Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars vs Colts talk

On 3rd and long I want to see

Allen-Smoot-Walker-Abdulah

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm just glad to see him back. He's worked very hard to return to the highest level of his sport from an injury that was considered career ending not too long ago. Along with Hamilton, our pass rush should be revitalized. Hopefully. Maybe. Perhaps.

(10-14-2023, 08:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: On 3rd and long I want to see

I think it's worth the shot. Have to try something different.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 09:04 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good article by Gene Frenette outlining the decision the Jags FO must make when the mid-season trade comes along. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/gene-frenette-j...14853.html

What Doug is saying about Smoot's "pitch count". 

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/10...-pederson/

Yep.  Bring in the Nascar package.  Also,  would take Allen/Abdullah rushing over Allen/Chaisson or Chaisson/Walker anyday.

I figure Smoot gets around 15-20 snaps and splits them between OLB and DT

Hoping Abdullah gets Chaisson's snaps - seen enough there

Offensively - Trevor should have a heyday when protected going against rookie corners with Ridley and co.

Engram should be a nightmare for a Gus Bradley defense and I'd look for ETN to shine in the screen game and swing passes

Fortner and whomever mans LG are in for yet another test

The Colts have secret weapon 1st round pick Taven Bryan. Smile

Most likely like most divisional games ... Down to the wire.

(10-14-2023, 05:22 PM)Sammy Wrote: The Colts have secret weapon 1st round pick Taven Bryan. Smile

Taven and Gardner? 

We're done for now. 

Greetings, Sammy. Welcome back.

Luke Farrell the 6th captain

(10-14-2023, 08:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 05:22 PM)Sammy Wrote: The Colts have secret weapon 1st round pick Taven Bryan. Smile

Taven and Gardner? 

We're done for now. 

I second this.

Good to see you back, Sammy.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-14-2023, 11:54 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:

Yep.  Bring in the Nascar package.  Also,  would take Allen/Abdullah rushing over Allen/Chaisson or Chaisson/Walker anyday.

Abdullah is inactive so were not getting this today.

(10-15-2023, 12:24 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 11:54 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Yep.  Bring in the Nascar package.  Also,  would take Allen/Abdullah rushing over Allen/Chaisson or Chaisson/Walker anyday.

Figures.

(10-14-2023, 11:54 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Yep.  Bring in the Nascar package.  Also,  would take Allen/Abdullah rushing over Allen/Chaisson or Chaisson/Walker anyday.

Devin Lloyd is active.  I wonder if there is some chance that they could line him up at OLB and let him rush the passer.

Not looking forward to Chaisson getting considerable playing time.

(10-14-2023, 08:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Taven and Gardner? 

We're done for now. 

(10-14-2023, 09:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Taven and Gardner? 

We're done for now. 

I second this.

Good to see you back, Sammy.

Thank you, friends. Hopefully a good safe game. I have all my lucky items in place, so I expect a win.

Engram is the key today, Gus's defense doesn't cover the TE, or the middle of the field in general.

They really need to alter course on this Chaisson over Abdullah strategy. 

I watched Chaisson get blocked out of stopping a simple screen pass at the LOS today by a 190 pound receiver. 
Ugh. 
He is just not a good football player.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 08:27 AM by Mikey.)

(10-13-2023, 08:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 06:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Heck I can already answer that question. Walker has played in 20 career games and has mustard up just 5.5 sacks. The answer is probably not.
I think you meant relish’d up.

I'm just now trying to ketchup with this thread.

(10-13-2023, 09:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 08:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think you meant relish’d up.

Pat Mahomes has ketchup'd 203 touchdowns in his career thus far.

Wasn't Scott Aioli the GM when they picked him?

They still let you in the door?

J/K, good to see you, hope things are well with you and yours.

(10-15-2023, 05:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 12:24 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Abdullah is inactive so were not getting this today.

They really need to alter course on this Chaisson over Abdullah strategy. 

I watched Chaisson get blocked out of stopping a simple screen pass at the LOS today by a 190 pound receiver. 
Ugh. 
He is just not a good football player.

He did get a coverage and effort sack after Minshew just ran by him and stopped.  Maybe we can trade him for something like an OL with a mid round pick.