Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5 Jags vs Bills talk

(10-05-2023, 03:01 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Fellers, I have a feeling were coming back to the states 2-0...

Just for the hype to be at an all time and than drop a turd on the Clots and were back (including me) to having mental breakdowns.

Might want to see a shrink, the Jaguars already have two losses, they can't come back 2-0 this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-05-2023, 04:10 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 05:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I want to see good old fashioned power football this Sunday. Just run it right at them.

Go heavy set with 8 blockers tight to the line and let Ridley and Kirk work the outside here and there and take some shots.

Need to try something different I think to beat Buffalo.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

As for the game on Sunday...

If we go run heavy on Sunday, it'll be a blowout.  There's no way we beat the Bills by running 1st down like we've been doing.

If we're gonna run the same play calling that we have been, we'll always be behind the sticks.  The Bills are going to score early.  And if we think we can just run heavy, it's gonna be a disaster.  How is running heavy doing something different?  All we have been doing is running heavy and forcing the opposing Defense to put 8 in the box.  It's not working...

We have to really attack the field and make the Bills D not know what is happening next.  If we just run on first, then screen on second, then we'll wind up with 3rd and long.  And then we're toast.  We gotta change up the game plan on offense.

On D, the Good Josh Allen needs to ball out like he did a couple years ago.  If Josh Allen can smoke the Bills O-line like he did last time we played them, we have a chance to win...
Running heavy or running out of Shotgun? Those are not the same concepts.

Do you even Power I Formation, bro? Do you even Weak I Formation, mate?

What about deep dish left? POW Stack left or POW left?

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I wanna see the pass out to etn down the sideline that doug pulled out of his undies to help us win against chargers last year

(10-05-2023, 09:28 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootbal...-we-played

Man, I want to see the front seven GO OFF this week!  If they do, Allen loves throwing them picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how we win if we do.

Would love to see this offense do what Chicago is doing tonight. They have been unstoppable in this first half.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Dare we hope for a elijah cooks apperance

(10-05-2023, 07:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 03:01 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Fellers, I have a feeling were coming back to the states 2-0...

Just for the hype to be at an all time and than drop a turd on the Clots and were back (including me) to having mental breakdowns.

Might want to see a shrink, the Jaguars already have two losses, they can't come back 2-0 this season.
Jaguars are 1-0 in London so far this season.

Were about to be 2-0.

Congrats to McManus ST player of the week

I enjoy how British announcers say Jag-you-uhs. Much better than Jag-wires!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-06-2023, 01:42 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I enjoy how British announcers say Jag-you-uhs. Much better than Jag-wires! 

We say Jag-wuars, not Jag-wires.

(10-06-2023, 02:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 01:42 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I enjoy how British announcers say Jag-you-uhs. Much better than Jag-wires! 

We say Jag-wuars, not Jag-wires.

WE do. The rest of the country struggles…

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

They also say al-you-min-E-um.

So, whatever.

(10-06-2023, 02:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...72703?s=20

What's this mean?

(10-06-2023, 02:22 PM)I Caldrac Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 02:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...72703?s=20

What's this mean?

Means the Jags Def is very good against 12 personnel which is what the Bills run the most
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023, 02:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-06-2023, 02:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

What's this mean?

We are very good when the opposing offense has 1 RB and 2 TE sets.  The Bills run a ton of plays with Knox and Kincaid on the field at the same time

Zay Jones back is huge for our offense

Zay back
Agnew back
Cam at LT
Little at LG
Antonio Johnson making his debut

If only Hamilton were back too but still I’d rather come in against Buffalo with all these guys back and healthy than what we’ve been dealing with. Optimistic about Johnson
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-05-2023, 07:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 04:10 PM)carp8dm Wrote: As for the game on Sunday...

If we go run heavy on Sunday, it'll be a blowout.  There's no way we beat the Bills by running 1st down like we've been doing.

If we're gonna run the same play calling that we have been, we'll always be behind the sticks.  The Bills are going to score early.  And if we think we can just run heavy, it's gonna be a disaster.  How is running heavy doing something different?  All we have been doing is running heavy and forcing the opposing Defense to put 8 in the box.  It's not working...

We have to really attack the field and make the Bills D not know what is happening next.  If we just run on first, then screen on second, then we'll wind up with 3rd and long.  And then we're toast.  We gotta change up the game plan on offense.

On D, the Good Josh Allen needs to ball out like he did a couple years ago.  If Josh Allen can smoke the Bills O-line like he did last time we played them, we have a chance to win...
Running heavy or running out of Shotgun? Those are not the same concepts.

The mentor is calling for 65 Toss Power Trap

(10-06-2023, 07:25 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 07:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Running heavy or running out of Shotgun? Those are not the same concepts.

The mentor is calling for 65 Toss Power Trap

or a shovel pass in the BS zone.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023, 11:14 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-06-2023, 02:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 02:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What's this mean?

We are very good when the opposing offense has 1 RB and 2 TE sets.  The Bills run a ton of plays with Knox and Kincaid on the field at the same time

Zay Jones back is huge for our offense

The few times I’ve seen Buffalo play this year, I don’t think I’ve seen Kincaid line up as a traditional tight end at all. He lines up and is deployed more like a wide receiver.  

Does anyone know if that’s typical for when teams run 12 personnel or might we be fooling ourselves with these labels?