Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tinhorns don't totally suck

Houston as a franchise and a sports town, I have a lot of sympathy for them. They've had it as rough as Jacksonville. Bad years, bad management, bad coaching, and then ignored by the media when they're actually good. So I'm glad they're on to something with Stroud.

But when they play the Jags? All that goes away. F the tinhorns, 2 weeks a year.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-07-2023, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let's see how C.J. Stroud handles a good pass rush. He'll get flustered, like any rookie QB would, but he looks like a guy who will figure it out pretty quickly. 

The Texans got 'em a good one. Now they just need to coach the run out of him. It's a good tool to have as long as it's used judiciously, otherwise, he will get injured.
I would argue we have a solid pass rush and he carved us up like a thanksgiving turkey.

(11-07-2023, 09:16 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let's see how C.J. Stroud handles a good pass rush. He'll get flustered, like any rookie QB would, but he looks like a guy who will figure it out pretty quickly. 

The Texans got 'em a good one. Now they just need to coach the run out of him. It's a good tool to have as long as it's used judiciously, otherwise, he will get injured.

Say what?  Coach the run out of him?  He has 20 total carries in eight games this season with a game high of four.  The guy is a pocket QB.
Lol I was just gonna say that too

Dude is not a rusher by any means.

(11-08-2023, 08:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 09:16 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Say what?  Coach the run out of him?  He has 20 total carries in eight games this season with a game high of four.  The guy is a pocket QB.
Lol I was just gonna say that too

Dude is not a rusher by any means.

[Image: selection-de-gif-38-mardi-11-decembre-20...-fesse.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2023, 01:38 PM by Mikey.)

(11-07-2023, 01:53 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 03:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I didn’t want to bother critiquing your QB evaluation skills.

At least this time I agree, I was off the mark on Stroud completely. Kinda just figured he was going to fizzle out once he left that braindead offense they play at Ohio.

Rourke played at Ohio....get it right.

(11-08-2023, 02:04 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

I would argue we have a solid pass rush and he carved us up like a thanksgiving turkey.

we what now?

His two best games were against zone D with little pressure. I wonder if a team plays man or has better pass rush if that doesn't force the mistakes. I haven't sought out tinhorn games to watch, though, so no telling if he plays differently in those circumstances.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2023, 02:59 PM by cland. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-08-2023, 01:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: His two best games were against zone D with little pressure. I wonder if a team plays man or has better pass rush if that doesn't force the mistakes. I haven't sought out tinhorn games to watch, though, so no telling if he plays differently in those circumstances.

His worst game (Carolina) was when the front 4 were getting home without a blitz, but I think that's true of all QBs...with a slight exception for super mobile QBs.  He actually has been above average against the blitz, particularly for a rookie.  If you watch the film you'll notice DCs pulling back from the send-the-heat strategy against rooks.  Bobby Slowik's offense has some built in hot-routes, and CJ is already reading the defenses well enough to get the ball to them (TE Dalton Schultz has been key in this area, thanks Cowboys!)

Edit: Here's a video of CJ handling the Buccaneers blitz package. https://youtu.be/HJG6zx8ScLo?si=-iWsIu9fhsuQx447&t=469

Strange the URL works if you copy it into the browser, but doesn't work if you click the play button here in the forum.  Anyways jump to 7:51 to see.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2023, 02:41 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-08-2023, 02:14 PM)cland Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 01:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: His two best games were against zone D with little pressure. I wonder if a team plays man or has better pass rush if that doesn't force the mistakes. I haven't sought out tinhorn games to watch, though, so no telling if he plays differently in those circumstances.

His worst game (Carolina) was when the front 4 were getting home without a blitz, but I think that's true of all QBs...with a slight exception for super mobile QBs.  He actually has been above average against the blitz, particularly for a rookie.  If you watch the film you'll notice DCs pulling back from the send-the-heat strategy against rooks.  Bobby Slowik's offense has some built in hot-routes, and CJ is already reading the defenses well enough to get the ball to them (TE Dalton Schultz has been key in this area, thanks Cowboys!)

Agreed. Most QB's are human and begin to breakdown when adequate rush is there in their face. Especially with just a base front getting it done. Stroud seemed to have no issues against Pittsburgh though and they're one of the better pass rushing teams in the NFL. 

His next big test is probably the Browns and Ravens defensively. As they can get after the QB. I think he'll have some different looks with us as well when we see you out there in Houston here soon. He's a good QB though. The best of his class by a mile. Carolina absolutely screwed that up.

You mean Anthony Richardson? With indianapolis?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

CJ Stroud leads the Texans to the game winning FG against the Bengals. That's how it's done.

Texans might be this years 2022 Jags.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Nah we still winning the divison

the lose to panthers was a major upset.    Stroud is the real deal as qb.  Texns are for real this year. they killed us in jacksonville 37-17. the points jags got that game was basicly garbage time points.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Stroud is 2nd in the league in passing behind Sam Howell

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 10:40 PM by Jag88.)

Stroud is for real. Maybe nfl defenses will start to catch up with him.

Texans are growing up fast. They get two top draft picks one on each side of the ball and a new coach and can beat the big boys.

(11-12-2023, 10:54 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Texans are growing up fast.  They get two top draft picks one on each side of the ball and a new coach and can beat the big boys.

DeMeco has brought a huge culture change, and the players have bought in. Beating the Bengals with the huge amount of players on the injured list, not to mention the decimation of the OL in earlier games that they competed in (including two losses that were decided by a last second FG) shows that its working.

(11-13-2023, 12:17 AM)cland Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 10:54 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Texans are growing up fast.  They get two top draft picks one on each side of the ball and a new coach and can beat the big boys.

DeMeco has brought a huge culture change, and the players have bought in. Beating the Bengals with the huge amount of players on the injured list, not to mention the decimation of the OL in earlier games that they competed in (including two losses that were decided by a last second FG) shows that its working.

Yeah, I didn't think Ryans was the right hire in this Era of offense. So far, very very wrong.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Throw back to that one time I was called a [BLEEP] poster/sarcasm for saying he is the best QB in the division a few weeks ago. It's not even close. What Stroud is doing on a far less talented team overall (they may have a better O line) tells you everything you need to know about him. Truly great QBs mask a lot of bad, Stroud has "it" and as much as I hate the Tinhorns, great QB play is hard to not enjoy. He is killing it, and I fear for the rest of the division's future if he continues to improve.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2023, 10:04 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-07-2023, 11:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Houston as a franchise and a sports town, I have a lot of sympathy for them. They've had it as rough as Jacksonville. Bad years, bad management, bad coaching, and then ignored by the media when they're actually good. So I'm glad they're on to something with Stroud.

But when they play the Jags? All that goes away. F the tinhorns, 2 weeks a year.

You feel sorry for Houston as a sports town? Are you kidding? They've won 2 recent World Series, and 2 NBA Championships in the 90's. What's to feel sorry for?

How bout them jaguars? Big showdown.

Go jags!

Stroud started showing some signs of mental errors yesterday. I think they had quite a few lucky breaks. Especially with Murray coming back for the first time in a game since last year.

Stroud loves the middle of the football field. I notice that more than anything. We have to mix up the looks in coverage. Maybe get some Robber looks mixed in with Cisco and Jenkins. I expect a big game out of Lloyd in this one though. Lloyd and Oluokon will make some play or two in this one I think to get us ahead on the scoreboard.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 02:24 PM by Caldrac.)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzztVP6OGyP/...ODBiNWFlZA==

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Tom Brady giving CJ Stroud some really good advice there. He's 100% correct.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk