 

I saw this draft as a GM gets his buggy in the grocery store and says ok I know what I lacked in 2022, so lemme make some specific selections to increase my chances. 

The culture has changed in Duval and I kept hearing that word during the draft process. Dougy P is trying to bring a championship to this city and he knows what he needs to get there. For all we know, maybe they had Trevor’s input along with a couple of other guys. 

The Harrison pick was a homerun. I heard a few experts say he was the best tackle in the draft. He can play both sides and he can play guard. We lost Taylor, Cam will be suspended, and Little still has the jury out. Harrison will be a day 1 starter and will be protecting our franchise. Homerun pick since we got the best tackle in the entire draft. 

Strange was blocking people in the ground, and running extra crispy routes and torquing his body and making sure handed catches.  Engram might be on a 1 year tag and demand a lot of money that we can’t afford. But Strange brings quality personnel at that position. Extremely strong hands and catches fluidly and is tough to bring down. He can create mis-matches on weak side backers, come out the backfield, motion, etc. 

Bigsby made me think of Tavian Banks. Taylor was the man, but it was cool to see Banks doing his thing before he got hurt. Bigsby brings raw talent that Hasty just didn’t have. Last year Hasty made the long TD but outside of that he didn’t bring much to the table. Tank Bigsby can give us what Corey Grant did back in 2017. He can also play special teams. He’s a scat back or for you Mopar guys…scat pack. 

The Miller pick put guys like Muma and Lloyd on notice. Lloyd led all LB with 5 takeaways in 2022, but he also led all LB of being out of position. Muma came in and was as pedestrian as you could get. Miller will also give us room to move our backers around until we find a good fit. He will also play special teams.

Abdullah - him and Bigsby are my favorite picks. If this guy was 3 inches taller and 10 more pounds he would have been a top 5 pick. He’s a 34 OLB that runs a 4.4 he will cause all kinds of problems with his speed alone against Left and Right Tackles that run 4.Evers if he can keep the big guys off him, he can blow plays up.

Lacey will get some work at 34 DE/DT he adds some bulk along that defensive front and has the athleticism to run plays wide and the size to space eat and clog some stuff up. 

Johnson is a big guy at 6’2” 200 pounds, runs a 4.52. Dalvin Cook ran a 4.53 back in 2017. Jenkins is on notice and will have all the competition he can handle come camp time. One thing this guy has is he brings the hat. He knocked a few guys silly and he’s rangy. Jenkins struggles in coverage, but we will see if Johnson can put the clamps on better than Jenkins. 

Washington missed the final 3 games of his college career and still led the team in receiving yards. He didn’t run at the combine or pro day but this dude was making OBJ type catches. He’s a short strider and will be a match up night mare for any safety or LB. He only had 8 drops his entire collegiate career. Another offensive weapon for Lawrence to go along with Strange, Bigsby, Etienne, Kirk, Engram, Jones, and Swagnew. That’s a lot of weapons for #16.

Hallet and Hodges offer depth, youth and special teams. You always hope for a diamond in the rough but they will have a chance to show what they got.

You can also see that our front office is getting ready for Lawrence’s payday. We’re going to be losing some guys that we would normally keep in any other era, but with the contract they are gearing up for you have to accept that some positions will not be addressed like you want. On the other hand, this draft could turn out to be a bust and they all stink, or we may find 3 starters and a couple rotation guys. We can’t draft Hall of Famers every single pick and we can’t have Pro Bowlers at every position. 

Our focus should be to win our division and make the playoffs. The AFC South should run through Duval, and play in front of our fans at the Bank. Take it one game at the time from there. 

At the end of the day, we still have one of the best coaches in all of football and we have a superstar QB going into his 3rd year. He took this same roster minus the draft to the playoffs and won a game. Let Lawrence Cook!

You never fail  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just like the good old "Collin Johnson will be a super star" "Schenault is more explosive than Tyreek Hill"
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

The draft tells me that Trent and Doug are pretty happy with most of the starters they have returning. Good veteran teams typically don’t start a slew of rookies. They have 1 or 2 rookies starting while the rest are rotational/developmental players who are groomed for possible starting roles. Our QB question has been answered. It’s now time to put pieces around him at a good value and chase a title.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 12:22 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

The draft strategy of trading up with extra picks didn't work out but we're not walking away with a bunch of basket cases. Our red zone offense just got better, and we now have some depth at D. Baalke took a gamble and it didn't work out, however, we're not walking away from the table flat broke. We picked up some value.

https://twitter.com/robertkempjr1/status...915L-t18Xg

It’s tells me that barring injury, Cam will never play LT for the Jags again.

Just out of interest, everyone going on about not trading back into the 3rd? I'm interested to know what exactly you're expecting to give up?

I scrolled through all the trades done and the cast majority were late round picks to move up 3-5 spaces so you'd still lose the 3rd round pick?

Is the idea that we should've traded up to the top of the 3rd and gave up our 3rd? Or are you expecting an extra 3rd?

(04-30-2023, 12:39 PM)wassy04 Wrote: Just out of interest, everyone going on about not trading back into the 3rd? I'm interested to know what exactly you're expecting to give up?

I scrolled through all the trades done and the cast majority were late round picks to move up 3-5 spaces so you'd still lose the 3rd round pick?

Is the idea that we should've traded up to the top of the 3rd and gave up our 3rd? Or are you expecting an extra 3rd?

There are a ton of pick value charts out there.

They had ammunition to get back into the third by packaging two fourths and a sixth - and a number of scenarios to get back into the 4th
Baalke admittedly tried and failed to make it happen.

It's a tough break.
Wasted value on players of low probability to make the team.

Not enough info to definitively say much yet other than they viewed RB as a greater need than most and in retrospect I agree with them that it is/was.

Trading back up takes more than just having adequate/fair trade comp to give. It takes a willing trade partner and there are a lot of things can affect willingness at a given point in the draft.

With Baalke being forthcoming on trying to trade up, it does make you wonder who they might’ve missed out on that they wanted though.

(04-30-2023, 10:22 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 11:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would like to personally thank you for well thought out post. I have the same thoughts. 

The unrealized potential of Tavian Banks still haunts me.  The devastating knee injury was the result of a completely unnecessary hit as he was going out of bounds against ATL.  Might be wrong, think it was late in a preseason game.

He was the long lost 3rd down back the Jags were desperate to find.

Love #22.  Wonder whatever happened to him post-NFL?

It was a preseason game. I was there.

(04-30-2023, 12:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 12:39 PM)wassy04 Wrote: Just out of interest, everyone going on about not trading back into the 3rd? I'm interested to know what exactly you're expecting to give up?

There are a ton of pick value charts out there.

They had ammunition to get back into the third by packaging two fourths and a sixth - and a number of scenarios to get back into the 4th

It's a tough break.

I know in theory you could offer value but that doesn't mean there's a bunch of teams willing to do it. If everyone is aware there isn't value further down it implies the teams value the 6/7ths even lower than the models.

There's not many if any examples this year of teams trading into the 3rd round from miles back.

o  No. 56 overall (Round 2) 340
o  No. 88 overall (Round 3) 150
o  No. 121 overall (Round 4) 52
o  No. 127 overall (Round 4) 45
o  No. 130 overall (Round 4) 42
o  No. 160 overall (Round 5) 28
o  No. 185 overall (Round 6) 18
o  No. 202 overall (Round 6) 11
o  No. 208 overall (Round 6) 9
o  No. 226 overall (Round 7) 3
o  No. 240 overall (Round 7) 1

So if we wanted to make an approximately fair offer, we're saying we'd need all three 4ths just to get into round 3 again. Worth it? Were we really willing to give up that much and were other teams still not interested. 

Obviously none of us know but you can get an idea of how difficult it is to try and create another 3rd rounder without giving up your own one.

We could've gone up from 88, 10-15 places perhaps but would've likely been giving up a lot still. 

I kind of think taking a bunch of dart throws/role players is a better strategy personally.

(04-30-2023, 02:30 PM)wassy04 Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 12:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: There are a ton of pick value charts out there.

It's a tough break.

I know in theory you could offer value but that doesn't mean there's a bunch of teams willing to do it. If everyone is aware there isn't value further down it implies the teams value the 6/7ths even lower than the models.

There's not many if any examples this year of teams trading into the 3rd round from miles back.

o  No. 56 overall (Round 2) 340
o  No. 88 overall (Round 3) 150
o  No. 121 overall (Round 4) 52
o  No. 127 overall (Round 4) 45
o  No. 130 overall (Round 4) 42
o  No. 160 overall (Round 5) 28
o  No. 185 overall (Round 6) 18
o  No. 202 overall (Round 6) 11
o  No. 208 overall (Round 6) 9
o  No. 226 overall (Round 7) 3
o  No. 240 overall (Round 7) 1

So if we wanted to make an approximately fair offer, we're saying we'd need all three 4ths just to get into round 3 again. Worth it? Were we really willing to give up that much and were other teams still not interested. 

Obviously none of us know but you can get an idea of how difficult it is to try and create another 3rd rounder without giving up your own one.

We could've gone up from 88, 10-15 places perhaps but would've likely been giving up a lot still. 

I kind of think taking a bunch of dart throws/role players is a better strategy personally.

It was a gamble by Baalke and it didn't pay off.

I don't put it 100% on the FO and staff they couldn't find a partner, but it is a failure at the end of the day. 

Baalke has now used a first, a third, a fifth and two sixths in three drafts at RB for a pass first team. 
That third rounder with ball security issues does need to pay off.
We had greater needs.

(04-30-2023, 01:58 PM)GaJag Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 10:22 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: The unrealized potential of Tavian Banks still haunts me.  The devastating knee injury was the result of a completely unnecessary hit as he was going out of bounds against ATL.  Might be wrong, think it was late in a preseason game.

He was the long lost 3rd down back the Jags were desperate to find.

Love #22.  Wonder whatever happened to him post-NFL?

It was a preseason game. I was there.

Absolutely NOT a preseason game.  It happened in Atlanta.  Eugene Robinson hit him on a totally unnecessary play out of bounds in a blowout win.  So I don't know what or who you're thinking of.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...0/gamelog/
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-30-2023, 10:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This draft, to me says:

This FO/staff does not value positions with draft capital the way I do

RB in the 3rd given our needs was unwise
As was the ILB pick that followed

Outside of those, I get it.
Would have much rather landed a nickel with that mid round capital.
I think it would help us more at the end of the day than either of those picks. 

Fingers crossed one or two of the late round flyers works out

About where I am.  Some of these flyers are going to have to stick.

I agree.  My theory is that Baalke had a "points chart" based upon prior drafts.  However, every draft is different.  In this one, I think teams favored earlier picks and put less points on later picks.  As such, Baalke thought he was getting good value when he traded down and just assumed that his draft capital could easily be used later to trade up.  When later came, he then realized that other teams wouldn't accept offers that Baalke's points chart said were fair.  Teams expected more in return.  If Baalke was smart, he would have adjusted his points chart on the fly and reacted to the market in front of him.  He didn't.  He thought teams willing to trade down were asking too much, so he just sat on a ridiculous number of late picks.  This was a big mistake as this team desperately needed quality and not quantity.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2023, 11:15 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

The draft tells me a few things.

1.  I think it would have gone differently had Cam Robinson not been suspended.  I think the Jaguars still might have gone OL at some point in the draft, but I don't think it would have been top priority had the team not lost Jawaan Taylor in free agency AND Cam Robinson for 6 games.

2.  This will be the first draft in a while, for us where we won't have a bunch of new and relatively immediate starters.  I think for the first time in a while, I think the team didn't add many starters, but is still a decent draft because it HAS added quality depth at RB, WR, maybe TE, ILB, DL, but though I'm not entirely thrilled wih the draft in terms of number of immediate starters, I DO think we'll get some contributions from the players in this class. 

3.  One guy I think will end up a starter will be the SS out of Texas A & M, Antionio Johnson.  If you were a proponent of drafting Alabama's Branch, I think you'll be happy with Johnson.  There were some similar elements to Texas A & M's and Alabama's defense where Branch and Johnson had similar roles and responsibilities in the box.  They produced similar big plays.  If Johnson is utilized in the Jaguars defense in that way, I think Jaguars fans will be pleased with what they see out of him.

4.  However, I am having a more difficult time envisioning the role for Yasir, Abdullah.  In the speculation I have heard, he will have the role of a pass rusher but I don't see it.  I saw some compared him with former Broncos edge rusher Elvis Dumervil.  It would be great if we could get similar production out of him as Denver got out of a young Dumervil, and he seems to have a similar build.  But it was hard for me to see how he was utilized in college translates into a dominant edge rusher based on what little I've seen in the clips of him.

5.  Another player that excites me from this draft class is Penn State WR Parer Washington.  When this draft season rolled around, WR was NOT particularly high in the priorities of most Jaguars fans, especially with the addition of former Falcons' WR Calvin Ridley.  However, the late addition of Washington has the potential to be huge for the Jaguars.  He has the ability to make the spectacular play, from catches to run after the catch.  But it would seem he needs to improve his consistency.  But I think he has good players around him from which to learn.  In time, he could be a good WR.

6.  I would bury the hatchet and re-sign Yannick Ngakoue.  I didn't want him to leave in the first place.  But hopefully now he has a better grasp of the market for his services.  I still think he still has fuel in the tank and can still be a productive edge rusher.  But even assuming all of the above is true, we will need more edge rush production from somewhere, whether it's Josh Allen, Abdullah, or even one of the earlier draft picks from years past.

(04-30-2023, 03:26 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 01:58 PM)GaJag Wrote: It was a preseason game. I was there.

Absolutely NOT a preseason game.  It happened in Atlanta.  Eugene Robinson hit him on a totally unnecessary play out of bounds in a blowout win.  So I don't know what or who you're thinking of.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...0/gamelog/

The hit that ended Banks' career was NOT in the preseason, nor was it in Jacksonville.

It was a regular season game in Atlanta (somewhere around the end of November/early December.

Ray Buchanan delivered the hit that blew out Banks' knee, not Eugene Robinson.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Trying to find the words without creating a five page disertation but I'll give it a go... 

I think I would split the 'process' of how we drafted... and 'who' we drafted into two specific topics.

In terms of the process i think it would be a fair comment that to a greater or lesser degree depending on your opinion we misjudged aspects of the draft or at least misread the room! It happens! But it is something we absolutely have to learn from, understand and improve for future years. To misquote my mother 'once is an accident, twice and I'll kick you down the stairs.'

Fortunately the beauty of it is even the worst drafts can be rescued if your players go on the field and perform. I can't comment on a huge number of the guys we got as I haven't seen em play a down but I felt we did some sensible things (Harrison) (Kicking a fourth on to next year) and a few questionable things. But theyre our guys now and I hope each and every one of them knock it out of the park!

The one thing I do hope with the prospects we did take is that Baalke and Pederson were on the same page especially over the first 4/5 rounds ... If those are players Pederson was keen on and feels he can use an envision within the system, (Strange and Johnson would perhaps be the example here) then I'm more than happy with that, ... Many sins can be covered as long as the coach and GM are in lockstep! And many disasters had if they arnt!

Skirted a few issues which others have done a far better job breaking down, but until something else pops into my head those would probably be the main things of personally take away!

(04-30-2023, 11:10 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The failure to move back up really bit them in the backside 

Not ideal.

Do you get the sense that people don't want to work with Baalke?  Or maybe he just doesn't have a great understanding of how to value picks?

With all due respect, I find you first question silly.  If I was a GM, I'm going to do what I believe is in the best interest of the team.  Do you really belive that if Baalke offers a trade that the GM likes, he's going to turn it down just because he doesn't like Baalke?  Even if I hated another GM with a passion, I would accept the trade if it made sense for my team.  It's not like the two GM's have to move in together and be roommates for a year.  Baalke calls and says "Would you be willing to trade ______ for ____ and ______?"  The other GM says "yes", "no" or makes a counteroffer.  Why would they care about Baalke's personality?

As stated in my previous post, I think Baalke made a points chart based upon prior drafts and was unwilling to change on the fly to the reality that other GM's viewed the depth with this particular draft differently.

(04-30-2023, 12:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/robertkempjr1/status...915L-t18Xg

It’s tells me that barring injury, Cam will never play LT for the Jags again.

Walker is good at left tackle.