Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 talk: KC vs Jax

(09-16-2023, 09:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 09:26 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Could say the same for Ridley. I'd still worry about Jones regardless.

Huh?  You do know Ridley had a full pre-season practicing with the team and getting game reps.  Sure you could say it about Ridley, but you’d be wrong saying it.

Yes. I'll admit it does come out wrong after seeing what I typed. What I was trying to throw out is that there have been occasions where a player held out, been out due to injury, rested a year, etc. Some players came back to play and it didn't seem like they were absent at all. And some needed time to shake off the rust. I can't be too confident about Jones in this situation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2023, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: So fired up for this game.

It's odd, because my brain knows that we should lose and our O-line is not in a good place right now, but I'm still amped to see if we're any closer to knocking down the AFC big dogs.

Dosen't really feel like a game we should lose honestly. it feels like a game that is ours too lose. I think if we stay relatively mistake free in the turnover area, we probably win out right

(09-16-2023, 02:31 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

It's odd, because my brain knows that we should lose and our O-line is not in a good place right now, but I'm still amped to see if we're any closer to knocking down the AFC big dogs.

Dosen't really feel like a game we should lose honestly. it feels like a game that is ours too lose. I think if we stay relatively mistake free in the turnover area, we probably win out right

KC is beatable. Last half of last year and already into this year they've been in a lot of close games. Yes, more often than not they win those close games as what good teams do. But they are not some overwhelmingly tough team that's impossible to beat.

I really like the Jags' chances here.  Should be a good game.

Only week 2, but this is a big game for multiple reasons. Trying to start 2-0 for one, but we'd also be getting a nice early jump ahead of the Chiefs (for possible playoff seeding) who would be 0-2 with a loss. A win here would be huge for setting the tone for the rest of the season. Not that a loss here would be a killer or anything like that.

I think this is starting to turn into a bit of a rivalry. Outside of Division opponents, you don't often play a team this many times in such a short period of time. This will be the 3rd game against them in not even a years worth of time. Pretty rare.

Jags teams have not fair'd well going against Andy Reid coached teams in general. We haven't beat him since 2006. Doug is 0-3 vs Reid and we haven't beat a Chiefs team since 2009. Lets hope this all changes tomorrow!

Also..
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...3489512584

(09-16-2023, 04:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I think this is starting to turn into a bit of a rivalry. Outside of Division opponents, you don't often play a team this many times in such a short period of time. This will be the 3rd game against them in not even a years worth of time. Pretty rare.

Also..

Yup, if the Jags keep winning the AFCS they're likely gonna keep playing the Chiefs every season and good chance they might meet in the playoffs.

Similar thing has happened with Cincy. They have played the Chiefs 4 times in a calendar year (3-1 Bengals) and have them again in early Dec this season. 

Win the Divisions keep playing them and possibly meet in the playoffs too.

Should be a great game and I am interested to see if our guys have a bit of a payback mentality from January.

Great first game of the season for Duval and got a lot of big games to look forward to this year at home. Can't wait to see it sold out and rocking. 

We're back!

I gotta say, the Jag’s multimedia folks have really upped their game.

Let’s go jags!

So how early is everyone getting there tomorrow? I plan on rolling out of palatka by 8 stop at Publix get some wings and in our parking garage by 10:30ish
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Need to give Mahomes a Birthday present tomorrow. A Loss!!!

(09-16-2023, 09:30 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So how early is everyone getting there tomorrow? I plan on rolling out of palatka by 8 stop at Publix get some wings and in our parking garage by 10:30ish

I’ll be down there about 9am. #BoldCityBrawlers!

(09-16-2023, 04:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Only week 2, but this is a big game for multiple reasons. Trying to start 2-0 for one, but we'd also be getting a nice early jump ahead of the Chiefs (for possible playoff seeding) who would be 0-2 with a loss. A win here would be huge for setting the tone for the rest of the season. Not that a loss here would be a killer or anything like that.

I think this is starting to turn into a bit of a rivalry. Outside of Division opponents, you don't often play a team this many times in such a short period of time. This will be the 3rd game against them in not even a years worth of time. Pretty rare.

Jags teams have not fair'd well going against Andy Reid coached teams in general. We haven't beat him since 2006. Doug is 0-3 vs Reid and we haven't beat a Chiefs team since 2009. Lets hope this all changes tomorrow!

Also..

The chances of a 2-6 team going to the playoffs or winning their division has to be stupid low,  that was us last year.

Note to self.

Dear Self, 

"Trust your instincts." 

Sincerely,
Self

[Image: giphy.gif]