Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Four Options at #17

(03-20-2024, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 03:42 PM)PackersNation Wrote:

As he should be.  If it's me I'm taking Bowers at 9 to pair with Williams.  Bowers would likely be BPA there so you take him.

(03-20-2024, 04:45 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/loren...-march-20/

In this mock draft, here are the players available when it's our turn to pick:

Keon Coleman
Jared Verse
Byron Murphy
JC Latham
Nate Wiggins
Jackson Powers-Johnson

They have us taking Keon Coleman.  I think I would take Jared Verse.
This is easy, you take Verse all day.  If Baalke took Coleman over Verse this would likely be his last year in Jax

Dimson was saying the Bears are good with just Kmet. I was merely explaining that the Bears themselves do not feel they are set at TE with just Kmet.

Seems to be a vibe here that Baalke is basically not a good GM. I don't think he is top 5 GM, but the Jags could do worse, and have in the past. I think Baalke has done a decent job in his time in Jax.

Once we get over with the draft and around mini-camp time I will go over what I see wrong in Jax. Here is a tease: The head coach and GM are the least of the problems in Jax.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 06:07 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2024, 05:36 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As he should be.  If it's me I'm taking Bowers at 9 to pair with Williams.  Bowers would likely be BPA there so you take him.

This is easy, you take Verse all day.  If Baalke took Coleman over Verse this would likely be his last year in Jax

Dimson was saying the Bears are good with just Kmet. I was merely explaining that the Bears themselves do not feel they are set at TE with just Kmet.

Seems to be a vibe here that Baalke is basically not a good GM. I don't think he is top 5 GM, but the Jags could do worse, and have in the past. I think Baalke has done a decent job in his time in Jax.

Once we get over with the draft and around mini-camp time I will go over what I see wrong in Jax. Here is a tease: The head coach and GM are the least of the problems in Jax.
Baalke has been pretty good in the 1st round and FA with the Jags.  He hasn't drafted well outside the first round other than Campbell and Cisco who were at the top of the 2nd and 3rd.  You have to be able to find talent in the mid to late rounds at times to be a successful GM in this league. 

If he can bounce back and give us a good draft this year the arrow can stay pointing up again.  I wanted to add a couple new guards on the oline but if this oline can stay healthy with the addition of Morse I think our offense can be much better.  With Fortner at center and the injuries along the line last year it was the beginning of the downfall for us.  Everything trickled down, Trevor getting hurt with multiple injuries, no running lanes for Etienne etc.  

We just need a good draft and health and I will feel much better this year about our team.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 07:56 AM by Mikey.)

(03-20-2024, 01:38 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 01:05 PM)Dimson Wrote: I would love Brock Bowers if he makes it past Cincy.

You mean if he makes it past Chicago. #9 is a likely landing spot for Bowers. They may even trade down a couple spots and still get him.

If they take him at 9 the GM is just as bad as Pace. @They got Marcedes Lewis still, they should be set.@

(03-20-2024, 02:19 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 01:55 PM)Dimson Wrote: It is possible but I think they are happy with Kmet. I set Chicago going WR at 9.

Careful going by your own mock or countless others. ALL mock drafts are 100% meaningless.

A lot of smoke out there right now. I have a pretty good pulse on what is going on in the NFC North. Local beat writers are not always the best sources, but the ones I spoke to about Bowers in Chicago are fairly tuned in. These are cats that are not going to feed me just speculation & smoke when they know it's me they are speaking to. I've also witnessed the Chicago offense up and close and personal, and just one decent TE in Kmet, is not all the Bears coaching staff is looking for.

after all, you are the representative of Packer Country.

You forgot to mention that you are 91% certain they will take him there. That would have confirmed the reliability of your post.

(03-20-2024, 04:45 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/loren...-march-20/

Keon Coleman
Jared Verse
Byron Murphy
JC Latham
Nate Wiggins
Jackson Powers-Johnson

I take Murphy every day. Get them big guys early.

(03-20-2024, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Keon Coleman
Jared Verse
Byron Murphy
JC Latham
Nate Wiggins
Jackson Powers-Johnson

....it's the equivalent to taking Reggie Williams to unlock Leftwich's potential

(03-20-2024, 05:36 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As he should be.  If it's me I'm taking Bowers at 9 to pair with Williams.  Bowers would likely be BPA there so you take him.

Like GB, the problem is the stupid ownership, right?

Saved us all some time.