Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5 Jags vs Bills talk

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 05:16 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-09-2023, 12:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Didn't get to watch the game Sunday. Travelling back from Orlando at the time. Looks like they were listening though. 

Etienne - 26 carries for 136 yards - 2 TD's
Lawrence - 7 carries for 31 yards
Ridley - 2 carries for 14 yards
Bigsby - 3 carries for 8 yards
Kirk - 1 carry for 6 yards
Agnew - 1 carry for 1 yard

40 total rushing attempts, in what looks like, a really, really good variety of ways. 196 yards on the ground. That's really good football. Not sure what type of formations they did it out of but that's what I was calling for. When you're playing a physical defense? And they're travelling across the pond after demolishing QB's in the passing game two weeks in a row?

You have to figure out a way to run it at them and keep running it at them to give your QB a chance. Lawrence still got his [BLEEP] kicked and was under a lot of duress throughout the game from what I read but they all got it done big time yesterday. Hats off to the Clemson Crusaders. 

This offense would be in a ton of [BLEEP] without the TNT team. Trevor and Travis. More TNT from the Clemson Crusaders! LFG!!!!

Wasn't really a ton of power formation stuff, but they def stuck to their guns running ETN between the tackles until it paid off. OL did him no favors early and barely gave him a crease late, but he maximized his touches. ETN clearly bounced two called inside runs out to the corner for good gains as well. Figured we see him start to do that sooner or later and mentioned it in a thread last week. He's clearly tired of running into brick walls between the tackles. 
(we saw this last year but he hadn't been doing it yet this season - I assume coaches trying to get him to be patient for his blockers to do work - but... that ain't happening)

The rushes by receivers were end arounds and one quick pitch - and three of those called were very effective. 

Lawrences rushes were almost all improvised due to pressure - maybe one option play. 

Bigsby had a 3rd and one attempt foiled by Fortner getting beat. Stopped for no gain. They seemed to just stay with the hot hand of #1 so he didn't see many snaps.

This is you spinning your perspective to a guy that didn't watch the game...  Kinda wack.  But If Caldrac actually gets to watch the entire game, he wouldn't agree with your analysis...

They focused on throwing on First Down.  They made sure to get ETN off tackle early instead of just slamming him up the middle on First Down..  And they ran sweeps with WRs as well ON FIRST DOWN.  We kept the Bills D guessing the entire game, and it started in the 1st half with how we approached 1st Downs.

We didn't "stick to our guns".  We were running different plays from the get go.  The way you describe it, we were just running the same shotgun formation with ETN getting the ball to run up between the guards on every 1st Down.  That is absolutely not how the game went down, NYC...  And you know it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2023, 05:15 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wasn't really a ton of power formation stuff, but they def stuck to their guns running ETN between the tackles until it paid off. OL did him no favors early and barely gave him a crease late, but he maximized his touches. ETN clearly bounced two called inside runs out to the corner for good gains as well. Figured we see him start to do that sooner or later and mentioned it in a thread last week. He's clearly tired of running into brick walls between the tackles. 
(we saw this last year but he hadn't been doing it yet this season - I assume coaches trying to get him to be patient for his blockers to do work - but... that ain't happening)

The rushes by receivers were end arounds and one quick pitch - and three of those called were very effective. 

Lawrences rushes were almost all improvised due to pressure - maybe one option play. 

Bigsby had a 3rd and one attempt foiled by Fortner getting beat. Stopped for no gain. They seemed to just stay with the hot hand of #1 so he didn't see many snaps.

This is you spinning your perspective to a guy that didn't watch the game...  Kinda wack.  But If Caldrac actually gets to watch the entire game, he wouldn't agree with your analysis...

They focused on throwing on First Down.  They made sure to get ETN off tackle early instead of just slamming him up the middle on First Down..  And they ran sweeps with WRs as well ON FIRST DOWN.  We kept the Bills D guessing the entire game, and it started in the 1st half with how we approached 1st Downs.

We didn't "stick to our guns".  We were running different plays from the get go.  The way you describe it, we were just running the same shotgun formation with ETN getting the ball to run up between the guards on every 1st Down.  That is absolutely not how the game went down, NYC...  And you know it.

We ran on first down more than we passed. 

ETN ran in the middle on lots of those.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 05:54 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-09-2023, 05:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 05:15 PM)carp8dm Wrote: This is you spinning your perspective to a guy that didn't watch the game...  Kinda wack.  But If Caldrac actually gets to watch the entire game, he wouldn't agree with your analysis...

We ran on first down more than we passed. 

I only did the 1st half... 

We threw on 1st down 9 times.

We ran up the middle on 1st down 2 times.

And then we ran off tackle or swept on 1st down to a RB or WR 4 times.

So 9 times passing on first.

6 times running on 1st.  But with only 2 of the 6 being the predictable ETN run between the guards.  It was a different game plan.  It just was.  Different plan, different play calling compared to weeks 1 through 3.  I'm all for the new play calling.  But it's obvious they've changed it compared to the beginning of the season.

(10-09-2023, 05:54 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 05:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: We ran on first down more than we passed. 

I only did the 1st half... 

6 times running on 1st.  But with only 2 of the 6 being the predictable ETN run between the guards.  It was a different game plan.  It just was.  Different plan, different play calling compared to weeks 1 through 3.  I'm all for the new play calling.  But it's obvious they've changed it compared to the beginning of the season.

Are you aware that they plan for every single opponent with a different game plan?
LOL

I'm glad you support the new play calling that isn't actually new at all. But as long as you're happy about it...

(10-09-2023, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 05:54 PM)carp8dm Wrote: I only did the 1st half... 

Are you aware that they plan for every single opponent with a different game plan?
LOL

I'm glad you support the new play calling that isn't actually new at all. But as long as you're happy about it...

Dude, it is new.  You run 1st and 10 up the middle for 3 weeks, and then change it up, it's a new game plan.  That's how it works.

It's new.  Now, if you think they are playing a vanilla game plan for the first month in order to lose a couple games so that we can win more important games later in the year, OK.  Cool.  But I don't think you've ever said that.

You just think it's all the same game plan and play calling, when I've already demonstrated that it's not.  Sunday's game plan and play calling was clearly different.  We were pass heavy Sunday.  That's not the same as any other game this year.  

Dude, come on.  I'm trying to find points of agreement.  But don't try and prove that Sunday's game plan and play calling was anything like what we saw in the last 3 weeks.  It's not even close.

(10-09-2023, 08:43 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 12:56 AM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Thats a pretty lazy take tbh.

sometimes being correct is the easiest path to take. Doesn't require all those detours, leaps and obscuring details.

(10-08-2023, 01:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So where's all the people who said the Bills were going to destroy us?

glad to hear the rotator cuff is doing well. Keep patting yourself on the back, I guess?

Dunno how anyone could have come out of our first four weeks and been brimming with confidence against a team that just smoked one of the hottest teams in the AFC. But again, congrats on your superior prognostication abilities.

I recommend you take the next step and start investing in powerball tickets.

Can't remember what thread it was, but it was a reply to somebody saying we'd get destroyed. I said I wouldn't be so sure of that, this team has proven they can hang with any team in the league. Didn't predict a victory, but said win or lose that it would be a close game. It was indeed that.

Although really we should have blown em out. Game wasn't really as close as the score may say.

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1711...WbLxA&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I’m watching the replay of the Bills game on the NFL network. When Trevor threw the first TD, Oliver tried to take his head off. Does that guy have a reputation as a dirty player?

(10-10-2023, 08:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m watching the replay of the Bills game on the NFL network. When Trevor threw the first TD, Oliver tried to take his head off. Does that guy have a reputation as a dirty player?

If i'm being honest the last time I remember hearing his name was around the time he got drafted.