Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags hire McCardell as WR coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@hayescarlyon Source: Keenan McCardell is at EverBank Field today, presumably interviewing to be #Jaguars receivers coach. No word on potential offer.

Would like this move.
Make it so.
Has anyone else been mentioned by a legit media source as a candidate for the position?

[Image: Facebook-%CE%A4%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%8D-%CF%86...7cb68d.png]

Reunion Tour 2017 

Does anyone know how he has done as a coach, because I don't. Does he have a good reputation as a coach? How have the players under him done?

I love Keenan. LOVE the dude. I hope he is doing as well as a coach as he was a player. If so, sign him up!

From what I've heard he was always respected as a receivers coach, both in Washington and in Maryland.

Quote:Does anyone know how he has done as a coach, because I don't. Does he have a good reputation as a coach? How have the players under him done?

I love Keenan. LOVE the dude. I hope he is doing as well as a coach as he was a player. If so, sign him up!
He had a year with Stefon Diggs at Maryland.  Diggs put up good numbers and declared the next year.  He's a pretty good NFL receiver now. 

Here's an article that touches on it:

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2015/01/1...-receivers

Quote:"Coach, for me, was really the right guy at the right time," Diggs said. "I felt that I had the skills necessary to play at the next level, but Coach [McCardell] has taken my understanding of the game to a different level. 

<p style="font-size:16px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;">"He taught me the importance of 11 guys all striving for the same thing every play. He taught me better technique and how to better position my body to shield defenders from the ball and make important downfield blocks to help the running game."

<p style="font-size:16px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;">The effect that McCardell had on the Terps' receiving corps was immediately apparent, according to Edsall. 

<p style="font-size:16px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;">"When you watch him teach and do the drills that he is doing, the kids sit up and listen and take everything in, and I've been pleased with the work he's done with those guys," said Edsall, who, in 2014, led Maryland to their second pair of back-to-back winning seasons for the second time in 30 years. 

Couldn't imagine anyone much better for the job tbh. Wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy as an assistant either, cliché as it might appear, I think they'd be good teachers together. While that won't happen, I'd be happy to have thunder back.
Make it happen! Keenan is the man
Do it, do it, do it!
Quote:Couldn't imagine anyone much better for the job tbh. Wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy as an assistant either, cliché as it might appear, I think they'd be good teachers together. While that won't happen, I'd be happy to have thunder back.
Id love that move. Would be good for jimmy.
Keenan is the type of guy that makes a great coach.  He took every drop of talent he had (less than the big names) and worked it to the best outcomes.

From my college team to my pro team, I'd love it!

The Terps have had some of the worst QB play the past 5 years and yet the WRs still do well. Keenan does a great job of preparing his group week in and week out.
I kind of wish Keenan's overall resume as a coach was more impressive, however, I have no doubts he can get it done. I was always amazed at how wide open Keenan could get for being one the league's slower WRs. Dude was a route running master, and his hands must have been made of glue.

The Dude could play....I tell you that!  :yes:

I wish Keenan would've already worked for another NFL team before coming "home". He doesn't have much on that resume and it seems more like a favor than an earned accomplishment. Of course assuming he even gets the job to begin with. 

Translation of many posters = "my Madden Xbox tells me.....".

The man has potential to be a good coach, thus he's interviewing for the job.  If he gets the job, that doesn't instantly make the team better.

The interview will last a week, and then they'll just rehire Sullivan.

He was the receivers coach for 2 years in DC.

Quote:I wish Keenan would've already worked for another NFL team before coming "home". He doesn't have much on that resume and it seems more like a favor than an earned accomplishment. Of course assuming he even gets the job to begin with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11