Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers vs Jags

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023, 03:12 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jags players want to survive too. Losing to the panthers would not be a good look.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

per 1010xl
TLaw ruled out

(12-29-2023, 04:51 PM)jagshype Wrote: per 1010xl
TLaw ruled out

Going to be fun to see how the team plays now on Sunday without him. You're playing the worst team in the NFL. Should be able to win this even with a back-up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

With Lawrence being out now, this late in the year? Playing through injury? A few heads need to roll in February. Coaching staff and front office need to be shaken up for rolling him out there with that dog [BLEEP] offensive line and no running game.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Disappointing the season will most likely end Sunday Sad

Well that sucks.

No run game for CJ to lean on. Poor Oline. CJ not as good as Trevor at managing the pocket. Not as good at creating extra yards with his legs. No Kirk.

Gonna be a doozy.

(12-29-2023, 05:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well that sucks.

No run game for CJ to lean on. Poor Oline. CJ not as good as Trevor at managing the pocket. Not as good at creating extra yards with his legs. No Kirk.

Gonna be a doozy.

If the team really cared, they would rally and play their hearts out for Trevor, Kirk, and the fans..at least show something promising if they make the playoffs

Send in barkely

We're [BLEEP]. Here's to a good offseason.

Well, IF we somehow win (possible given it’s the panthers), then hopefully the week off allows Trevor to heal up to make a push. Beathard just needs to play his heart out.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023, 05:48 PM by rfc17.)

(12-28-2023, 04:57 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Current scenarios (1)  If we win next two obviously we win the division....(2) we beat Carolina have the Texans and colts lose we win the division....(3) We win against Carolina colts lose ...Texans win... and then fast forward to week 18 If we lose against the Titans and colts beat Texans we win the division If the Texans beat the colts then we go to the seventh seed and that only stands If browns beat Bangles.... So if we beat Carolina and lose to the Titans we need Bengals to drop to Cleveland.... Considering colts will lose to the raiders.... If colts Texans and Jags all win this week and we lose to Tennessee It doesn't matter what the colts Texans do in the last game we lose the division the only way we get in is with a Bengals loss at that point.... So here's to us winning this week.  the colts losing this week and then colts winning next week Then we can drop a game against Tennessee it won't matter we win the division....

It shouldn't need to be said, but of course, we're better off just taking care of our own business.  But for those who are interested in other scenarios....

Ironically if we are to make it as a wild card, we're better off going 1-1 losing to panthers instead of the titans as that extra conference win gives us a little extra juice in the tiebreakers.  Obviously if we lose to the Panthers it'll feel like the season is over although we'd still have a chance.  As you said, we'll need the Bengals to lose at least one of their two games (preferably both), this week against KC or the final week against the Browns (there is one a million chance the Bengals win both and we get in but that seems too far fetched).  I feel good about the Bengals losing this week to KC as the Chiefs still don't have the division locked up.  Chiefs are pretty beat up but would still bet on Reid/Mahomes in a big game for them.

However, for those interested in games to follow, one game we should be rooting for this week is the Dolphins over the Ravens.  If Ravens win, I'm pretty sure that would officially lock the Browns into the 5th seed.  And in that case, how would they approach their season finale against the Bengals who would still be playing to get in?  It would be very beneficial for us to have the Browns with something to play for that final week.  The Browns can not only still win the division but they are still in play for #1 overall seed.

Let’s hope for the best. It’s a team game.

(12-29-2023, 05:54 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Let’s hope for the best. It’s a team game.

Hope in one hand and [BLEEP] in the other, see which fills up first.

Beathard is 2-10 in his NFL career as a starter. The Jaguars best chances are to run the ball with Etienne . Cam Robinson's return should help greatly replacing a very banged up Walker Little. Definitely expect a close game as Young probably had his best outing last week and their injury list is shorter than in recent weeks. Missing their starting nickel can hopefully be exploited. Lets just hope the team rallies around Beathard and finally plays an error-free game.

Jaguars 24
Panthers 21

(12-29-2023, 07:05 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Beathard is 2-10 in his NFL career as a starter. The Jaguars best chances are to run the ball with Etienne . Cam Robinson's return should help greatly replacing a very banged up Walker Little. Definitely expect a close game as Young probably had his best outing last week and their injury list is shorter than in recent weeks. Missing their starting nickel can hopefully be exploited. Lets just hope the team rallies around Beathard and finally plays an error-free game.

Jaguars 24
Panthers 21

I would run right between cam and the lg

(12-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: With Lawrence being out now, this late in the year? Playing through injury? A few heads need to roll in February. Coaching staff and front office need to be shaken up for rolling him out there with that dog [BLEEP] offensive line and no running game.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1740871176191435069

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1740872175757021469
No Fun

If there is that much drama in the building that doesn't bode well for Sunday.

Putting that aside, a change at QB could be beneficial. Could provide a little juice for the other players to pick their game up. But more importantly will force the team to rethink their offensive strategy. It has been too stale and reliant on trevor. This will force them to run the ball more, design easier plays for the qb to execute, etc...

Plus it seems like every other team has benefited from a change to the backup even if for only a game or two. Why not us.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023, 08:07 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Win and possibly win the afc south. That’s huge! That’s all the juice you need. Playoff opportunity is a privilege that you never know how often you will achieve. Jags better Seize the moment.

(12-29-2023, 08:01 PM)rfc17 Wrote: If there is that much drama in the building that doesn't bode well for Sunday.

Putting that aside, a change at QB could be beneficial. Could provide a little juice for the other players to pick their game up. But more importantly will force the team to rethink their offensive strategy. It has been too stale and reliant on trevor. This will force them to run the ball more, design easier plays for the qb to execute, etc...

Plus it seems like every other team has benefited from a change to the backup even if for only a game or two. Why not us.
I'll be shocked if they changed anything with the offense. They keep saying the players have to execute and keep calling the same plays week after week.

You can hear the drama and see it on the field. This isn't Meyer bad but it's failing apart.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Welp I have zero confidence in this game.