Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa

(01-24-2024, 12:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Who knows why. Only one Democrat on this board attempts to engage in debate. They are completely unwilling to criticize their own party. Myself and other right-of-centers on this board do engage in self-criticism of our party. You will NEVER see a Democrat come in here and do the same. 

Democrat policies which elevate crime and decrease public safety? 
A wide-open border policy which is so out of control that migrants are begging door-to-door and living on the streets? 
Drugs pouring over the border causing 75K deaths a year?
Enabling drug cartels and human smugglers who have set up shop across the U.S.?
Outwardly sexualizing children in not-so-subtle grooming attempts? 
Rampant, overt and sometimes violent antisemitism?
Broadcasting U.S. weakness to the world? 

DuvalPride Democrat response: *crickets*

But boy, they sure do like to come in here on occasion for a driveby on Republicans while their own house is on fire.

1. This is mostly an echo chamber for conservatives of one ilk or another because lefties get so tuned of by the group think or overwhelming majority of contributors

2. I'm horribly concerned by the Dems poor efforts to further their message in the majority of the most vulnerable red strongholds around the country - they are squandering opportunity to gain votes in many, many "markets"
- I also disagree with the complacency to roll with Biden/Harris over an upgrade even if I think I get why they feel it's the best path for now - (selling a new candidate over one that already defeated the enemy harbors a number of pitfalls that could derail the mission to keep orange guy out of DC)

I've also been very outspoken about the over the top left component that are our version of the MTG/Gaetz types. 
The right has their loonies - we have ours. Either ideal can take it too far, clearly.
Sometimes "the squad" latch on to a legit issue - but come up with totally ridiculous "solutions"

Regarding your specific issues:

Democrat policies which elevate crime and decrease public safety? 
While the issue has been widely hyperbolized  - the state and local level politicians in select areas definitely overreacted to various human rights cases/movements and lesser issues that deserve consternation - most of them reversed course in fairly short order when the error was apparent by result

A wide-open border policy which is so out of control that migrants are begging door-to-door and living on the streets?
 Realistically - border policy didn't really change all that much when we shifted presidencies - but the media-right works really hard to make it appear otherwise. In reality - this should be a bi-partisan issue as it is a global concern nearing a tipping point. Many left leaning nations have radically altered border and immigration policy and we will need to keep pace. 
Drugs pouring over the border causing 75K deaths a year?
Another bipartisan issue that we've seen evolve and morph over the decades with differing drugs and consequence. Republicans (and Dems) spent billions in the 80's/90/s/early oughts on the war on drugs - only to cripple our prison system and it's budget while doing virtually nothing to meaningfully buffer the crack and heroin epidemics in the US. 

Enabling drug cartels and human smugglers who have set up shop across the U.S.?
Nothing new. Just expanded. Doubtful a red/blue shift in DC alters that much. Both sides have sent giant budgets to border law enforcement historically.

Outwardly sexualizing children in not-so-subtle grooming attempts? 
Too broad to tackle here. Both aisles could be demonized in differing ways. I'll say I'm all about protecting our children and leave it there. Adult sexuality within the scope of law should be free - but influence on minors should be guarded carefully.

Rampant, overt and sometimes violent antisemitism? 
Evil. But also bipartisan. Many nuts out there that think they hate Jews for different reasons and coming from different platforms politically.

Broadcasting U.S. weakness to the world? 
Trumps third favorite pastime is praising standing and historical dictators and displaying an utter ignorance of global politic.
So - let's also not make this one a one sided issue. 
But sure - we should be united in broadcasting a unified message of strength and a clear line in the sand.

Furthermore - I'll ask you to forgive the driveway nature of my posting in this forum - because I do carefully manage my personal gauges of stress, impatience, temper, and general content - and I've learned that too much engagement with opinions I cannot reconcile has an effect on my "fuse-length" in my personal and professional life.
I value the relationships I must maintain away from here far too much to let this forum irk me (on occasion) enough to spill over. 

So - yeah - crickets from me - unless I'm in a good frame of mind to offer discourse without a change in blood pressure. LOL
Y'all can joke on that. Call me triggered - whatever. All good. 
I just like to keep the important stuff important - and let political talk take a backseat. I've got TONS of right wing friends and family, and I've carefully steered away from this topic with them many times. This forum is not like that. It is direct confrontation. And it's important to keep it in perspective. 

I do the same, thing. No harassment from me on this issue.

Messages In This Thread
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa - by EricC85 - 01-15-2024, 09:46 PM
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa - by p_rushing - 01-15-2024, 10:56 PM
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa - by p_rushing - 01-16-2024, 06:58 PM
RE: Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa - by Lucky2Last - 01-24-2024, 09:20 AM
copycat - by copycat - 01-24-2024, 12:25 PM