Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cyprien
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Is it just me or is this guy biting hard on play action way too often? He seems to do pretty well in run support and making plays on short passes around the line. However, most of the times I see a TE running wide open down the middle of the field behind the defense it appears as if its a blown coverage from Cyprien reading run. Maybe its linebackers that are responsible for the TE down the middle. What do you think?

I think he should put on 15 lbs. and play linebacker. He is always eager to play the run. Too eager in many cases.
The guy wasn't worth the 33rd pick in the draft. 

I said that when the pick was made. 

Caldwell has generally been good, but the Gratz and Cyprien selections were bad. 

Quote:The guy wasn't worth the 33rd pick in the draft. 

Caldwell has generally been good, but the Gratz and Cyprien selections were bad. 

How is Arthur Brown doing?
Cyprien boneheads several plays every game.  However, the rest of the game he is one of the best players on the field on defense.

I hadn't thought about moving Cyp to linebacker, but that actually sounds like a good idea.  Bulk him up 15 pounds and move him to linebacker and put Loston in at SS.

Quote:How is Arthur Brown doing?

I'd trade for him if the Ravens would do it.
Quote:How is Arthur Brown doing?

Yeah, it seems I missed on the A. Brown rec. 

Too bad that doesn't discredit the fact that I am right about the Cyprien and Gratz picks...

And Joeckel? Beadles?

He's been generally good?
Quote:Cyprien boneheads several plays every game.  However, the rest of the game he is one of the best players on the field on defense.

I hadn't thought about moving Cyp to linebacker, but that actually sounds like a good idea.  Bulk him up 15 pounds and move him to linebacker and put Loston in at SS.

Not really. What were the boneheaded plays before this game?
Quote:Yeah, it seems I missed on the A. Brown rec. 

Too bad that doesn't discredit the fact that I am right about the Cyprien and Gratz picks...

You're not "right" about Cyprien. You say the same crap every week about him. Remember last week when you pretended that Cyprien did not play well against the Steelers and when you were asked for examples you stopped replying?

Maybe not worth the 33rd pick, but he probably is deserving of the second round. I think he is our long-term answer at strong safety.
Quote:Maybe not worth the 33rd pick, but he probably is deserving of the second round. I think he is our long-term answer at strong safety.

He's not good in coverage.  Always late to the pass or not there at all.
Cyp is the least of our worries on defense.

Quote:He's not good in coverage.  Always late to the pass or not there at all.

"Always"
Quote:He's not good in coverage.  Always late to the pass or not there at all.
He made a great play on the third on a short against the Tacks. Forced a punt in a critical part of the game. As I pointed out earlier, he can make plays around the line. He is just a liability when he has to cover down field. That is pretty important for a safety.
Quote:Cyp is the least of our worries on defense.
This.
Quote:Is it just me or is this guy biting hard on play action way too often? He seems to do pretty well in run support and making plays on short passes around the line. However, most of the times I see a TE running wide open down the middle of the field behind the defense it appears as if its a blown coverage from Cyprien reading run. Maybe its linebackers that are responsible for the TE down the middle. What do you think?
I'll get back to you when we have a linebacking core or scheme that can cover, a shut down corner and a strong safety the QB throws away from.
Quote:I'll get back to you when we have a linebacking core or scheme that can cover, a shut down corner and a strong safety the QB throws away from.

So you're saying we need a GM to build a team lol?
Quote:Cyp is the least of our worries on defense.

I agree.

We just desperately need linebackers and we'd be a top tier defense.  Evans would be the next to replace, although Evans isn't quite as bad as many make him out to be.  
Quote:You're not "right" about Cyprien. You say the same crap every week about him. Remember last week when you pretended that Cyprien did not play well against the Steelers and when you were asked for examples you stopped replying?

Cyprien didn't play well yesterday. Cyprien is an okay player but far from worthy of a 33rd overall pick. 

You can get a player with his skill set/ ability in the 3rd day of the draft. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5