Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Titans Gameday***

(01-07-2024, 05:04 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:01 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Damn. Such a good season and injuries, mistakes and bad form cost us big time. There's going to be a lot of hot takes and overreaction but just remember it's 2 winning seasons in a row. There's been progress and we still have a long way to go.

Just take the good and bad of this season into consideration.

It was a collapse of monumental scale. We were 8-3 and finished 9-8 and missed the playoffs by losing to a 5-win team. Our supposed franchise quarterback looked pedestrian at best after we told he was the second coming of whoever the [BLEEP] all offseason. There is no good in that, period. Don't bother sugarcoating it.

Except for the busted knee, ankle, concussion and shoulder. The run game giving nothing, the D giving up 28+ a game. There's plenty of people who should get the blame, not just Lawrence. He's cost us aswell but the blown coverages, miscommunication, playcalling, execution. Its been a lot of reasons why the season ended how it did.

But for such a disaster of a franchise we still ended 9-8. Like I said 2 winning seasons in a row and for a team two years from #1 pick 2 years in a row we are moving in the right direction.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2024, 05:08 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Just stop. Yes a different QB may have scored more points. You’re delusional if you can’t see there are issues there.

Who do you replace him with?

Justin Fields is probably available after this season.

(01-07-2024, 05:07 PM)tyus Wrote: Is this the biggest meltdown in nfl history? 8-3 to 9-8 and missing the playoffs. Ouch

I looked it up a couple weeks ago curious myself, its in the top 4 or 5 I think but not the biggest.

(01-07-2024, 05:08 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 04:58 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Said it 2-3 months ago and I will say it again. The BEST QB in the South. By a mile.

So go root for the Texans...oh wait you already do

It's funny how defensive you get. Are you and Trevor [BLEEP]?

CJ Stroud had a better year this year than Trevor has ever had and he has less weapons.

(01-07-2024, 05:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:08 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Who do you replace him with?

I don’t know if you replace him at this point. He’s still got potential but there’s reasonable cause to be concerned.

I've always viewed Lawrence as a Stafford type QB. This season made me feel pretty good about that take as Stafford was a turnover machine at the start of his career.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-07-2024, 05:02 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 04:57 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Go away Texans fan

Im a texans fan because stroud is better?

Clown

Someone boot this [BLEEP] clown.... seriously he's not even a fan

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 05:12 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

(01-07-2024, 05:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:04 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: It was a collapse of monumental scale. We were 8-3 and finished 9-8 and missed the playoffs by losing to a 5-win team. Our supposed franchise quarterback looked pedestrian at best after we told he was the second coming of whoever the [BLEEP] all offseason. There is no good in that, period. Don't bother sugarcoating it.

Except for the busted knee, ankle, concussion and shoulder. The run game giving nothing, the D giving up 28+ a game. There's plenty of people who should get the blame, not just Lawrence. He's cost us aswell but the blown coverages, miscommunication, playcalling, execution. Its been a lot of reasons why the season ended how it did.

But for such a disaster of a franchise we still ended 9-8. Like I said 2 winning seasons in a row and for a team two years from #1 pick 2 years in a row we are moving in the right direction.

Yes yes and we are all so hopeful after the Jags in '05. Then again in '07. Then again in '17. Then again in '22. What does it all lead to? Nothing. This franchise is a loser. We always think we are moving in the right direction after a single successful season. Yet we always end up in the dumpster.

(01-07-2024, 05:11 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I don’t know if you replace him at this point. He’s still got potential but there’s reasonable cause to be concerned.

I've always viewed Lawrence as a Stafford type QB. This season made me feel pretty good about that take as Stafford was a turnover machine at the start of his career.

Please do not disrespect Stafford like that man, TL couldn't hold Stafford's jock. That man carried those terrible Lions teams... Trevor needs everything around him to be perfect to have a 200 yd 1 td game.

(01-07-2024, 05:11 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I don’t know if you replace him at this point. He’s still got potential but there’s reasonable cause to be concerned.

I sincerely hope we will see some 450 yard 4 TD and 0 INT performances on the other end of that Stafford QB spectrum as well.

Stafford never had talent like Engram, Zay, ETN, Kirk, and Ridley.

Thats a solid all around recieving corps.

Stafford best weapon was Megatron and thats it.

(01-07-2024, 05:11 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:08 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: So go root for the Texans...oh wait you already do

It's funny how defensive you get. Are you and Trevor [BLEEP]?

CJ Stroud had a better year this year than Trevor has ever had and he has less weapons.

I'm so confused about this, last time I checked the Jaguars didn't have the opportunity to draft Stroud so what does that have to do with Trevor.

When people talk about Lamar it at least makes since because we could have drafted him.

(01-07-2024, 05:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:08 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Who do you replace him with?

I don’t know if you replace him at this point. He’s still got potential but there’s reasonable cause to be concerned.

Well there is one more year to decide.  Finding even a top 15 qb isn't easy. Better have a good idea who the replacement is if decision is to get rid of him.

(01-07-2024, 05:13 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Stafford never had talent like Engram, Zay, ETN, Kirk, and Ridley.

Lol Zay Jones is not that spectacular and Ridley is a bum.

(01-07-2024, 05:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:04 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Lol it was defense all the way...you think CJ could have scored 30 points your freaking high

Just stop. Yes a different QB may have scored more points. You’re delusional if you can’t see there are issues there.

You're just being stupid now.....ya starting CJ would have kept the defense from allowing 28 points....get out of here you sound stupid right now....no way CJ could have even close to keeping up in this game....you have no clue what you're talking about

(01-07-2024, 05:13 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:11 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It's funny how defensive you get. Are you and Trevor [BLEEP]?

I'm so confused about this, last time I checked the Jaguars didn't have the opportunity to draft Stroud so what does that have to do with Trevor.

When people talk about Lamar it at least makes since because we could have drafted him.

Because Stroud is in our division. People hate seeing that another team drafted a QB that is doing what we expected Trevor to do.

(01-07-2024, 05:12 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Except for the busted knee, ankle, concussion and shoulder. The run game giving nothing, the D giving up 28+ a game. There's plenty of people who should get the blame, not just Lawrence. He's cost us aswell but the blown coverages, miscommunication, playcalling, execution. Its been a lot of reasons why the season ended how it did.

Yes yes and we are all so hopeful after the Jags in '05. Then again in '07. Then again in '17. Then again in '22. What does it all lead to? Nothing. This franchise is a loser. We always think we are moving in the right direction after a single successful season. Yet we always end up in the dumpster.

Those were one good year. Look you want to just look at the negative and ignore anything positive of this year go right ahead. People were moaning when we were 8-3. 

This team went from #1 pick to AFC division round last year. A ridiculous jump and people got ahead of themselves. Were still young, this roster is still a massive work in progress and this team is just beginning. I feel confident in the future for us. Yeah this season ended really disappointing but I see the positives of this year.

(01-07-2024, 05:15 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:13 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Stafford never had talent like Engram, Zay, ETN, Kirk, and Ridley.

Lol Zay Jones is not that spectacular and Ridley is a bum.

When healthy Zay Jones is a WR2 in the league.

(01-07-2024, 05:07 PM)Haterade Wrote: Offense did not reach its potential a single game this season

Didn't watch all the games did you

nejagsfan doing his daily lube up and bend over for Trevor and the offense.

Had a really bad feeling about this game

Especially with the way the other teams like the Steelers and Tinhorns took care of business and won their games. Was afraid the Jags were gonna drop the ball, and they did