Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: You may not like it but the process is occurring.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Jaguars look like they are improving each week. They have been competitive and with a close game like yesterday they were 1 or 2 plays away from securing a win. Of course it's easy to look at the negatives such as the bad challenges, dropped balls, and turnovers but I saw a team that played hard, made a few big plays, but just came up short due to lack of execution. I am hopeful to see this team secure a win soon and I Believe they will.

On a side note, Bortles is the best rookie QB I've seen in a long time. I'd argue he even looks better than Luck did at this stage.

Denard Robinson also appears to really improving his game. I love what Im seeing from him.

Go Jags!
The way I see it is that Bortles will get better with game experience. He'll be more seasoned as time goes on. Let's also remember that the wide receivers will be better. clay Harbor is a new weapon. Even in the last game p, you can't always rely on Shorts fumbling inside the 20 or Hurns slipping and falling again
I agree and this team has significantly improved from 5 weeks ago. We have a QB to build around, our secondary is playing better and we are getting pressure. Our LB'S are hurting us and that won't get fixed this year. With an upgraded oline and better LB group, this team could look completely different. 0-6 yes, but we aren't as far off as our record suggests.
I am glad the games are closer.

But it's pretty obvious that the team blew the first three games by starting Henne. Bortles is already light years ahead of anything that Henne would dream of being.

I agree. Every game he has started we have been in it going into the 4th qtr. Do I want to win.. Hell yea. But I do see us getting better every week.
Bortles has made us better, but playing two bad teams in s row certainly helps us look better.
Quote:The way I see it is that Bortles will get better with game experience. He'll be more seasoned as time goes on. Let's also remember that the wide receivers will be better. clay Harbor is a new weapon. Even in the last game p, you can't always rely on Shorts fumbling inside the 20 or Hurns slipping and falling again

Good QB's make average TE's look like all-pro's. Where have we seen this before?
Quote:Jaguars look like they are improving each week. They have been competitive and with a close game like yesterday they were 1 or 2 plays away from securing a win. Of course it's easy to look at the negatives such as the bad challenges, dropped balls, and turnovers but I saw a team that played hard, made a few big plays, but just came up short due to lack of execution. I am hopeful to see this team secure a win soon and I Believe they will.

On a side note, Bortles is the best rookie QB I've seen in a long time. I'd argue he even looks better than Luck did at this stage.

Denard Robinson also appears to really improving his game. I love what Im seeing from him.

Go Jags!

LOL.....

Cleveland dropped 30 on Pittsburgh yesterday and blew them out....the same Pitt team that we couldn't get more than 9 points against the week prior. 

Tennessee just beat us yesterday....

Here we go again with thinking playing close/ barely winning vs bad teams is impressive. 

Gus has ZERO wins vs a quality opponent in 22 games. 

As bad as Mularkey was, he beat a Colts team in 2012 that went to the playoffs that year. 

I'm on board !!!  Got our QB now we just need a few more high picks to add top tier talent for the future !!

Defense game up only 26 points in past 2 weeks (I excluded the pick 6 from the Steelers game as that was the offenses fault).

Most logical fan would agree. But those fans are becoming more fewer and farther in between.
Quote:LOL.....

Cleveland dropped 30 on Pittsburgh yesterday and blew them out....the same Pitt team that we couldn't get more than 9 points against the week prior.

Tennessee just beat us yesterday....

Here we go again with thinking playing close/ barely winning vs bad teams is impressive.

As bad as Mularkey was, he beat a Colts team in 2012 that went to the playoffs that year.
Impressive no. But we are showing improvement. Also, silly to look at what one team does to another week to week. Titans were blowing out cleveland... it's a ridiculous exercise that means absolutely nothing.
I think our secondary is actually regressing.
Quote:I think our secondary is actually regressing.

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion after the last 2 weeks.
Quote:LOL.....

Tennessee just beat us yesterday....

The same Cleveland team that blew a 24 point lead against the Steelers week 1.

Tennessee beat Kansas City. The same team that handed Tom Brady his [BLEEP] in his hand.

Cecil Shorts beat the colts on a miracle basic slant catch and run. Not Mularkey.
Quote:The same Cleveland team that blew a 24 point lead against the Steelers week 1.

Week 1? lol

We almost beat a 5-1 team week 1. What is your point? Most teams get better as the season goes along. We are just not one of them. 

I think certain players in the secondary are. 

I think McCray's been one of the few bright spots there. 

Definitely our Achilles' Heel at this point. All other issues aside, if that group was solid, we'd be in the .500 range right now.
Quote:I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion after the last 2 weeks.

I haven't been seeing our CBs getting beat like a snare drum like they were at the beginning of the season.
Quote:Week 1? lol

We almost beat a 5-1 team week 1. What is your point? Most teams get better as the season goes along. We are just not one of them.

We haven't gotten better since week 1?
Quote:Week 1? lol

Now you are just trolling. We haven't gotten better?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11