Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nathaniel Hackett: New QB Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora'>Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/559788365889806337' title="2:02 PM - 26 Jan 2015">1m1 minute ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Nathaniel Hackett has a 2nd interview for Rams OC job this week. BUF wants him back and WSH and JAX also interested in him for QB coach

That is interesting. I thought Bortles personally wanted to keep Frank S. I am not opposed to this, but would he really be an improvement over Frank?

Many here after hearing him speak thought he might be the OC that meshes best with Gus.

Would love for him to come to J-Ville and rejoin his former boss Doug Marone here.

It is only money, SPEND IT and sign him up!!!

Quote:That is interesting. I thought Bortles personally wanted to keep Frank S. I am not opposed to this, but would he really be an improvement over Frank?

I thought Frank did a good job too. It was easy to see Blake's mechanics and footwork had improved early on this past season.
My guess is that if he doesn't get an OC gig he'd more than likely prefer coming to Jax to work with Marrone over going to that train wreck in DC. 

I though this was a train wreck here in Jax...

Quote:My guess is that if he doesn't get an OC gig he'd more than likely prefer coming to Jax to work with Marrone over going to that train wreck in DC. 
I though this was a train wreck here in Jax... I must not know what a train wreck is...

I'm so burnt out on the Jags coaching maneuvers this offseason.

Guess I'll just sit back with my beer and keep my fingers crossed.

We need 1 more win to qualify as a train wreck.

5-11

2-14

4-12

3-13..... maybe it was just a major car pileup on the railroad tracks and not a train wreck. :unsure:

Quote:5-11

2-14

4-12

3-13..... maybe it was just a major car pileup on the railroad tracks and not a train wreck. :unsure:
When you lay it out like this its a wonder we have ANY fans. Good god that't awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-14

4-12

He was referring to the owner/GM/coaching staff level of dysfunction.

It's clear that -  while the rebuild in Jax is a slow  (too slow) process - Shad/Caldwell/Bradley have no dysfunction working and making decisions together. 

That's more attractive to many potential coaches than the situation in DC. 

We've already had one coach (Callahan) pass us over for that 'train wreck' in DC. 

At least we now have more NFL experience on the offensive staff. If you look at the old staff, it was pretty thin if you discount Yarno.

2-14

4-12

Just seeing it all at once like that, UGLY would be an understatement.

There's just not enough lipstick to put on that pig, so you might as well BBQ it.
Quote:He was referring to the owner/GM/coaching staff level of dysfunction.

It's clear that while the rebuild is a slow process - Shad/Caldwell/Bradley have no dysfunction working and making decisions together. 

That's more attractive to many potential coaches than the situation in DC. 

While I hope your right regarding the "no dysfunction" comment, how do you know for sure?  We often don't know the crumblings beneath until well after firings, changes, etc.
Quote:We've already had one coach (Callahan) pass us over for that 'train wreck' in DC.

Callahan was offered the job?
Quote:Callahan was offered the job?

They requested an interview. He didn't interview. (Unless somehow he had a secret interview in the less-than-24 hours that he was available). He went to Washington. 
I thought a Hackett hiring made a ton of sense when it looked like Gase was potentially coming here.  Have him server under Gase for a year or two, then take over when he leaves for a HC job.  Now?  I wonder how he fits in, and what the plan might be for him moving forward, since he appears to be a potential OC candidate for teams.  Maybe the team foresees Olson moving on in a couple years, and has Hackett in mind for a replacement.

Quote:I though this was a train wreck here in Jax...

I though this was a train wreck here in Jax... I must not know what a train wreck is...
I'm not sure how this is a train wreck.  The Jags have been methodical about the process they're following, and they are clearly focused on a plan.  That starts at the top and works its way down through the GM and the coaching staff. 

Washington is a train wreck in every sense of the word because they don't have someone in place at the top of that organization who has a clue.  Snyder reminds me of a message board poster and fan boy who made enough money to buy the team he rooted for.  What you've seen from that organization since then is what you'd see if, say, someone from this message board who thinks they have all the answers actually wound up in charge of the process. 

Quote:While I hope your right regarding the "no dysfunction" comment, how do you know for sure?  We often don't know the crumblings beneath until well after firings, changes, etc.

Perhaps something has changed - but I doubt it.  Many of us speculated that a new (first-time) HC would shuffle the deck on coordinators/assistants in the first couple of years. It makes sense.  

I'm going on the comments that come from every semi-reputable writer that spends significant time around the organization. 

(Peter King, Schefter, Glazer, LaCanfora and others have all commented on Khan empowering Caldwell and co. with the ability and patience to build this thing right from the ground up) 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6