Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Browns Gameday***

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 04:27 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-11-2023, 03:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We scored 27 points on a Browns team that's been fantastic at home all year. With a gimped up Lawrence and a banged up offensive line on a short week with limited repetitions and no Kirk offensively.

We were one point shy (again, questionable coaching decisions, easily could have resulted in more points) from tying Baltimore's 28 points that scored in their home turf which would have been the most points they had given up all year at home. That's with a [BLEEP] TON of turnovers as well. A [BLEEP] TON.

That's against the #1 overall defense. Some of you are so [BLEEP] casual as fans I can't stand being on here at times. Some of you are so quick to jump the gun or abandon ship when you're not seeing just how crazy and wide open the AFC has been this year. Not all's lost. That game was. But, there's still plenty of [BLEEP] football left and we're going to make the play-offs regardless, come hell or high water.

But, my god, settle the [BLEEP] down. R-E-L-A-X.

Fair enough but I suspect a lot of people feel we should be beyond taking comfort in moral victories by now.

I don't think it's so much as taking comfort in moral victories and what have you. I think it's understanding that this team was in an uphill battle for nearly two decades, and, it just got lucky with Lawrence and Pederson. 

The problem is that, the victories have been there for this team and this fanbase is not used to this. What you're seeing this year, and, just like last year. This is exactly what good teams look like. Competent. Competitive. Losing close games. Winning close games. Occasionally blowing somebody out. 

This team has a lot of work to do still. Most of you already knew that. We're not the only fanbase crying like this right now though. Chiefs Kingdom, Bills Mafia, Eagles Flock, Ravens Flock, 49ers Faithful, etc. 

ALL of them would have something to say. Very similar to what we're seeing on here. However, in order to be successful, a lot of these guys still have to learn how to walk before they can run. It's not easy winning. It's not easy keeping your spirits alive and up and running. It takes time. 

We could end up winning like this for a few more years, or, maybe this is it, maybe we peak right here in 2023 and we begin to slowly decline. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. Just glad we're [BLEEP] about this play call, or, that player here or that player there in the middle of December for a change. Instead of, "Oh boy! Oh boy! Who are we taking with the 4th or 5th overall pick in April fellas?!? Will they turn our franchise around?!?!?".

We're right where we need to be for now. Enjoy it. That's all I am saying.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 03:01 PM by Firesky.)

Josh Allen should be a probowl and All-Pro lock. He just split a double team for a sack and is top 6 in the league in sacks. With that I believe he just tied Calais Campbells single season franchise record

SWAGNEW!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(12-31-2023, 02:58 PM)Firesky Wrote: Josh Allen should be a probowl and All-Pro lock. He just split a double team for a sack and is top 6 in the league in sacks. With that I believe he just tied Calais Campbells single season franchise record

SWAGNEW!

Dude, you're in the wrong thread.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato