Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

(09-05-2018, 10:43 AM)Kane Wrote: Watched this over the weekend.

[Image: captain-fantastic-1534429517.jpeg]
Such a good story. Really pulls at your heart strings at various moments throughout.
Wonderfully acted.
It is on Starz (I think that is where I watched it) also on Amazon Prime video.
Not sure about Netflix, but probably available (although maybe only via mail DVD service, 3 million people still use this option surprisingly)

Watched this last night.  Such a great movie !!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just finished watching Stronger, the movie based on Jeff Bauman's life after losing his legs from the blast at the Boston Marathon in 2013. It was a terrible movie. I don't know how accurate the portrayal is of his family but.... wow. I literally had an anxiety episode from all of the screaming and arguing. I'm not someone who needs to like any or all of the characters in a film or tv show in order to enjoy it, but my dislike for every character and their interactions outside of when Jeff and Carlos met for the first time was strong. Seriously a horrible movie.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 12:18 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I just got done watching Deadpool 2. It was a fantastic film and the scenes in the end credits are not only very important, they are hilarious. The movie has just what you'd expect from a Deadpool sequel, blood, gore, dirty jokes, tons of foul language and plenty of action. Personally, I had a great time watching it. It just goes to prove how superior the marvel films are, when compared to D.C. The major difference being, Marvel movies have fun with their scripts. Their characters are loose and interject humor and sarcasm into their roles. D.C. on the other hand, is dark, overly dramatic and the characters take themselves way too seriously. If you watched the first Deadpool, watching the sequel is a must.

[Image: deadpool-2-poster-us-domino-cable.jpg?itok=HEvE835P]

(09-14-2018, 12:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just got done watching Deadpool 2. It was a fantastic film and the scenes in the end credits are not only very important, they are hilarious. The movie has just what you'd expect from a Deadpool sequel, blood, gore, dirty jokes, tons of foul language and plenty of action. Personally, I had a great time watching it. It just goes to prove how superior the marvel films are, when compared to D.C. The major difference being, Marvel movies have fun with their scripts. Their characters are loose and interject humor and sarcasm into their roles. D.C. on the other hand, is dark, overly dramatic and the characters take themselves way too seriously. If you watched the first Deadpool, watching the sequel is a must.

[Image: deadpool-2-poster-us-domino-cable.jpg?itok=HEvE835P]

I too watched this recently.
While it wasn't as good as the first, for me anyway... it was definitely a good watch.
And of course, just another feather in the Marvel cap while the DCEU is a mess lol

I just watched Apollo 11. If you're a space nerd like me, or just a history buff, you'll like it. 

https://youtu.be/K5JtxB8KVm0

(09-05-2018, 10:43 AM)Kane Wrote: Not sure about Netflix, but probably available (although maybe only via mail DVD service, 3 million people still use this option surprisingly)

Funny you mention, I was just thinking about adding mail back to my subscription after having cut it many years ago.

Redbox has only new releases and titles related to upcoming or current release cinema.  Nothing classic.

I've got Netflix streaming and Prime, but lately I feel like whenever a movie pops into my head I want to see... it's not currently playing and only available for rental/purchase.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I have a coworker who has never seen Apocalypse Now or Office Space.

(03-06-2019, 10:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have a coworker who has never seen Apocalypse Now or Office Space.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I watched Green Book last night. Pretty good, but not an all-time classic, and if that was the best movie of 2018, then it was an off year for movies. I give it 3-1/2 out of 4 stars.

(03-07-2019, 01:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 10:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have a coworker who has never seen Apocalypse Now or Office Space.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I know, right! All those wonderfully funny movie references that we laugh about go straight over his head.

I’m not sure if it’s been brought up in here or not. I don’t really read up in this thread. But “Instant Family” was not only hilarious but a tear jerker as well. I personally didn’t cry, but it crossed my mind. I don’t LOL too much watching movies, but this one did have me laughing.

How does this person live with this burden?

(03-18-2019, 11:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

How does this person live with this burden?

It’s baffling. He does admit that unless it has a Marvel connection, he won’t go out of his way to see it. Although, even more puzzling, he’s on the high side of 50. Weird.

(03-19-2019, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 11:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:  How does this person live with this burden?

It’s baffling. He does admit that unless it has a Marvel connection, he won’t go out of his way to see it. Although, even more puzzling, he’s on the high side of 50. Weird.

I know a guy who, back in the 90's, didn't know who Journey was. I was astounded. I promptly educated him by loaning him a CD of their greatest hits. I just couldn't let him live another day without hearing Steve Perry's voice.  Big Grin

(03-19-2019, 10:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s baffling. He does admit that unless it has a Marvel connection, he won’t go out of his way to see it. Although, even more puzzling, he’s on the high side of 50. Weird.

I know a guy who, back in the 90's, didn't know who Journey was. I was astounded. I promptly educated him by loaning him a CD of their greatest hits. I just couldn't let him live another day without hearing Steve Perry's voice.  Big Grin

I saw Steve Augeri last week, he sounded really good for 60.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

John Wick 3 is probably the most action packed movie I have ever seen and I enjoyed every second of it.

(03-19-2019, 10:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s baffling. He does admit that unless it has a Marvel connection, he won’t go out of his way to see it. Although, even more puzzling, he’s on the high side of 50. Weird.

What did he do to you?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

In the last two weeks, I've seen more movies than I have in the last two years. Detective Pikachu, Endgame and Aladdin. Don't judge. They were all good, although Aladdin had the type of serious problems you'd expect when you make a 90-minute movie into one lasting over two hours and you fill that added time with a girl-power subplot that goes nowhere and makes no sense.

Still working at home so I had one of my all time favorite dopey movies on.

Animal House
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-22-2019, 03:32 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 10:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I know a guy who, back in the 90's, didn't know who Journey was. I was astounded. I promptly educated him by loaning him a CD of their greatest hits. I just couldn't let him live another day without hearing Steve Perry's voice.  Big Grin

What did he do to you?

He was my pain in the butt brother-in-law. I didn't like him much but you can't let a guy live without hearing Journey. I mean, I didn't like him but he didn't kill my cat or anything.