Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Ravens Gameday***

(12-18-2023, 06:30 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 01:34 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: Did you literally not say get rid of Trevor to team like colts or titans....and fire Peterson....so I just imagined it....or are you going to go back and delete your posts

I'm a fan you're not.... you're a troll

So bad fans = bad management bawaaaha bawaaahaaaaa.... seriously dude

1. No I never said get RID of Lawrence - in fact I said the opposite. I said get RID of Doug Pederson because he is the ROOT cause of what's going on right now and why our offense has stalled under the worst OC in the league.

But it's cute how you attempted to lie and twist words to your advange, like I said fans that accepts and are okay with mediocre results piss me off.

2. Yes bad fans like you = bad front offices because you are TOTALLY fine with these results proven by your idiotic comments that make you daily, while Shad Khan still loves to get your money every Sunday and could careless about the product on the field.
You said he should leave and go to a divisional opponent

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it's time to open up the passing game, too many runs for no gain, too many screens/rpos for 1-2 yard gains. We need to start playing NFL style football on offense.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 09:15 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2023, 08:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think it's time to open up the passing game, too many runs for no gain, too many screens/rpos for 1-2 yard gains. We need to start playing NFL style football on offense.

I don't know if they can do that now with Kirk out and now Zay out. It looks like this team unfortunately hit the injury bug at the worst time of the year. It is what it is man. 

Curbing my enthusiasm. We're not there yet, and, that's okay. Prosser made a good point on the radio show this morning, some of which some of us on here have already stated numerous times. 

This front office and coaching staff entered the 2023 off season resting it's laurels on a 9 - 8 record last year, that barely made it into the play-offs to begin with. It was far from a finished product and the fact that Baalke had 13 picks in April's draft, and, whether anybody wants to hear it or not, NONE of them have really done ANYTHING. 

Period. Harrison is a 1st RD pick. He's going to start. For better or worse. But, other than a few splash plays from Strange, which is probably less than five in total, and then, Parker Washington as recently as last week and Antonio Johnson here and there? We have virtually no impact players making a difference immediately from this class.

That's now with the WR room wiped out and the offensive line wiped out. Sure, it's fantastic and encouraging to see Walker progressing this year, and, I think he'll keep it going with three games left, especially with these match up's, but, the writing's on the wall. 

This team drank the koolaid in the off season and they've pretty much lost to teams that are either right at .500 or officially above .500. Which means this team is a middling team. It's not an ascending team. It's not a complete team. It's not a consistently competitive team. And, again, much like last year? We're still seeing the same issues. 

Untimely pre snap penalties, miscues, turnovers, poor clock management, bad situational awareness and poor coaching decisions at times. This team cannot play a complete game to save it's life at the moment. And it's not going to until a better scouting department, personnel builder and decision maker is inserted into that building.

I don't care if this team limps into the post season and wins ONE game. Changes need to be made in the front office and they need to be made on the coaching staff. And stop with the "This team is too talented to be blah, blah, blah". That's nonsense. Listen, in this league? Talent is consistent, talent wins football games, talent makes the improbable, probable. This team doesn't have enough talent. 

This team BARELY has enough talent to find it's dick at 2:30 AM after drinking all night and trying to piss itself sober in a dark dive bar somewhere before getting on the road and trying to get home just 20 minutes down the road. Pump the brakes folks. We're onto Tampa Bay.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2023, 08:52 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 06:30 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: 1. No I never said get RID of Lawrence - in fact I said the opposite. I said get RID of Doug Pederson because he is the ROOT cause of what's going on right now and why our offense has stalled under the worst OC in the league.

But it's cute how you attempted to lie and twist words to your advange, like I said fans that accepts and are okay with mediocre results piss me off.

2. Yes bad fans like you = bad front offices because you are TOTALLY fine with these results proven by your idiotic comments that make you daily, while Shad Khan still loves to get your money every Sunday and could careless about the product on the field.
You said he should leave and go to a divisional opponent

Another lie.

Why do you lie so much???

(12-18-2023, 10:22 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 08:52 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: You said he should leave and go to a divisional opponent

Another lie.

At this point you're trying so hard to prove you're not a troll that it makes you look even more like a troll. If you weren't a troll you would just agree to disagree and move on.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(12-18-2023, 10:34 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 10:22 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Another lie.

At this point you're trying so hard to prove you're not a troll that it makes you look even more like a troll. If you weren't a troll you would just agree to disagree and move on.

So I should agree with something I never said.

Maybe you should agree that he is a liar.

Gentlemen:

Please move on from the name calling and "he said, she said" stuff and post something relevant/on-topic.

(12-18-2023, 11:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Gentlemen:

Please move on from the name calling and "he said, she said" stuff and post something relevant/on-topic.

Will do good sir.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I don’t know about you folks, but I’m burnt out today from the Jaguars roller coaster of hopelessness.

(12-18-2023, 11:18 AM)Protozoa Wrote:

Will do good sir.

Much appreciated.

Thank you. Serious fans of this team don't need to see this back and forth childishness!

(12-18-2023, 11:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t know about you folks, but I’m burnt out today from the Jaguars roller coaster of hopelessness.

It was hard for me to talk myself into Sunday night knowing we where going to the slaughter and Monday was an early work day. 

If we don't win in Tampa I don't know if I can muster up the willpower to go to the Carolina game. I'm emotionally exhausted
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-18-2023, 11:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t know about you folks, but I’m burnt out today from the Jaguars roller coaster of hopelessness.

I'm with you bro. I was thinking for a bit last night that it's too bad that "The Factory of Sadness" was already taken as a nickname for a stadium. But then I reminded myself that we still have a chance to win the division. The most important game is always the next game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

After watching some of the replays this AM, the effort on the defensive side doesnt look too bad. Jackson is amazing, that scramble and eventual bomb to Likely can only be made by about 3 QBs in the league. The offense and special teams are the reason for this loss.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-18-2023, 01:09 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:35 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Brilliant post. This team is young and hasn't really been 'built'. We spent a ton in FA and cobbled together a team that went on a magical run. Repeating this year would have been an achievement but some act like we should be winning the SB. The Niners, Chiefs, Eagles etc have been building those teams for years. We are starting that journey and are building it and we have some good pieces but we are still a long way from being a legit SB contender. I'm happy with playoffs and you never know what happens.

But this team, after so many years of being so so bad is turning a corner. We're becoming a competitor in the AFC and that's actual progress.
Thanks. I'm glad somebody else sees things this way. I get the frustration after we suffered year after year with horrible teams lead by quarterbacks who either couldn't throw a spiral or were just simply mediocre at best. I really believe that Lawrence has what it takes to be an elite quarterback- arm strength, toughness and leadership to name just 3 things required of a franchise q.b. Obviously, he needs to correct the mistakes and I believe he will. As far as Doug Pederson goes, he is the best coach in the team's history in my opinion. Coaches don't drop passes, miss blocks or run wrong routes. He has the perfect temperament for a coach and the players seem to really respect him. I really believe games are usually won on the line of scrimmage and Baalke must address this for the team to take the next step. The interior of the OL has been a glaring weakness which has hurt both the passing and running games. Fix this and next season should make up for the disappointment of 2023-24.

It's so nice to have a sensible, rational conversation about the team. A lot of hot takes and knee jerk reaction but I understand. Completely agree about Trevor, easily the best QB I've seen for us and I feel sorry for him right now. Playing through 2 injuries, injuries taking the Oline and WR help away and getting no real help with the run game. It's all on him right now and there's errors, mistakes and miscommunication which is really hurting us.

Completely agree about Doug too. Looking at the past few HC's, Gus was a nice guy but bad HC, Marrone got progressively worse the longer he was here and Urban was the worst HC job I've ever seen. Doug has done so much in so little time and is doing it with a lot of the players the others failed with. He's instilled a great atmosphere and identity in the team and that was a monumental task after Meyer. I feel the coaches are doing the best they can with the talent they have and they have made mistakes too, they are just starting to see what guys work in systems and get what they are doing.

Baalke has a huge task this offseason. Resign Allen, extend Lawrence, make decisions with cuts for cap space and we need to add some quality starters and depth. That could be vet help from FA or draft (much harder) but he needs to get every decision right this offseason. Both lines have to be a priority and I'd like some more depth at DB. 

Looking at this season, we are 8-6. That's not bad at all. It feels disappointing going from 8-3 to 8-6 and the injuries are really hurting us but we've got through the brutal part of the schedule in a pretty good spot. This team never does things the easy way and I still think that fighting attitude is there with the team. We played pretty well last night but the missed FG's and mistakes were absolute killers. We aren't getting blown away and beaten by 40+. A win would do wonders for everyone and I think Doug, like you say, won't overreact or panic, remind the team where they are and what they can achieve. Our future is still in our hands and a W Sunday would be the perfect Christmas present.

(12-18-2023, 08:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think it's time to open up the passing game, too many runs for no gain, too many screens/rpos for 1-2 yard gains. We need to start playing NFL style football on offense.

The problem is the team has 0 running game.  They are trying to create an artificial running games by all the short passes but it is not working. 

Baalke is to blame for not addressing the offensive line in the offseason. I and may others were saying the line was not good enough. Well here is the I told you so moment.

First time watching a Doug Pederson offense last night?

We started out running from heavy personnel and it was actually positive, play actions off that were open and we looked to be "back". But once we started rolling the wrong way it always rolled the wrong way.