Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Here come the Dolphins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Jaguars are back to work and focusing on Miami, so it is time for us to move on.

The Dolphins are 3-3 and third in the AFC East. They beat the Patriots, Raiders, and Bears and lost to the Bils, Chiefs, and Packers.

I see no reason we can't win this game, but they almost beat the Packers. so anything can happen.

The Dolphins are a really puzzling team. They beat some good teams and have lost to some teams who IMO aren't as talented as they are... They were talking about benching their starting QB a few weeks ago, now he's playing well and all is great again... I'm not really sure how good they are, TBH, but what I do know is their defense is pretty good. That doesn't bode well for us, as our o-line is still struggling at times and our rookie QB is struggling. All signs point to us losing, but Tannehill can be hot and cold. Just depends on what kind of day we catch him on.

If you want to move on, knock yourself out... I'm still enjoying the win.

Quote:The Dolphins are a really puzzling team. They beat some good teams and have lost to some teams who IMO aren't as talented as they are... They were talking about benching their starting QB a few weeks ago, now he's playing well and all is great again... I'm not really sure how good they are, TBH, but what I do know is their defense is pretty good. That doesn't bode well for us, as our o-line is still struggling at times and our rookie QB is struggling. All signs point to us losing, but Tannehill can be hot and cold. Just depends on what kind of day we catch him on.

dolphins suffer from bad coaching and lack of a consistent run game.
Defensive line needs to get after him
A win this week vs Miami and accumulating a modest 2 game winning streak would show that they are making tangible progress. 

Quote:A win this week vs Miami and accumulating a modest 2 game winning streak would show that they are making tangible progress. 

Yep, a win against the Fins, by any score, shows progress and a loss will show regression.

No one said being a head coach was easy.
The Phins are virtually the same team we're right now, just a bit more stout with some veterans in key areas. Tannehill isn't great, but he's not terrible. He plays wild at times, takes chances with the football, and can beat you with his legs. As mentioned earlier, the running game is inconsistent which is hurting them. I watched them fold a lot against KC, BUT, KC is not getting enough credit. That's a good football out there under Andy Reid.

So, I don't know, hard to tell with this team. And it's not so much as the Phins that make it difficult to guess, it's our own team that you have to think about. I mentioned it in the Prisco Cleveland Upset thread over the weekend. When you look at the last three games, defensively, we've improved, we held Pittsburgh to a small amount of points, we held to the tacks to a small amount of points, and we just pitched the Browns their lowest total in a game I believe this year. The pass rush is getting there, the secondary is much improved, and if the linebackers keep making plays like Thomas and Smith were doing yesterday. It's looking good right now.

Offensively, I am not sure if Robinson's game was just a tease but it would be awesome to see him run some more like that. I am not in any rush to see him lose time or carriers to any other back on this team. Bortles will improve, he made some really BAD throws out there, but, hey, he's a rookie. I see veterans do the same, if not, worse at times. Ultimately, he made enough plays to keep us in the game though. And that's all that matters. DEFENSE was awesome.

Quote:The Phins are virtually the same team we're right now, just a bit more stout with some veterans in key areas. Tannehill isn't great, but he's not terrible. He plays wild at times, takes chances with the football, and can beat you with his legs. As mentioned earlier, the running game is inconsistent which is hurting them. I watched them fold a lot against KC, BUT, KC is not getting enough credit. That's a good football out there under Andy Reid.

So, I don't know, hard to tell with this team. And it's not so much as the Phins that make it difficult to guess, it's our own team that you have to think about. I mentioned it in the Prisco Cleveland Upset thread over the weekend. When you look at the last three games, defensively, we've improved, we held Pittsburgh to a small amount of points, we held to the tacks to a small amount of points, and we just pitched the Browns their lowest total in a game I believe this year. The pass rush is getting there, the secondary is much improved, and if the linebackers keep making plays like Thomas and Smith were doing yesterday. It's looking good right now.

Offensively, I am not sure if Robinson's game was just a tease but it would be awesome to see him run some more like that. I am not in any rush to see him lose time or carriers to any other back on this team. Bortles will improve, he made some really BAD throws out there, but, hey, he's a rookie. I see veterans do the same, if not, worse at times. Ultimately, he made enough plays to keep us in the game though. And that's all that matters. DEFENSE was awesome.

I think our defense will continue to look good against the Dolphins, as they're no offensive juggernaut. It's the offense that worries me. Should be another low scoring affair, I just hope we can put up enough points to pull out the win.
Jaguars - 28

Dolphins - 20

I think Cyprien gets a pick six in this game. Smith is also going to get another sack - strip - fumble this weekend.

Quote:The Phins are virtually the same team we're right now, just a bit more stout with some veterans in key areas. Tannehill isn't great, but he's not terrible. He plays wild at times, takes chances with the football, and can beat you with his legs. As mentioned earlier, the running game is inconsistent which is hurting them. I watched them fold a lot against KC, BUT, KC is not getting enough credit. That's a good football out there under Andy Reid.

Miami is 5th in the NFL in rushing so I'm not for sure where you get your info. Coaching has been questionable at times. QB play has been a roller coaster. Defense is #1 in yards allowed per play. Offense is generating more points per game than over half the league. I sure am not overlooking the Jaguars. Just keeping it real. 

Jags run d is real. Our offense must put up more points than theirs...

But for real if we show a balanced attack I see no reason we should be discounted this week. We will continue to turn the ball over BUT making big plays will help offset that.
Quote:Jags run d is real. Our offense must put up more points than theirs...

But for real if we show a balanced attack I see no reason we should be discounted this week. We will continue to turn the ball over BUT making big plays will help offset that.
I would be prepared to see a lot of read option, Qb runs, short passes design for high completion percentage and RAC. I would expect constant pressure on your QB even with a 4 man rush. Expect the heat to come in 3rd and 7 or more. 
Quote:Miami is 5th in the NFL in rushing so I'm not for sure where you get your info. Coaching has been questionable at times. QB play has been a roller coaster. Defense is #1 in yards allowed per play. Offense is generating more points per game than over half the league. I sure am not overlooking the Jaguars. Just keeping it real. 

Good point. May have jumped a bit too soon there. Based a lot of what I saw against the Chiefs.  
Quote:Good point. May have jumped a bit too soon there. Based a lot of what I saw against the Chiefs.  
Yep. That game was Gross. I was there.
I can't speak intelligently about the Jaguars. I honestly have not followed you guys all year. I did not take notice until I saw the shocking butt kicking you guys just gave the Browns. I can tell you with honesty the strong and weak points in the Dolphins. You guys probably got media rear ended after the win. It was most likely all about the poor play or demise of Cleveland. Don't worry. We just lost in the last 6 seconds to the Packers and then followed it with a complete butt kicking of the Bears. It was all about Cutler under performing. No props to us. I understand. 

Dolphins are a hard team to get a pulse on. To me it looks like they live and die by Tannhill. Their defense seems pretty good as well, will probably be the tougher game we play in the 2nd quarter of the season.
Quote:Dolphins are a hard team to get a pulse on. To me it looks like they live and die by Tannhill. Their defense seems pretty good as well, will probably be the tougher game we play in the 2nd quarter of the season.

Hopefully we get bad Tannehill... He's looked good ever since being called out and potentially benched.
"If dolphins are so intelligent, why are they always getting caught in those fishing nets?"
Quote:I can't speak intelligently about the Jaguars. I honestly have not followed you guys all year. I did not take notice until I saw the shocking butt kicking you guys just gave the Browns. I can tell you with honesty the strong and weak points in the Dolphins. You guys probably got media rear ended after the win. It was most likely all about the poor play or demise of Cleveland. Don't worry. We just lost in the last 6 seconds to the Packers and then followed it with a complete butt kicking of the Bears. It was all about Cutler under performing. No props to us. I understand. 

Welcome to the craziest Jaguars board on the Internet. So you are a Dolphins fan?

No, the reason we won was not poor play by the Browns. It was finally coming together on defense to do what we have been practicing for weeks and taking advantage of the opportunities they gave us. If we repeat that performance with the exception of Paul Posluszny's 12 tackles, I think we can easily keep Miami out of the end zone.

Of course, I know nothing about Miami's defense, so I am not sure what they can do to five rookies, five second year players, and one free agent (LG Zane Beadles). We probably will start Denard Robinson at RB, but Gus Bradley does not sound like it is set in stone. Our starting TE, Marcedes Lewis, is on short term IR. His backup is very good at catching passes, but bad as a blocker. And FYI the fullback's last name is pronounced Ta-FO-lo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6