Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Possible defensive staff changes coming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><span style="margin:-1px;">User Actions</span>
  Follow</div>
</div>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer'>[Image: s7gjQA45_bigger.jpg]Albert BreerVerified account‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@AlbertBreer</span></a></div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Jaguars are in the process of making some changes to their defensive staff. Unclear to what extent at this point.

I would hope so, I don't expect them to bring in a new DC but I would really hope so. 

Nothing against Wash but I think that with the talent we have on defense we need a solid and creative DC who won't feed us with "Jack at OTTO" and stuff like that.

errrrybody gotz to go!

One possibility is because of the Tom Coughlin influence factor,  the Jaguars want to hire Perry Fewell to work with DBs.   Fewell was the Giants DC under TC for many years and was the Redskins DB Coach for 2 seasons before being let go after this season.   Considering the Redskins injury situation in their Secondary this season,  Fewell certainly had an uphill battle.

Fewell would be an outstanding addition to the staff.

Quote:Fewell would be an outstanding addition to the staff.

Agreed. Wasn't he DC for the Giants' last superbowl team?
Quote:Fewell would be an outstanding addition to the staff.

That's my take as well.   Perry Fewell has a wealth of experience and the familiarity factor with Tom Coughlin can only help the Jaguars.
Quote:Agreed. Wasn't he DC for the Giants' last superbowl team?

Absolutely.
Quick! Someone tell Bklyn!
Think Wash will stay but the DB coach Walker(?) will be canned.
I think Marrone is going to say "we're scrapping this Seattle scheme, Wash. You willing to change or nah?"
This is exactly why I wanted Tom Coughlin at any cost in the organization. Tom is shaping this team up as we speak. TC has pedigree and successful coaches want to work for him. Something DC didn't have. 

Also hoped Robert Saleh the LB coach stays. He's done good work with Telvin and Poz
Based on the post week 17 grumblings from the players on defense this was bound to happen whether Marrone stayed or not. 

Quote:Think Wash will stay but the DB coach Walker(?) will be canned.
That would be a good start. Smile
waiting for Mallory to be s canned.

Quote:waiting for Mallory to be s canned.

Exactly, this cat has nine lives.
Walker

Quote:Exactly, this cat has nine lives.

I have to trust TC. It makes me have confidence in this team I haven't had for a long time. I pretty much got what I wanted. An offensive minded experienced HC and an experienced proven winner leading the org in Tom Coughlin. Now, Ill just sit back relax and watch the moves happen all the way til September. The arrow is now finally pointing up. 
Fewell entered the NFL as the defensive backs coach for Tom Coughlin in 1998 and stayed there through 2002. Jacksonville's pass defense ranked third in the NFL in 1999 and two years later the Jaguars gave up only 13 touchdown passes.

Quote:Exactly, this cat has nine lives.
Ready to say you were wrong yet or nah?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12