Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's not Fisch!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I don't think our "highly-regarded" OC should go after this year. Don't get me wrong, he's had some bad plays called but you just can't do much when your offensive "line" isn't protecting your QB. Fake punt gone for 19 yards? Ignore the play, he sucks. Bortles roll out? Don't care. WR Screen blown up because nobody can block? That's totally his fault! Geez, you guys need to chill.

Boooo!  /Thread

Boo nothing. Call out the issue...Bortles was the key issue today.

What will you say in 2015 when you see more of the same?

Quote:What will you say in 2015 when you see more of the same?

Nothing, because that won't happen.
Quote:Nothing, because that won't happen.

What will you say when he gets replaced this offseason?
3rd and 6. Game on the line. Shotgun run up the middle by Todman stuffed for 3 yard loss. /thread
Bortles was the issue?  HAHAHA, try Fisch and the O-line, while Bradley sitting on the sideline looking at coaching for dummies.

Quote:What will you say when he gets replaced this offseason?
I'll say alright, the Jaguars have decided to go in a different direction.
Quote:What will you say when he gets replaced this offseason?
I'm gonna say this feels like déjà vu all over again.
Quote:3rd and 6. Game on the line. Shotgun run up the middle by Todman stuffed for 3 yard loss. /thread

But if 2 of the members of our vaunted O-Line hadn't completely whiffed on their assignments, maybe it would have worked, and Fisch would look smart for calling an unconventional play.
Quote:3rd and 6. Game on the line. Shotgun run up the middle by Todman stuffed for 3 yard loss. /thread
That was one Bortles should have kept and ran to the outside.
Quote:But if 2 of the members of our vaunted O-Line hadn't completely whiffed on their assignments, maybe it would have worked, and Fisch would look smart for calling an unconventional play.
It looked like a read-option to me, bad decision by Bortles.
Quote:Boo nothing. Call out the issue...Bortles was the key issue today.

not even close.
You are right, it's not Fisch. It's Jedd.

That late in the game you don't call a run play.
Quote:I don't think our "highly-regarded" OC should go after this year. Don't get me wrong, he's had some bad plays called but you just can't do much when your offensive "line" isn't protecting your QB. Fake punt gone for 19 yards? Ignore the play, he sucks. Bortles roll out? Don't care. WR Screen blown up because nobody can block? That's totally his fault! Geez, you guys need to chill.
I respectfully disagree. While Fisch cannot go out there and play himself and it is up to the OL to do their jobs........when Fisch can clearly see that they are being manhandled, calling for Bortles to run a play with straight dropback passing is a HUGE mistake on Fisch. He IS responsible for making adjustments to what defenses are doing and he didn't even come close to accomplishing that. Bortles strong suit is running around back there, but NOT running for his life. Fisch should have been calling for quick pass and run routes or roll out passing so he wasn't such an easy target for their DL. Downfield passing ONLY works when your line is protecting you long enough for the receivers to run their routes and get open. Example: ever notice how much of the time Tom Brady sits back in the pocket and cherry picks? There's a reason he's able to do that. When you have an OL as bad as ours, the only anecdote for that is snappy quick slant ins or rollouts and Fisch called very few of those kinds of plays. This is why I respectfully disagree with your comment on why Fisch should not go. A really good OC is one who can "adjust" to what defenses are throwing at you and Fisch has proven over and over he's NOT good at it.
Quote:I respectfully disagree. While Fisch cannot go out there and play himself and it is up to the OL to do their jobs........when Fisch can clearly see that they are being manhandled, calling for Bortles to run a play with straight dropback passing is a HUGE mistake on Fisch. He IS responsible for making adjustments to what defenses are doing and he didn't even come close to accomplishing that. Bortles strong suit is running around back there, but NOT running for his life. Fisch should have been calling for quick pass and run routes or roll out passing so he wasn't such an easy target for their DL. Downfield passing ONLY works when your line is protecting you long enough for the receivers to run their routes and get open. Example: ever notice how much of the time Tom Brady sits back in the pocket and cherry picks? There's a reason he's able to do that. When you have an OL as bad as ours, the only anecdote for that is snappy quick slant ins or rollouts and Fisch called very few of those kinds of plays. This is why I respectfully disagree with your comment on why Fisch should not go. A really good OC is one who can "adjust" to what defenses are throwing at you and Fisch has proven over and over he's NOT good at it.
It may be true that Fisch isn't the best OC, but I never said he was. I just said it wasn't his fault as to why all of our plays get blown up.
If Fisch isn't fired this season then I'm 98% certain Gus will be gone the next. 

Quote:I respectfully disagree. While Fisch cannot go out there and play himself and it is up to the OL to do their jobs........when Fisch can clearly see that they are being manhandled, calling for Bortles to run a play with straight dropback passing is a HUGE mistake on Fisch. He IS responsible for making adjustments to what defenses are doing and he didn't even come close to accomplishing that. Bortles strong suit is running around back there, but NOT running for his life. Fisch should have been calling for quick pass and run routes or roll out passing so he wasn't such an easy target for their DL. Downfield passing ONLY works when your line is protecting you long enough for the receivers to run their routes and get open. Example: ever notice how much of the time Tom Brady sits back in the pocket and cherry picks? There's a reason he's able to do that. When you have an OL as bad as ours, the only anecdote for that is snappy quick slant ins or rollouts and Fisch called very few of those kinds of plays. This is why I respectfully disagree with your comment on why Fisch should not go. A really good OC is one who can "adjust" to what defenses are throwing at you and Fisch has proven over and over he's NOT good at it.

Some hate him for overusing the -1 yard quick strike to the sideline, and criticize his conservative game plan. Some hate him for throwing deep far too often. It ain't easy being the Fisch!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5