Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Is Trump good for the GOP?
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.93%
7 25.93%
No
40.74%
11 40.74%
Not ideal, but might be the best chance to be voted in
7.41%
2 7.41%
I wish they'd focus on a less polarizing candidate
25.93%
7 25.93%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TRUMP: Good for the GOP? Or, nah?

(08-14-2023, 01:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-14-2023, 01:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's so funny to watch these sissy dems and libs lose their [BLEEP] over Trump lolol

Biden is 10 times worse to the 10th power and they say nothing about it but "Trumpf!!!!" lololol

They "elected" the biggest grifter and con man of all time and are just too stupid to see it.. But TRUMPF!!!!

The "First Son" is a pedophile crackhead who laundered money for his pedophile daddy lolol

Jackasses lololol

So funny to watch these pansy [BLEEP] conservatives whine about Biden, LOL

Drumpf is 1000 times worse to the 10th power and they say nothing but "Biden!!"  lololol

They elected the biggest grifter and con man of all time who and are too stupid to see it

His kids are all morons, and the son in law made 2 billion off of Trump's presidency via the Saudis

Jackasses lololol

We need to get together for a beer..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tuck and roll..

(08-14-2023, 02:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Tuck and roll..

Keep trolling. I made a post to illustrate how silly yours was.  Big deal.  You got triggered and made it personal. 

Move on.

(08-14-2023, 02:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-14-2023, 02:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Tuck and roll..

Keep trolling. I made a post to illustrate how silly yours was.  Big deal.  You got triggered and made it personal. 

Move on.

Tuck and roll..

It's kind of interesting and amusing to see how those on the left are so consumed by Donald Trump.  There aren't many on the left that will admit to what all of the "indictments" are about.  It's all about blocking him from being elected President again.

I have said many times to friends on both sides of the aisle that I always thought that the Clintons were the most corrupt "First Family".  The Biden family has them beat by a mile, and most of my friends agree.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-14-2023, 02:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's kind of interesting and amusing to see how those on the left are so consumed by Donald Trump.  There aren't many on the left that will admit to what all of the "indictments" are about.  It's all about blocking him from being elected President again.

I have said many times to friends on both sides of the aisle that I always thought that the Clintons were the most corrupt "First Family".  The Biden family has them beat by a mile, and most of my friends agree.

I'm not on the left, but I would like to point out that Donald Trump has been charged with actual crimes and we have seen mountains of evidence to support those charges.

Evidence only matters when it's against the Republicans..

(08-14-2023, 03:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-14-2023, 02:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's kind of interesting and amusing to see how those on the left are so consumed by Donald Trump.  There aren't many on the left that will admit to what all of the "indictments" are about.  It's all about blocking him from being elected President again.

I'm not on the left, but I would like to point out that Donald Trump has been charged with actual crimes and we have seen mountains of evidence to support those charges.

Just like Russia collusion. 

As I said before, expect a muted outcome. Politically driven DAs colluding with their supporters in the media are hyping this up into the crime of the century.

(08-14-2023, 03:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-14-2023, 03:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm not on the left, but I would like to point out that Donald Trump has been charged with actual crimes and we have seen mountains of evidence to support those charges.

Just like Russia collusion. 

As I said before, expect a muted outcome. Politically driven DAs colluding with their supporters in the media are hyping this up into the crime of the century.

Trying to stay in office after losing an election and trying to end over 200 years of peaceful transfers of power is the crime of two centuries, not one.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Not sure where to post this since it's difficult to keep track of all of Trump's legal problems, but I guess here is as good a place as any to talk about him lying about his assets:

https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/stat...86867?s=20

"A Trial is Not Necessary": The left's Mad Dash to Prevent a Second Trump Presidency and How It Won Him The White House

by flsprtsgod

Forward by WingerDinger and NYC4jags

Simon and Schuster, 2025
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

There's no way he wins the general elections, man. It's impossible.

(08-31-2023, 01:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There's no way he wins the general elections, man. It's impossible.

I understand that the indictments and his bluster in response to them certainly anchored much of his base even deeper, but it also sent a few folks on the fringe packing for less controversial pastures. 

I can't imagine any way the actual numbers of Trump voters will grow by any significant margin after facing these legal battles. Senseless actions from humans never fail to surprise me, but... I don't see this happening. 

The most telling polling I've seen lately is that both Trump and Biden have disapproval ratings running between 59%-62% in various polls. But the difference is the primary reason given for disapproval.

Trump: " I think he did something illegal"
Biden: "I think he's old" 

Not too tough to figure out which one is more likely to gain swing votes

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023, 02:01 PM by mikesez.)

(08-31-2023, 01:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 01:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There's no way he wins the general elections, man. It's impossible.

I understand that the indictments and his bluster in response to them certainly anchored much of his base even deeper, but it also sent a few folks on the fringe packing for less controversial pastures. 

I can't imagine any way the actual numbers of Trump voters will grow by any significant margin after facing these legal battles. Senseless actions from humans never fail to surprise me, but... I don't see this happening. 

The most telling polling I've seen lately is that both Trump and Biden both have disapproval ratings running between 59%-62% in various polls. But the difference is the primary reason given for disapproval.

Right.
The GOP has a huge opportunity to win the White House with any candidate but Trump.
And it's not too late.  2 of the 8 candidates in the first debate were brave enough to say that it's likely enough that Trump broke the law that he can't be supported.  If more candidates speak against Trump, the voters will follow, and they will unite around one of the candidates who speaks against Trump.  Instead of waiting on the polls to change these Republicans need to start making the polls change.  As Mike Pence said, it's about leadership.  He should take his own advice.

(08-31-2023, 02:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 01:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I understand that the indictments and his bluster in response to them certainly anchored much of his base even deeper, but it also sent a few folks on the fringe packing for less controversial pastures. 

The most telling polling I've seen lately is that both Trump and Biden both have disapproval ratings running between 59%-62% in various polls. But the difference is the primary reason given for disapproval.

Right.
The GOP has a huge opportunity to win the White House with any candidate but Trump.
And it's not too late.  2 of the 8 candidates in the first debate were brave enough to say that it's likely enough that Trump broke the law that he can't be supported.  If more candidates speak against Trump, the voters will follow, and they will unite around one of the candidates who speaks against Trump.  Instead of waiting on the polls to change these Republicans need to start making the polls change.  As Mike Pence said, it's about leadership.  He should take his own advice.

Lol, 70% of your party wants Trump. It's already over, you're just unwilling to see that you aren't aligned with Republicans anymore. You and TRM should go on over to the Dems where your beliefs are shared.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-31-2023, 11:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 02:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Right.

Lol, 70% of your party wants Trump. It's already over, you're just unwilling to see that you aren't aligned with Republicans anymore. You and TRM should go on over to the Dems where your beliefs are shared.

About 1/3 want Trump no matter what, about 1/3 prefer Trump for now but are open to other candidates,  and about 1/3 are now Never Trump like me.  My 1/3 just has to convince the middle 1/3 to join us.

But what do you care? You're not in any of these groups.  Maybe, you're the one being dishonest about your affiliation, not me.

(09-01-2023, 09:50 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 11:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, 70% of your party wants Trump. It's already over, you're just unwilling to see that you aren't aligned with Republicans anymore. You and TRM should go on over to the Dems where your beliefs are shared.

About 1/3 want Trump no matter what, about 1/3 prefer Trump for now but are open to other candidates,  and about 1/3 are now Never Trump like me.  My 1/3 just has to convince the middle 1/3 to join us.

But what do you care? You're not in any of these groups.  Maybe, you're the one being dishonest about your affiliation, not me.

Not at all. Between the two I prefer the Republicans but they aren't significantly different from the left so I don't vote for them. As Larry Elder said, "Not a dime's worth of difference."