Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How many sacks do you need to see out of DFJ for a successful season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ive heard guys at work say 8 to 10.

No way, with the 3rd overall I need to see something in the teens. So I will say 13.

At least double diggys
Sacks are awesome, but he doesn't need sacks to live up to the #3 pick.. Fumble recoveries, hurries, hits, int's.. Those are all just as important..
No specific number from me.  I'd be happy if he has impact on the game like Khalil Mack (who only had 4 sacks last year).  Heck Watt in his first year only had 5.5 sacks.  

You do realize that only two rookies in the history of the NFL have had sacks in the teens in  their rookie season, right?  

I'm glad you used DFJ instead of DF, otherwise I'd be rather confused. 

Quote:No specific number from me. I'd be happy if he has impact on the game like Khalil Mack (who only had 4 sacks last year). Heck Watt in his first year only had 5.5 sacks.

You do realize that only two rookies in the history of the NFL have had more sacks in the teens in their rookie season, right?

I was just looking this up as well. Hell, Lawrence Taylor didn't have double-digit sacks until his 4th year.
Its not about sacks his rookie year, its about impact, there are plenty of great players that didnt light it up in their rookie years

TFL's are a better measure than just sacks alone.  The end result is the same, right?  Pressures are good, but didn't we hear about all the pressures Harvey was supposedly getting but never quite getting home?  Interceptions, passes defensed, forced fumbles, and TFL's are what I would focus on with TFL's being the most important stat.

And as was said earlier, I don't expect him to light it up in year 1 but it would be nice.

13 sacks as a rookie? You're going to be dissapointed this season.

Unfortunately it's rare for a pass rusher to break double digits his rookie season.  Usually not even close.  The only examples I can come up with is Von Miller who got 11 and Aldon Smith who got 14 his rookie season.  

But screw that.  If Aldon can get 14, I want 15.  So yea, 15 SACKS OR BUST!

Enough to erase doubt there was better value with the #3 pick.

I think he can.  The question is when or if he does.

We'll know it when we see it.

Over 9000

I have a feeling if we selected Williams, the bar would not be set quite so high by the TC.

Two rookies have reached that bar (they both played for rivals of ours, unfortunately).  And it's not been done in 13 years.  

Quote:Over 9000
[Image: It-s-over-9000-its-over-9000-29849302-49...00x223.jpg]
He better have 3 sacks and 4 ff a game or he is def a bust.
He needs to break the sack record for him to be considered great value at the number 3 pick.
Quote:Over 9000

^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^

Mos def
The homers have quickly gone off the deep end worse than the "haters" on this one, for sure.  If you can't talk football, don't bother trollin.

Quote:The homers have quickly gone off the deep end worse than the "haters" on this one, for sure.  If you can't talk football, don't bother trollin.

It's gonna be ok. Deep breaths.

I would be happy if he had 0 sacks...as long as the reason was because he was soo disruptive that he always faced a double team, thus making it that much easier for everyone else on the line.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6