Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Obama to announce executive orders on immigration today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think this article lays out the facts without any bias take a look what do you think?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20141119...a7335.html

I do not support the over use we have seen of the past decade+ of executive orders.

Aside from that, I do not entirely understand the purpose or what it's supposed to do. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems this action would just give work permits and stop deportation. It does not put them into the welfare system (good thing). I do not understand the work permit part. Other than making them less illegal what's the purpose of giving them work permits? Is that what makes them not eligible for deportation?

Republicans need to come up with their own plan for once.  Instead of just threatening to impeach Obama (which essentially is going nowhere) or threatening to shut down the government.

Illegal immigration is a serious problem, and it's one that should be dealt with.  Companies that hire undocumented immigrants should be fined.  I know most of you will disagree with this.  But they should be.  Hiring illegals should be against the law.  Of course it won't be, because many politicians hire illegals to clean their house. (not that they mind breaking the law otherwise all the time anyway)

We need better enforcement of the laws we already have, before we try to make a path to citizenship for the illegals we have here.  

Quote:Republicans need to come up with their own plan for once.  Instead of just threatening to impeach Obama (which essentially is going nowhere) or threatening to shut down the government.

Illegal immigration is a serious problem, and it's one that should be dealt with.  Companies that hire undocumented immigrants should be fined.  I know most of you will disagree with this.  But they should be.  Hiring illegals should be against the law.  Of course it won't be, because many politicians hire illegals to clean their house. (not that they mind breaking the law otherwise all the time anyway)

We need better enforcement of the laws we already have, before we try to make a path to citizenship for the illegals we have here.  

I don't disagree at all. Choke off the job supply by punishing business owners and managers that hire illegals as well as fining the businesses and this garbage stops fast.

The problem we currently have is the general antagonism toward the worker as a nation. This focus actually advantages and emboldens those that hire illegals by giving them all of the legal leverage over their workers.
Build the wall Deport them ALL!

Personally you should already know my stance on immigration. Change the tax code, turn off federal welfare and problem will correct itself.

Good thing we have a Constitution and checks and balances, right??? Oh wait nevermind

Hopefully Obama can sidestep congress next time and just make an executive order to outlaw elections...then he can stay President forever. That would be great
Quote:I do not support the over use we have seen of the past decade+ of executive orders.

Aside from that, I do not entirely understand the purpose or what it's supposed to do. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems this action would just give work permits and stop deportation. It does not put them into the welfare system (good thing). I do not understand the work permit part. Other than making them less illegal what's the purpose of giving them work permits? Is that what makes them not eligible for deportation?

I thin the theory is - if we're not going to deport you we want to make it easier for you to find work and contribute in the form of taxation, and not be a drag on the economy, etc.
Shoot, just outside my local Home Depot you'll see a grouip of them standing in the parking lot looking for work. Where's ICE when you need them?

Quote:Good thing we have a Constitution and checks and balances, right??? Oh wait nevermind

Hopefully Obama can sidestep congress next time and just make an executive order to outlaw elections...then he can stay President forever. That would be great

Thanks for my daily mindlessness. Do some study why don't you?

Like it or not many past Presidents, Democrat and Republican have taken advantage of executive orders, especially in regard to immigration. Tell your Senator and Congressman/women to get of their butt and come up with legislation that will actually accomplish something.
Quote:Shoot, just outside my local Home Depot you'll see a grouip of them standing in the parking lot looking for work. Where's ICE when you need them?

Wait - let them finish fixing my roof and hanging some drywall before you have them deported.
Quote:Thanks for my daily mindlessness. Do some study why don't you?

Like it or not many past Presidents, Democrat and Republican have taken advantage of executive orders, especially in regard to immigration. Tell your Senator and Congressman/women to get of their butt and come up with legislation that will actually accomplish something.

Would've happened as soon as the seats get filled in January. Emperor Obama knows he would actually have legislation to pass then so he strikes now
Quote:Personally you should already know my stance on immigration. Change the tax code, turn off federal welfare and problem will correct itself.

Scorch the earth! Make it so no one would want to come to America!
Quote:Scorch the earth! Make it so no one would want to come to America!

I know you think welfare is the economic engine that drives America but that's not the purpose of this thread.
Quote:I thin the theory is - if we're not going to deport you we want to make it easier for you to find work and contribute in the form of taxation, and not be a drag on the economy, etc.

I didn't see in there where it requires them to pay taxes thought I could have missed it. I did notice they would not be entitled to various programs/credits nor is it a path to citizenship. I don't much see the point in this other than grandstanding. Besides the next prez can just strike it down anyways. It really holds no water. 

Just because past presidents have used executive orders, it still doesn't make it right. 

If he does what we think he is going to do, it's against the law. He even said he doesn't have authority to do this. I won't jump to conclusions until tonight after he announces what executive actions he is doing. If he breaks the law and bypasses congress and separation of powers, are you still going to defend him?
Quote:Personally you should already know my stance on immigration. Change the tax code, turn off federal welfare and problem will correct itself.

No, it won't.

Changing the tax code won't make a major difference.  Illegals will still be able to find jobs, because they're willing to work for sub minimum wage.  Many of them send money back to their country, so even a fair tax would do little.  Taking away welfare would hurt many in this country far more than it'd hurt illegal immigrants.

Real punishments for employers who hire illegals.  That's what we need.  
Glad to know the most powerful individual in the world has no respect for the laws which he took an oath before God to defend and uphold

...keep defending the Emperor tho
Quote:Glad to know the most powerful individual in the world has no respect for the laws which he took an oath before God to defend and uphold

...keep defending the Emperor tho

Watch out, you might be called a racist for not agreeing with Obama because you believe in upholding the constitution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7