Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clowney or Fowler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Discuss.

I voted Clowney but its probably more of a wash. Rookie vs injury concerns. Actually its probably Fowler for that exact reason.
Probably Fowler. It usually takes time to get back from micro fracture surgery.
Who is Clowney?
Quote:Discuss.

I refuse.
I can't recall many plays that DFJ took off.

HeadSlap

Quote:I can't recall many plays that DFJ took off.

HeadSlap

The opposite of Clowney IMO in terms of motor.  Both are above average in terms of athletics.  It will be interesting to see how they do in their 'rookie' year.  Both also have pretty good surrounding talent on the defensive line in their groups.
I'd still pick Clowney over Dante Fowler Jr.
Quote:I'd still pick Clowney over Dante Fowler Jr.

Me, too.

Injury aside, he's just that much more talented.  And that supporting cast.
I'd take fowler, but to be fair I wouldn't even take clowney over a lot of guys because of his laziness and injury concerns.
I'll pick Fowler, only because I don't think Clowney can come back from that injury, and if he does, it won't be this year.

Clowney more talented, but all he doesn't love the game. It seems all he cares about is a check. DFJ seems to love the game though. I see Clowney in the 15-20 sacks s year range and DFJ in the 8-10 sacks a year range.
This will be a fun little battle throughout the year, assuming Clowney comes back reasonably healthy.

I think clowney will obv have the easier time as opposing teams have to deal with JJ watt...

I chose fowler, because I think Clowney wil never fully recover from his surgery
If Clowney didn't have that knee problem I would say Clowney with no hesitation. But Fowler because he is healthy and a healthy player has way more potential than a injury prone one with a knee problem.

Quote:I think clowney will obv have the easier time as opposing teams have to deal with JJ watt...

While true I think our defense has more talent as a whole than Houston. And if Clowney lost a ton of explosion then it really isn't going to matter.
Fowler has fresh knees.

He gets my vote and they have almost the same number of NFL snaps. 

:woot:

Depends on the role they're playing, if we're lining them both up at DE and telling them to beat the Tackle I'll take Clowney even with a bad knee all day. If we're comparing who's going to be more effective in the roles they're playing on each team I think Fowler is going to have a bigger impact for the Jags then Clowney will for the Texans.

Fowler is all about how we use him, Clowney is a better traditional DE.

Quote:I think clowney will obv have the easier time as opposing teams have to deal with JJ watt...

On the flipside, he'll actually have to compete with JJ to get to the QB first!
Pages: 1 2 3 4