Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ridley

(09-25-2023, 02:28 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Even Homer Sexton is seeing it. Too many are being forced too him.  Maybe drop him to #2 or #3 option.

Go to about the 31 min market

https://www.youtube.com/live/kyKQkwLKR3Y...nif7_ZeOP9

Kirk should be the main target

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2023, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 12:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Ridley should soley be running deep routes.  Fly Routes, Posts, etc...  He should be stretching the field on every play.  

Kirk should be running the slot routes and working from the middle out.  And Engram should be running crossers.  You know...  Like we did last year????

I don't get why this is so hard to figure out.  We aren't running the same offense we did last year.  We aren't running the same route concepts like we did last year.  The majority of targets to WRs are going to Ridley.  Then, when we decide to feed Engram, we're running screens?!?!  When was the last time you saw Engram get thrown a ball while he was crossing the field?  He must have caught 1 or 2 crossing routes a game last year.  This year, I don't think he's caught one, and I don't think he's even been targeted on any...

This years offensive play calling and scheme is trash.  It needs to go.

LOL

Tell me you haven't watched a lick of our offensive line play without actually telling me you haven't watched a lick of our offensive line play
You can't run Ridley deep very often when TL has no protection! Think, man. 
And Ridley WAS open deep often on Sunday anyway - TL either didn't look his way of his own error or he was too busy evading pressure to get a lock on him

90% of what Kirk is doing is the same as last year, you're just being ridiculous

I even posted clear evidence for you last week and you're still on this nonsense. Stop.

Then you go on to blame the "offensive scheme and play calling" for Trevor Lawrence's decisions on who he throws to and when

This [BLEEP] should be really obvious, but you're apparently slow on the uptake.

A - Lawrence can't always hit the best option because of pressure
B - Lawrence is looking for Ridley more than he should be
C - No one would even be moaning about routes and concepts if these receivers simply caught the majority of their drops and Trevor was 8 inches closer to their hands on a half dozen of his high or wide throws
D - following up C above - What they are calling would work 90% of the time if the players simply stopped screwing it up

You're letting the disappointment of a few bad calls color your entire perspective instead of looking at what is actually happening

Or maybe you don't know what the [BLEEP] you are looking at - not sure which

LOL...  hurr durr... Tell me you never watched a minute of the 2022 season without tell me derp shnerp.

You act as though Trevor never has time.  That's simply not true.  Again, this O-Line isn't that different that last year's.  We're only missing Cam and Taylor, and to be honest neither of those 2 guys were percieved as being brick walls.  They all had moments they did OK, and then had bad moments as well.  Trevor faced just as much pressure last year, but was able to be successful driving the ball down the field.  In addition to that, the play calling last year still had Trevor under duress a lot of the times.  People were worried if Trevor would make it out of the season healthy last year.  It's not as though this is the first year that our O-Line has been... Not good.  I don't know why you and others like you are ignoring the fact that this team, while having basically the same players looks absolutely different this year compared to last.  

It just blows my mind how much you guys just assume that coaching intensity and changing of schemes can absolutely change the way a team performs.

Insult me all you want.  You can say I don't watch the plays or I don't know what I'm looking at.  But you rarely ever discuss what my concerns are.  The play schemes last year were better.  They just were.  They kept the defense guessing and off balance.  Defenses couldn't just pin their ears back and come all out on every play.  This year, the play calling is doesn't put any pressure on opposing defenses.  Everything is run in a tight formation and all the routes are breaking in front of the secondary.  There is no routes that are stretching the field, so it's easy for defenders to read what's happening.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3...ag1pb1.png

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3...4h8q91.jpg

Here's a quick run down of our PFF grades from last year compared to week 2 of this year.  There's not much difference.  But [BLEEP] me, right.  I'm the moron that doesn't know what I'm looking at.

(09-24-2023, 06:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: And I don’t want to see Agnew get another snap on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, But Ridley thinks Agnew is the second coming apparently. Ridley has been a curse to this team…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-24-2023, 04:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Ridley is messing up the flow of the offense. Give me Kirk and Jones back.

Where's the speed we heard about all offseason? Hes not blowing by anybody. Let him sit and let the others move the ball for us.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 08:18 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

I’m all for giving the steering wheel back to the 84 million dollar man, Christian Kirk.

Ridley - 13 receptions for 173 yards and 1 TD on 26 targets
C.Kirk - 16 receptions for 173 yards and 1 TD on 23 targets

The last 2 games:

Ridley - 5 receptions for 72 yards and 0 TD
C.Kirk - 15 receptions for 164 yards and 1 TD

Ridley and Kirk both have a 100 yard game and they both have picked up 8 first downs a piece.

Ridley had a 25% catch percentage in the Chiefs game and he has a 50% catch percentage on the year. Kirk had 3 targets and 1 catch in the Colts game which gave him a 33% catch percentage, but he at nearly a 70% catch percentage on the year.

Ridley also has 1 fumble on the year. I don’t feel like looking up the dropped passes right now but it seems like Ridley has about 5 and Kirk has 0 but you might want to check that.

I don’t want Ridley on the team and I hope they trade him. It’s affecting the entire offensive unit.

(09-25-2023, 02:57 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Tell me you haven't watched a lick of our offensive line play without actually telling me you haven't watched a lick of our offensive line play
You can't run Ridley deep very often when TL has no protection! Think, man. 
And Ridley WAS open deep often on Sunday anyway - TL either didn't look his way of his own error or he was too busy evading pressure to get a lock on him

90% of what Kirk is doing is the same as last year, you're just being ridiculous

I even posted clear evidence for you last week and you're still on this nonsense. Stop.

Then you go on to blame the "offensive scheme and play calling" for Trevor Lawrence's decisions on who he throws to and when

This [BLEEP] should be really obvious, but you're apparently slow on the uptake.

A - Lawrence can't always hit the best option because of pressure
B - Lawrence is looking for Ridley more than he should be
C - No one would even be moaning about routes and concepts if these receivers simply caught the majority of their drops and Trevor was 8 inches closer to their hands on a half dozen of his high or wide throws
D - following up C above - What they are calling would work 90% of the time if the players simply stopped screwing it up

You're letting the disappointment of a few bad calls color your entire perspective instead of looking at what is actually happening

Or maybe you don't know what the [BLEEP] you are looking at - not sure which

LOL...  hurr durr... Tell me you never watched a minute of the 2022 season without tell me derp shnerp.

You act as though Trevor never has time.  That's simply not true.  Again, this O-Line isn't that different that last year's.  We're only missing Cam and Taylor, and to be honest neither of those 2 guys were percieved as being brick walls.  They all had moments they did OK, and then had bad moments as well.  Trevor faced just as much pressure last year, but was able to be successful driving the ball down the field.  In addition to that, the play calling last year still had Trevor under duress a lot of the times.  People were worried if Trevor would make it out of the season healthy last year.  It's not as though this is the first year that our O-Line has been... Not good.  I don't know why you and others like you are ignoring the fact that this team, while having basically the same players looks absolutely different this year compared to last.  

It just blows my mind how much you guys just assume that coaching intensity and changing of schemes can absolutely change the way a team performs.

Insult me all you want.  You can say I don't watch the plays or I don't know what I'm looking at.  But you rarely ever discuss what my concerns are.  The play schemes last year were better.  They just were.  They kept the defense guessing and off balance.  Defenses couldn't just pin their ears back and come all out on every play.  This year, the play calling is doesn't put any pressure on opposing defenses.  Everything is run in a tight formation and all the routes are breaking in front of the secondary.  There is no routes that are stretching the field, so it's easy for defenders to read what's happening.

Here's a quick run down of our PFF grades from last year compared to week 2 of this year.  There's not much difference.  But [BLEEP] me, right.  I'm the moron that doesn't know what I'm looking at.

LOl

Yes, you are the moron who doesn't know what he's looking at.

Sorry, I can't go around in circles trying to show reason to the blind. 

I just had to drive all afternoon and I just listened to Frangie, Hays Carlyon, Pete Prisco, Tony Boselli and JP Shadrick all go off on how bad the interior OL is and how it is putting Trevor on a short clock and making him hurry his reads, make bad decisions and poor throws.
Which is exactly what I'm seeing.

You've decided that it's all about:

a scheme change - even thought the scheme is exactly the same except for added talent at receiver 

and play calling - even thought they could have won yesterday and the week before if the players just executed the plays that were called. Sure - I'd change 3 or 4 calls per game - but I always feel that way. Even when we win! 

So - you just go have fun with that.  I can't help you. Go ahead and tilt at those windmills, Don Q.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but the offensive line is not the same as last year.

Little is playing LT instead of Cam
Bartch is playing LG instead of Shatley
I heard Scherff is having to do injections pre game just to play
Harrison is 3 games into his rookie season
Fortner and Scherff are the only 2 that is unchanged.

I agree with your bottom line approach of no sacks allowed last game, but it’s not the same line as last year and when Cam comes back it will be even more different because Little is going to play LG and Bartch will play Left Bench. If Scherff don’t heal up he will be playing Right Bench and Hodges will play RG.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 08:30 PM by carp8dm.)

(09-25-2023, 08:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 02:57 PM)carp8dm Wrote: LOL...  hurr durr... Tell me you never watched a minute of the 2022 season without tell me derp shnerp.

LOl

I just had to drive all afternoon and I just listened to Frangie, Hays Carlyon, Pete Prisco, Tony Boselli and JP Shadrick all go off on how bad the interior OL is and how it is putting Trevor on a short clock and making him hurry his reads, make bad decisions and poor throws.

a scheme change - even thought the scheme is exactly the same except for added talent at receiver 

and play calling - even thought they could have won yesterday and the week before if the players just executed the plays that were called. Sure - I'd change 3 or 4 calls per game - but I always feel that way. Even when we win! 

So - you just go have fun with that.  I can't help you. Go ahead and tilt at those windmills, Don Q.

Like I said, these concerns were the same as last year. 

"Oh woe is me!??!!?" Or O-Line is so bad!!  Romeo, I must drink this poison because life isn't worth living since our O-Line has been so begotten of tradgedy!!!!!  

You moderators are so lovable.  And yet so confrontational.  The team sucks because the coaching sucks.  It's not an Oppenheimer movie. I'm not trying to split atoms here.  I'm just trying to explain to you that Doug Pederson has relinquised responsibility to managers that do not have the talent/experience/aptitude to motivate elite athletes.  

This isn't a personal thing.  It's just a reality thing.  

Frangie, Prisco, and Boseli are fun to listen to.  But they all were wrong during the first 2 months of 2022.  You realize Frangie and Prisco thought that Trevor wasn't going to make the next leap to being a franchise QB, right?  Boseli was even on the fense, but he thought the team would come together.  

At no point last year was the O-Line the reason we were failing.  And like I said, this team's O-Line isn't the reason we aren't successful.  

Bro, Love ya.  You need to chill out and accept that the coaching staff is the problem. The players are the same as last year.  It's the coaching staff's inability to motivate, teach, inspire that is the reason we look so bad.

And we look bad.  Dude we look lost out there.  And last year we looked really tight.

What changed???

Yeah bro we need a Tim Tebow rah rah guy.

(09-25-2023, 08:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t have a dog in this fight but the offensive line is not the same as last year.

Little is playing LT instead of Cam
Bartch is playing LG instead of Shatley
I heard Scherff is having to do injections pre game just to play
Harrison is 3 games into his rookie season
Fortner and Scherff are the only 2 that is unchanged.

I agree with your bottom line approach of no sacks allowed last game, but it’s not the same line as last year and when Cam comes back it will be even more different because Little is going to play LG and Bartch will play Left Bench. If Scherff don’t heal up he will be playing Right Bench and Hodges will play RG.

I hear yah, to a certain extent.  Yeah, some of our players have moved positions.  But from last year, many of the same guys moved around the line from week to week, play to play...

But if you look at the PFF grading...  The grading from last year to this year is pretty much identical.  

It's not the O-Line thats the problem.  Bro, our O-Line was just as bad last year.  But Trevor was given options last year that he's not being giving options this year.

So, what's changed?  Who's running the offense this year compared to who was running the offense last year....

It's not that hard to figure out.  The personelle is pretty much the same.

I’m with you on the play calls. But I’m not with you on the cheerleader guy. And I’m not with you in the oline is the same however I see where you’re saying oline sucked last year and it sucks this year.

The answer to your question of what’s changed is: there are many answers and not just 1 thing. opposing teams watch film and prepare and scheme up to what you’re doing. A couple guys in different spots can affect the outcome of plays. Dropped passes. Not being able to sack the QB. Missed FGs. Giving up points on special teams. Press and Doug juggling the play sheet. Lawrence missing throws. The timing of the play call. Busted coverages on defense. Campbell and Williams allowing catches. Jenkins getting caught peeking. Bad penalties.

(09-25-2023, 08:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...6917907527

Not surprised. We were top 5 in drops last year.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 09:08 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-25-2023, 08:49 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m with you on the play calls. But I’m not with you on the cheerleader guy. And I’m not with you in the oline is the same however I see where you’re saying oline sucked last year and it sucks this year.

The answer to your question of what’s changed is: there are many answers and not just 1 thing. opposing teams watch film and prepare and scheme up to what you’re doing. A couple guys in different spots can affect the outcome of plays. Dropped passes. Not being able to sack the QB. Missed FGs. Giving up points on special teams. Press and Doug juggling the play sheet. Lawrence missing throws. The timing of the play call. Busted coverages on defense. Campbell and Williams allowing catches. Jenkins getting caught peeking. Bad penalties.

These are the ones that have cause me grief.

1.  "Couple Guys in Different Spots Affect the Outcome of Plays.
           --The couple guys are Ridley...  And that's it. And he's taking up all the oxygen in the room in terms of play calls.  For whatever reason, it's Ridley that is the focus of any passing play.  
           --Engram is no longer being lined up as a real TE.  He's lining up as a slot reciever and used as a bubble screen option out in the flat.  This play has been run over and over and is nothing but a 5 to 8 yard gain. 
It's a Bull [BLEEP] play by a play caller that has no ability to really call plays.  Ask yourself, when did we ever run a TE bubble screen to Engram in 2022?

2. Last year is was all Doug's offense. Go and read any freaking media outlet. It was Doug running the show. Every game last year was cohesive and looked similar. The offense was dynamic, the offense was
explosive. This year looks nothing like last year.

3. It's not the same system as we ran last year, offensively. Last year the Defense knew that if they could just hold, that the offense would win the game. This year, the entire team doesn't think they are winning the game. This offense reminds me of the Gabbert years. Nobody really thinks we're gonna get things done. There are Mods here that think I'm insane. But deep down, they know I'm on to something. This team is 2 weeks away from either imploding or making a run.

And the only way we make a run is if Pederson takes over the offense and this team. If he keeps letting Press Taylor run the offense, we lose to Atlanta and we get blown out by Buffalo. And then it's just a death spiral the rest of the way.

Against the Chiefs

Kirk.  14 targets
Ridley  8 targets
Engram. 8 targets
Jones. 6 targets

Against the Texans

Kirk. 6 targets
Ridley. 7 targets
Engram  8 targets
Agnew. 5 targets

Against the Chiefs:

1st and 10: Shot gun run up the middle every time.

Against the Texans

1st and 10: Shot gun run up the middle every time untill we were down by 17 points and the 1st half ended.

Its been a weird year for WR and drop balls.

I literally just seen Higgins drop a clean catch. Wow.

(09-25-2023, 09:11 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Against the Chiefs: 

1st and 10:  Shot gun run up the middle every time.

Against the Texans

1st and 10:  Shot gun run up the middle every time untill we were down by 17 points and the 1st half ended.

We have passed on 51% of our first downs

I'd like it to be 60%, but...

settle down

(09-25-2023, 08:29 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOl

Like I said, these concerns were the same as last year. 

"Oh woe is me!??!!?" Or O-Line is so bad!!  Romeo, I must drink this poison because life isn't worth living since our O-Line has been so begotten of tradgedy!!!!!  

You moderators are so lovable.  And yet so confrontational.  The team sucks because the coaching sucks.  It's not an Oppenheimer movie. I'm not trying to split atoms here.  I'm just trying to explain to you that Doug Pederson has relinquised responsibility to managers that do not have the talent/experience/aptitude to motivate elite athletes.  

This isn't a personal thing.  It's just a reality thing.  

Frangie, Prisco, and Boseli are fun to listen to.  But they all were wrong during the first 2 months of 2022.  You realize Frangie and Prisco thought that Trevor wasn't going to make the next leap to being a franchise QB, right?  Boseli was even on the fense, but he thought the team would come together.  

At no point last year was the O-Line the reason we were failing.  And like I said, this team's O-Line isn't the reason we aren't successful.  

Bro, Love ya.  You need to chill out and accept that the coaching staff is the problem. The players are the same as last year.  It's the coaching staff's inability to motivate, teach, inspire that is the reason we look so bad.

And we look bad.  Dude we look lost out there.  And last year we looked really tight.

What changed???

LOL

all those guys I mentioned lamenting the OL today - every single one said the OL was fine in August.
They have all changed their tune in three weeks time. That isn't coincidence, dude. 

Here's where you keep missing it
  • The players are [BLEEP] up much, much more than the coaches
  • you're too emotionally caught up in your ire for the OC to even recognize this playbook is the same as last year with very minimal tweaks  - which is kind of unbelievable, LOL
  • Even if you don't like some of Taylor's play calls (I don't) the plays called have been plenty good enough to win all three games if the players cut out roughly two-thirds of their unforced errors

Now, I don't excuse the coaches from some accountability on the players making so many errors. They have a role to play in preparing them better. They gotta do that, and quick.  But the offense didn't change. It is just grossly underperforming.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 10:58 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-25-2023, 08:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...6917907527

All correctable,  fundamental things.  We didn't have these fundamental issues last year and I would credit Doug and the coaching for that,  but this year has been an enigma for that and we look like the same old #becausejaguars. Need to be disciplined and make more splash/momentum building plays. Team seemed to be folding after each bad play, especially on those special teams blunders with the block and the return in the 3rd quarter.