Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I believe in Toby Gerhart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1. Gerhart has been hurt since week 1.  He has missed a couple of weeks in a row from playing with the injury.  I want to see what he can do healthy

2. This offensive line has just started to get it's act together.  Combine that with Bortles making teams respect the passing game.  Other teams not stacking 9 and 10 in the box will open the running game.

3. Toby has shown what he can do with a solid offensive line. I believe he will be a good runner here in Jacksonville.

4. Jed Fisch was not playing to Toby's Strength.  He is a north and south runner and not the east and west game that Fisch kept calling.  I believe with the oline playing better and more inside runs he will see success.

I believe

We will finally see a healthy Toby Gerhart because the plan now is to let him and Denard Robinson split carries. The coaches are still trying to figure out where he should be on the depth chart.

I agree with this. Toby got the ugly start.

I don't want to see DRob lose carries because of Slowby, if they want to throw him in on 3rd downs or goal line plays, so be it. 

I used to have high hopes for Toby. When Caldwell signed him I thought we were at least getting the backup to AP. But so far he's played his worse ball ever. 

Quote:1. Gerhart has been hurt since week 1.  He has missed a couple of weeks in a row from playing with the injury.  I want to see what he can do healthy

2. This offensive line has just started to get it's act together.  Combine that with Bortles making teams respect the passing game.  Other teams not stacking 9 and 10 in the box will open the running game.

3. Toby has shown what he can do with a solid offensive line. I believe he will be a good runner here in Jacksonville.

4. Jed Fisch was not playing to Toby's Strength.  He is a north and south runner and not the east and west game that Fisch kept calling.  I believe with the oline playing better and more inside runs he will see success.

I believe

I agree.  I'm one of the few on here that thinks that he is going to do great things.
Just like I said in week 1, Gerhart sucks. It's just true. People say that any RB would suck with our line, but the trait of a truly special RB is to be able to make plays out of nothing with speed and vision. Toby just doesnt have that. I saw we switch him to FB

I have doubts about Toby because:

a. he IS slow compared to either DRob or Storm.

b. before he was injured he did n o t h i n g.

c. he has demonstrated a lack of 'field vision'; that is, he fails to see openings.

d. DRob has proven he can be very productive while Toby has not.

e. given the same line, DRob produced more yardage than Toby.

f. confidence in your teammates is important; DRob has earned it... Toby hasn't.

We have a competent yardage producing runner in DRob. Toby runs like a full back; he might be ok for special, short yardage situations but he has yet to demonstrate that he can reliably do that. One of the 'tags' that was on Gerhart before he came here was that he is injury prone.... and sure enough, he didn't make it through one game before he was hurt. I say we've found our main guy in DRob; let him carry the rock until he loses the position...

I don't wanna to see a hurt Toby Sad

Hell, I don't wanna see a healthy Toby either.. Drob is da man.., 

Quote:Just like I said in week 1, Gerhart sucks. It's just true. People say that any RB would suck with our line, but the trait of a truly special RB is to be able to make plays out of nothing with speed and vision. Toby just doesnt have that. I saw we switch him to FB

The OP's point is Gerhart has been slow because of the foot injuries, so we don't know how good he can be yet.
I don't think Toby is as bad as he's played so far, which is pretty darn bad. I don't expect greatness from him either, tho.
Sorry, but Toby was slow before the foot injury and just got slower after it. But why debate the point? I'm pretty sure that Gerhart will get some touches when he gets back on the field. Let's just see how he does and let the evidence speak for itself. Unless Toby gets lucky,,, very lucky, I think you're gonna be disappointed in what he produces...

Quote:I don't think Toby is as bad as he's played so far, which is pretty darn bad. I don't expect greatness from him either, tho.
this is how I feel
MJD shined while hurt and while having 9-10 in the box because he had talent. Toby needs a great oline and be at 100% health to maybe show something. ... but it wont happen. Why do people call him a north south runner? When has he ran someone over? When has he powered thru anyone?
Quote:Sorry, but Toby was slow before the foot injury and just got slower after it. But why debate the point? I'm pretty sure that Gerhart will get some touches when he gets back on the field. Let's just see how he does and let the evidence speak for itself. Unless Toby gets lucky,,, very lucky, I think you're gonna be disappointed in what he produces...
this

I appreciate the sentiment.. but.. I believe in Storm Johnson and Denard Robinson

Hes a 3rd down and spell back. I believe in him doing that too. 

I believe in what I see, DRob is getting it done. Play him until it's not working THEN you can give Toby another shot. Until then, don't fix what ain't broken. 

he's a fb

I really feel like it should be Denard 1st, then Storm, THEN Toby...that is how underwhelmed I am

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6